Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gannon and SRU have both offered Howard Community College PG Daeshawn Eaton (Columbia Mills, MD). They are both recruiting many of the same players -- and the MD JUCO circuit very hard.

Eaton picked up a D1 offer this week (his first) from North Texas.

The PSAC has done very well down there over the years -- Tevin Hanner, Micah Till, Brandon Spain (among many others).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Gannon and SRU have both offered Howard Community College PG Daeshawn Eaton (Columbia Mills, MD). They are both recruiting many of the same players -- and the MD JUCO circuit very hard.

Eaton picked up a D1 offer this week (his first) from North Texas.

The PSAC has done very well down there over the years -- Tevin Hanner, Micah Till, Brandon Spain (among many others).
      Gannon will be all over the JUCO circuit. It's cost half the money for a JUCO player than a HS or other transfer.

Comment

• Gannon has signed SF Thomas Whitley (6'6", 190 lbs) out of Eleanor Roosevelt (Greenbelt, MD).

Comment

• An odd add-on for DS....

https://coastsportstoday.com/2021/03...ands-at-cal-u/

Seems like a less than full scholarship player...time will tell.

Comment

• Mercyhurst refreshing their barn.

https://www.goerie.com/story/sports/...er/7148989002/

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Thank goodness. That place was awful. The rest of the campus is beautiful.

Comment

• Didn't they basically have a sport court?

Guess that means Seton Hill and Edinboro are in the running for worst basketball facility in the West.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Didn't they basically have a sport court?

Guess that means Seton Hill and Edinboro are in the running for worst basketball facility in the West.
                  If you think Edinboro is bad then Gannon has to be with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

If you think Edinboro is bad then Gannon has to be with them.
                    The 'Mill had its day ... a long, long time ago.

Comment

• Clarion's Aaron Hizendeger (F) has entered the transfer portal. He started a bunch of games for them two years ago.

This is a huge off-season for Clarion. If they play it right, the Golden Eagles can be pretty good next year.

Gerald Jarmon ... no idea how they got him ... but he's a special player. With the free year, he'll still be a freshman next year. It also appears senior Lawrence Lemon (6'7" Forward) is going to return. Those are two guys with legit all-conference talent. They need more than just those two, but they are legitimately a piece or two away from being very good next year. Kaison Branch is turning in to a serviceable PG/G. Mason Mraz seems like he's been there for about 8 years now, but he's also still in the mix.

This is the biggest off-season for the Golden Eagles in a long time. They get two transfers who are ready to play ... it could be interesting.

Comment

• From the Twitter world it doesn't appear Cal cast-off Tim Smith has landed anywhere. I can't locate any offers. Looks like his camp was really making a push for D1.

Comment

From the Twitter world it doesn't appear Cal cast-off Tim Smith has landed anywhere. I can't locate any offers. Looks like his camp was really making a push for D1.
                          He's a nice player but not big time D1. St Francis, YSU or Cleveland State could use him as a 6/7. Lakewood OH is western suburbs of Cleveland. Traded some IM with his Dad who always felt DS was mis-using him as a shooting forward. This didn't surprise me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

He's a nice player but not big time D1. St Francis, YSU or Cleveland State could use him as a 6/7. Lakewood OH is western suburbs of Cleveland. Traded some IM with his Dad who always felt DS was mis-using him as a shooting forward. This didn't surprise me.
                            Times are changing. He's been on the market a while now. Still time but if a D1 was coming ... they probably would have already. The fear of a strong D2 taking him now would be he'll do this again next year after the season.

Sancomb could have had a loaded team next year if all those guys hadn't left. I mean loaded (us IUP folk like the word 'loaded' per some). Lol.

He can recruit very well. Retention has been his killer down there.

Comment

Times are changing. He's been on the market a while now. Still time but if a D1 was coming ... they probably would have already. The fear of a strong D2 taking him now would be he'll do this again next year after the season.

Sancomb could have had a loaded team next year if all those guys hadn't left. I mean loaded (us IUP folk like the word 'loaded' per some). Lol.

He can recruit very well. Retention has been his killer down there.
                              It would help if somebody, ANYBODY, showed up for the games !!! We have a very nice D2 even D1 facility and I wish every game that they never left HAMER !! Oh well, at least there's a chance for a season in '21-'22.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

It would help if somebody, ANYBODY, showed up for the games !!! We have a very nice D2 even D1 facility and I wish every game that they never left HAMER !! Oh well, at least there's a chance for a season in '21-'22.
                                The KCAC and the Angelo Dome ARE nicer than many, many D1 facilities (mid-major level).

The Angelo Dome is so freaking big. I was shocked the first time I went in there. The actual basketball arena portion makes the KCAC look small. When IUP gets 3,500 ... it looks sold out. If Cal could get 3,500, the place would still have 2,500 empty seats.

It's really bizarre what happened down there. Cal basketball had such a huge following for so long. I understand the end of the Bill Brown era was pretty bad and that likely turned many away. But, all seriousness, I've been to games in the Dome recently where IUP had more fans than Cal (for the men's game).

The other thing that is very obvious when you go in person is a HUGE number of people leave after the women's game. Obviously, Cal has a tremendous women's program with a nice following, but, nonetheless, that is odd. I mean, you're already there. Why not stay.

A couple years ago IUP and Cal had a huge women's game. The men's game was going to be the D2 Game of the Week on whatever TV channel. The women's game probably had close to 2,000 people. There MIGHT have been 150 there when the men's game tipped off.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X