Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

When have they not been?
    70's, 80's and 90's were better than now.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

70's, 80's and 90's were better than now.
      There weren't politicians and media folks villainizing and demonizing the opposition.

Comment

There weren't politicians and media folks villainizing and demonizing the opposition.
        Very true...And there weren't nearly as many media hacks and academicians fanning the flames of division for political and personal gain. Funny how we all got along so much better when we didn't have a chorus of media and intellectuals telling us how upset and offended we should be about everything.

Comment

No, that was handled by HUAC, Joe McCarthy, Dixiecrats in Congress, and other assorted folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

No, that was handled by HUAC, Joe McCarthy, Dixiecrats in Congress, and other assorted folks.
            Hummm...House Un-American Activity Committee of 1938...5 Democrats and 2 Republicans. The current House January 6 Committee...7 Democrats and 2 Republicans. Yep, many paralels.

Comment

• Edinboro adds a non-conference game at Indianapolis on December 30. I imagine there's some sort of guarantee involved to make this happen on late notice.

Comment

Hummm...House Un-American Activity Committee of 1938...5 Democrats and 2 Republicans. The current House January 6 Committee...7 Democrats and 2 Republicans. Yep, many paralels.
                There are very few parallels. I wasn't talking about the pre-war HUAC period. Both the Republican and Democratic parties from the '30s through the '60s were vastly different from today's parties; If you're hung up on party, Joe McCarthy was a Republican, etc., etc. Point is, there have been very few decades in this country's history when everything has been just fine.

Comment

There are very few parallels. I wasn't talking about the pre-war HUAC period. Both the Republican and Democratic parties from the '30s through the '60s were vastly different from today's parties; If you're hung up on party, Joe McCarthy was a Republican, etc., etc. Point is, there have been very few decades in this country's history when everything has been just fine.
                  McCarthy was never part of the HUAC. Dems go to move is to form a congressional committee to "investigate" their political opponents as "threats to democracy."

Comment

McCarthy was never part of the HUAC. Dems go to move is to form a congressional committee to "investigate" their political opponents as "threats to democracy."
                    Never said he was. I'm somewhat aware that a senator could not be part of a House committee. Just pointing out that he was part of the problem then. So the Democrats led the multiple investigations of Benghazi? I lived through those eras and have a pretty good idea of what was going on. Believe what you will, and I'm done with this. Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Comment

• So why come back?

Comment

Never said he was. I'm somewhat aware that a senator could not be part of a House committee. Just pointing out that he was part of the problem then. So the Democrats led the multiple investigations of Benghazi? I lived through those eras and have a pretty good idea of what was going on. Believe what you will, and I'm done with this. Merry Christmas.
                          Big difference in how Republicans do investigative committees. The Bengazi Committee was 7 Republians and 5 Democrats including liberal firebrands Adam Schiff and Elija Cummings. No Democrats put on the committee by Nancy Pelosi were "removed." On the J6 Investigation Comittee, Nancy Pelosi appointed all 8 members (6 Dems and 2 Republicans) after she rejected the Republican members selected by Republican leader Kevin McCarthy.

Comment

Big difference in how Republicans do investigative committees. The Bengazi Committee was 7 Republians and 5 Democrats including liberal firebrands Adam Schiff and Elija Cummings. No Democrats put on the committee by Nancy Pelosi were "removed." On the J6 Investigation Comittee, Nancy Pelosi appointed all 8 members (6 Dems and 2 Republicans) after she rejected the Republican members selected by Republican leader Kevin McCarthy.
                            Holy Heck... shut up with the politics already!!!

Comment

You're wrong. Ask the Kennedy family if they felt they were demonized in the 60's. Do assassinations count?

Comment

• Boro lost at UIndy 88-62. Shot just 35% from the floor and 14% from beyond the arc. Conversely Indy played very well. That won't get it done any day.

Tyler Fritz has landed at Lebanon Valley. He was a solid recruit a few years ago but probably wanted playing time closer to home (Hazleton).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X