X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.
    That's what KJs essentially been doing at Gannon and we ser what its gotten him haha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.

After this season, they'll lose Batt, Magestro, Jakubick, Kromka and Landis. That's a lot of firepower in one off-season.

I swear Landis has been there 14 years.

They did sign the WPIAL's leading scorer (well, he was at one time, anyway).

Tomiwa is really the x-factor playing against their 4-guard lineup. That gives them a big advantage against most teams. Tomiwa can match-up with guards which offsets their attempt at mismatches.

UPJ has a tough team. They are by no means an easy out -- especially when you decide to play them at their pace. If you watch them in warm-ups you'd think IUP would beat them by 75 points. But, they really make that old-school system work. Kromka is one smooth dude around the basket.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    IUP* 17-1 23-1 W1
    Mercyhurst* 14-3 18-3 W5
    Pitt-Johnstown* 13-4 17-6 L1
    Seton Hill* 10-8 15-9 W3
    California* 9-9 12-12 W3
    Slippery Rock 8-10 14-10 L3
    Edinboro 3-14 5-17 L6
    Gannon 2-16 2-20 L4
    Clarion 1-16 3-19 L2

* Clinched PSAC Tournament berth

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Hurst will rebuild in the off-season. Always do
    Gary will find some bodies but it will take time to teach them Gary's ways with the D.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.
    Like Gannon did and the kid turned out to be a complete douche!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This was the team UPJ they was building up to ... until Mulbah left.

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

I wonder if this is Rukavina's swan song.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.
    McIntosh and Nick Lang are both for sure done at Hurst. Now Bradley, Planutis, Sandy and Hoepner are all question marks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.
    He looks like he's in his 40's.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Wouldn’t be surprised, hope they make the NCAA tournament

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    Hurst Rock

SRU came out with a lot of defensive intensity and really stymied Mercyhurst in the early going. Despite both teams playing very inspired defense there were only 4 total fouls with 7 mins to go in the first half. Hurst trailed by 9 most of the first half. Then the whistles came out, 9 fouls were called and hurst was down just 2 at half. 35-33

In the first 9 mins of the second half, Hurst outscored SRU 23-8. Much of the night Manchell chose to have 6-1 Nick Lang guard SRU’s leading scorer 6-7 Khalid Gates. When Lang was out another guard got the assignment.

At the 4min mark, Hurst led just 63-55 and Rick had the ball and Lashley missed an open three. From there it ended 72-57 Hurst

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

KJ is a joke, period!
    And then some! Hoping this is his final year

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X