Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It won't be pleasant for some if either of these two win.

Fayetteville likely gets in out right. Probably.
    I'd add JC Smith to the gets in outright list.

Comment

It won't be pleasant for some if either of these two win.

Fayetteville likely gets in out right. Probably.
      College BB tournaments are basically chaos. How often do one-bid leagues in the Division ! tournament see their best team sitting out of the NCAAs because someone got hot and popped them during the conference tournament? Obviously, quite often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

College BB tournaments are basically chaos. How often do one-bid leagues in the Division ! tournament see their best team sitting out of the NCAAs because someone got hot and popped them during the conference tournament? Obviously, quite often.
        Personally, I despise conference tournaments. If it was up to me IUP and Shippensburg (men's and women's) would play a double-header for the PSAC Championship. Same as we do it in football.

But, these conference tournaments sell a lot of tickets.

I will never get the fact that a team wins the brutal dog-fight of a whole season and then some jabroni gets hot for one week -- and gets declared league champion with a 16-12 record.

Comment

Personally, I despise conference tournaments. If it was up to me IUP and Shippensburg (men's and women's) would play a double-header for the PSAC Championship. Same as we do it in football.

I will never get the fact that a team wins the brutal dog-fight of a whole season and then some jabroni gets hot for one week -- and gets declared league champion with a 16-12 record.
          Only certain conference tourneys actually make money anymore.

The reason they presist is that the NCAA prioritizes the "winners" by giving them a guaranteed tourney slot. Part of the issue is that the "name" programs in each region aren't really exposed to the effect of not winning their conference tourney. It's one thing if Glenville or Clarion bounces WV State or Cal out of the tourney...Quite a bit different if they bounced IUP or WLU.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The reason they presist is that the NCAA prioritizes the "winners" by giving them a guaranteed tourney slot. Part of the issue is that the "name" programs in each region aren't really exposed to the effect of not winning their conference tourney. It's one thing if Glenville or Clarion bounces WV State or Cal out of the tourney...Quite a bit different if they bounced IUP or WLU.
            Add to it a 15-15 Claflin could take a 7 or 8 loss teams spot. March Madness sure can be maddening. Way too much importance gets put on a single week.

Comment

Add to it a 15-15 Claflin could take a 7 or 8 loss teams spot. March Madness sure can be maddening. Way too much importance gets put on a single week.
              Wouldn't it be somthing if THREE "outsiders" (i.e. Non-ranked team) got in?? Peoples heads would fly off their shoulders!! Lots of good 7, 8 and 9 loss teams would be left on the cutting room floor!

Think we're kind of "out of touch" so to speak because our particular teams are almost always at/near the top of the region. Our biggest concern the last few weeks of the regular season and even into our conf tourneys are seeding/hosting which while interesting, is not typically drama filled. For a lot of the traditional bubble teams, last week of the season AND the conf tourney week is high drama. For them it's not just their team winning or losing, it's what other teams do across the region and then what a group of largely anonomous people using an unknown "formula" deciding to give one of 8 golden tickets to.

Not much way to do this but wouldn't it be "fairer" if a non-ranked team from a conf won their conf tourney, that team would replace the lowest seeded team from that particular conf. So for example, if Glenville won the MEC tourney, they would "bump" UC out. THAT would raise the drama of the conf tourney 1000%!
              Last edited by boatcapt; 02-28-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't it be somthing if THREE "outsiders" (i.e. Non-ranked team) got in?? Peoples heads would fly off their shoulders!! Lots of good 7, 8 and 9 loss teams would be left on the cutting room floor!

Think we're kind of "out of touch" so to speak because our particular teams are almost always at/near the top of the region. Our biggest concern the last few weeks of the regular season and even into our conf tourneys are seeding/hosting which while interesting, is not typically drama filled. For a lot of the traditional bubble teams, last week of the season AND the conf tourney week is high drama. For them it's not just their team winning or losing, it's what other teams do across the region and then what a group of largely anonomous people using an unknown "formula" deciding to give one of 8 golden tickets to.
                Blah blah blah... win the games you're suppose to and those teams wouldn't have the issue. The conference tournies are the drama b/c they allow a hot team with 15 losses to get in and that's BOGUS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Blah blah blah... win the games you're suppose to and those teams wouldn't have the issue. The conference tournies are the drama b/c they allow a hot team with 15 losses to get in and that's BOGUS!!!
                  Blah blah blah...win the conference tourney games you're supposed to and those 15 loss teams won't have a chance to bounce you or anyone else out of the tourney. The 15 loss teams only make the tourney because higher seeded teams lose to them in the conference tourney. Don't want them to bump you, beat them.

Comment

Yeah, and this is one year where IUP and Ship have clearly separated themselves as the best in their two divisions, but it wouldn't be surprising to me if one or both would be eliminated before the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, and this is one year where IUP and Ship have clearly separated themselves as the best in their two divisions, but it wouldn't be surprising to me if one or both would be eliminated before the final.
                      IUP's getting a tough game next Wednesday night regardless who they play. It's either going to be Cal, Gannon or SRU. Luckily it will at least be inside the KCAC.

When I was doing that little write-up on the games tomorrow ... man, that East race is still a jumbled-up mess. I'm looking forward to watching it play out tomorrow (and possibly be decided by tie-breakers).

Comment

• Fayetteville State takes down Johnson C. Smith 56-48 to advance to the CIAA title game.

Comment

Comment

IUP's getting a tough game next Wednesday night regardless who they play. It's either going to be Cal, Gannon or SRU. Luckily it will at least be inside the KCAC.

When I was doing that little write-up on the games tomorrow ... man, that East race is still a jumbled-up mess. I'm looking forward to watching it play out tomorrow (and possibly be decided by tie-breakers).
                            IUP earned the right to have it at the KCAC.

Comment

• Comment

• Aside from perhaps IUP & WLU (the seemingly safe teams), every other team in the region just because huge fans of the Fayetteville State Broncos! They appeared to have the resume to perhaps earn an at-large anyway. WSSU's only hope of getting in is a win today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X