Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield up 9 at the break vs Millersville. We'll see if they can hold on.

Comment

• ESU's McAliley is and has been the dirtiest player in the PSAC East. He has gotten away with his crap for too long, which is very likely why he is always in disbelief when something gets called on him. He got called for dirty plays today. Head on over to the PSAC network and queue up the 11:52 mark in the first half for McAliley's flagrant foul and then check out the 17:30 mark in the second half for his technical foul. His 5th foul is also worth watching at the 5:32 mark in case you need further examples of his dirty play.

Warrior's Voice may think Jeff Wilson is a real "class act" but the way he lets McAliley behave on the court, on the bench and while walking to the locker room after the game while also FLIPPING OFF Ship fans (with his other arm around the shoulders of one of the coaches) doesn't compute. Not sure how a class act lets his players repeatedly act so classless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raider05 View Post
        ESU's McAliley is and has been the dirtiest player in the PSAC East. He has gotten away with his crap for too long, which is very likely why he is always in disbelief when something gets called on him. He got called for dirty plays today. Head on over to the PSAC network and queue up the 11:52 mark in the first half for McAliley's flagrant foul and then check out the 17:30 mark in the second half for his technical foul. His 5th foul is also worth watching at the 5:32 mark in case you need further examples of his dirty play.

Warrior's Voice may think Jeff Wilson is a real "class act" but the way he lets McAliley behave on the court, on the bench and while walking to the locker room after the game while also FLIPPING OFF Ship fans (with his other arm around the shoulders of one of the coaches) doesn't compute. Not sure how a class act lets his players repeatedly act so classless.
        He should have been ejected on the first two. Terrible officiating.

Comment

ESU's McAliley is and has been the dirtiest player in the PSAC East. He has gotten away with his crap for too long, which is very likely why he is always in disbelief when something gets called on him. He got called for dirty plays today. Head on over to the PSAC network and queue up the 11:52 mark in the first half for McAliley's flagrant foul and then check out the 17:30 mark in the second half for his technical foul. His 5th foul is also worth watching at the 5:32 mark in case you need further examples of his dirty play.

First, I can tell you he probably won't be in the starting lineup on Wednesday because of the T today. Second, a player's behavior reflects on the player, but I fail to see how that ruins a coach's reputation over a 21 year career. Third, when the play spilled into the Shippensburg bench, both teams were assessed technicals but somehow you avoid mentioning that. Please stop clutching your pearls and look at your football coach who routinely avoids post-game handshakes...
          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 02-17-2024, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

First, I can tell you he probably won't be in the starting lineup on Wednesday because of the T today. Second, a player's behavior reflects on the player, but I fail to see how that ruins a coach's reputation over a 21 year career. Third, when the play spilled into the Shippensburg bench, both teams were assessed technicals but somehow you avoid mentioning that. Please stop clutching your pearls and look at your football coach who routinely avoids post-game handshakes...

A player's behavior does reflect on the player. But when it is a repeated behavior, I believe that it is the responsibility of the coach to get that player in check. Do you think not starting is somehow going to change McAliley's behavior?

You are correct that Ship got a T, too. I did not mention simply because I was pointing out the multiple instances of his behavior from just this game. I recall at least one play from the game when Ship played at ESU, but can think back to the elbow he threw last season that fractured Ty Crespo's cheek. He certainly doesn't reserve this behavior just for Ship, though. The player who McAliley lowered his shoulder and intentionally leveled on the bench retaliated and pushed him in the aftermath. In a not-so-shocking turn of events, McAliley acted like he was surprised by the bench being upset and by having a T called on him. I'm not sure if this football-like play is what caused you to bring football onto the PSAC East BASKETBALL board but I'm not seeing how that is at all relevant to the topic at hand.

P.S. not a fan of pearls.
            Last edited by Raider05; 02-17-2024, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Who cares about the Ship technical. They were defending themselves from the filth bag lowering his shoulder into that kid on the bench. Your boy McAliley should be suspended!!!

Comment

• Lost in all the talk about the technicals was the fact that a modestly talented Ship team played its collective butt off and stayed in contention until the last two minutes with a team that had beaten them by over 50 points in the meeting at East Stroudsburg. Markus Frank was a one-man fast break for much of the second half. A loss is a loss, but I couldn't be more pleased with the way those kids competed today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Who cares about the Ship technical. They were defending themselves from the filth bag lowering his shoulder into that kid on the bench. Your boy McAliley should be suspended!!!
                  It would have been bad if Ship didn't get a technical after that cheap shot. Ship just has a bunch of small guards on the bench or he'd have probably got cracked (deservedly so).

He must have been having a really bad day to behave the way he did yesterday. I'd actually be shocked if the league (or his coach) doesn't suspend him at least one game. This isn't the prison yard league.

That garbage will eventually cost them a game if they don't get him under control.

Comment

• What what what?

One of the troop members of the East Dennyburg Boy Scouts was dirty?

::::::clutches pearls::::::

Comment

• Quite a race for the last spot in the East.

Kutztown is even back in it after yesterday.

Comment

Fun fact: When you fall your whole body lowers to the ground...

Comment

That's laughable. I don't know how you defend or try to spin that. Nice try though.

Comment

That's laughable. I don't know how you defend or try to spin that. Nice try though.
                            Don't engage with him, it's pointless. Not able to have an unbiased conversation. He was defending a call earlier in the year that then supposedly got a crew suspended.

Comment

Just stop! Quit being a dang Homer. He purposely lowered his shoulder into that kid. Video shows it plain as day.

Comment

Just stop! Quit being a dang Homer. He purposely lowered his shoulder into that kid. Video shows it plain as day.
                                Video is plain is day. I think it stemmed from their earlier meeting this year. The kid he lowered his shoulder into is the same kid (Donovan Hill) who he elbowed out of bounds at the 19:43 mark in the second half at ESU. Hill got T'ed up for saying something to McAliley after the fact. If you listen a bit longer to the broadcast, you will actually hear the commentators comment on the push because it was so blatantly obvious.

I double down on my comment that McAliley is the dirtiest player in the East. It could be the entire PSAC but I don't watch nearly enough games in the West. There is a difference between being competitive or talking crap to gain an edge vs repeatedly doing things that could potentially hurt other players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X