Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    The word is that he really wanted to play at the Div 1 level and he knew this would be his best route.

So they should all be very ready when the jump to Div I is made.
    You're really pushing that one hard, simple. I know how heartbroken you will be if it happens, so I I know it's coming from a place of love. And probably a little bit of envy. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      You're really pushing that one hard, simple. I know how heartbroken you will be if it happens, so I I know it's coming from a place of love. And probably a little bit of envy. ;)
      No envy, but yes, lots of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
        I took in the sights and sounds at Augustana's very own "Basketball Madness" and here is what I saw:

-Levi Jansen (rest) and Matt Cartwright (bumps and bruises) did not play. However the chatter about Levi's eventual return to the lineup continues to build.

-Tyler Riemersma is going to be an impact player immediately. His gangly frame and leaping ability will be advantageous on both ends of the court AND he showed a smooth shooting stroke.

-AJ Plitzuweit played after missing several weeks with an illness, he didnt have much of an impact on the 10 minute scrimmage

-Michael Schaefer can get buckets from all three levels on the court, plus he's left handed which defenders tend to forget at least once a game. Just a shame the 2019 National Champion Huskies couldnt keep him in town.

-Adam Dykman has refined his game and looks considerably more comfortable in his role than last season. His first dunk in the dunk contest caused me to question everything I thought I knew about gravity.

-Jameson Bryan did several useful things during this scrimmage, a point guards point guard who also looks more sure of himself than last year.

-Right now there is not a discernable difference between starters and bench players. That creates more depth than Texas Tom has had in a while but at the same time they may struggle to match the talent level of veteran teams. Billeter was telling anyone who would listen that this team is going to be REALLY good in a few years. He hasnt had to use his salesmen gene for several seasons so it's good to have that back in our lives.

Comment

If Levi Jansen is able to make it back to even just a solid portion of his full potential, I think there will be pretty good competition at the SG position too.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            If Levi Jansen is able to make it back to even just a solid portion of his full potential, I think there will be pretty good competition at the SG position too.
            At 5'10" and 6'2" that would be a small backcourt. Do you think Plitzuweit will start and Bryan will come off the bench just to have a little more size in the starting five?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              At 5'10" and 6'2" that would be a small backcourt. Do you think Plitzuweit will start and Bryan will come off the bench just to have a little more size in the starting five?
              Against some teams it will be an issue, but for the most part
              Bryan and Jansen are solid defensive players that "play bigger than their size" so I dont think it's keeping Texas Tom up at night.

Comment

Against some teams it will be an issue, but for the most part
                Bryan and Jansen are solid defensive players that "play bigger than their size" so I dont think it's keeping Texas Tom up at night.
                That's Mrs.Texas Tom's job.

Comment

Since wins and losses have less meaning this season heres my prediction for how the regular season goes:

Vs Southern Arkansas- L 0-1
                  Vs Henderson St- W 1-1
                  Vs Chadron St- W 2-1
                  Vs SD Mines- W 3-1
                  Vs Black Hills St- L 3-2
                  Vs Wayne St - W 4-2
                  @ Winona- L 4-3
                  @UIU- W 5-3
                  Vs Crookston- W 6-3
                  Vs Bemidji- W 7-3
                  Vs Hastings College- W 8-3
                  @ Wayne St - L 8-4
                  @SMSU - L 8-5
                  @USF - L 8-6
                  Vs UIU - W 9-6
                  Vs Winona - L 9-7
                  @ Northern -L 9-8
                  @ Moorhead- W 10-8
                  Vs Concordia - W 11-8
                  Vs Mankato - L 11-9
                  @ Minot - W 12-9
                  @ Mary - L 12-10
                  Vs UMD - W 13-10
                  Vs SCSU - L 13-11
                  @ Mankato - L 13-12
                  @ CSP - W 14-12
                  Vs USF - W 15-12
                  Vs SMSU W 16-12

This feels like three wins too many but I eagerly await this new core teaching me about love, patience, and pain.

Comment

Since wins and losses have less meaning this season heres my prediction for how the regular season goes:

@USF - L 8-6

Vs USF - W 15-12

This feels like three wins too many but I eagerly await this new core teaching me about love, patience, and pain.
                    It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Comment

Vs SMSU W 16-12

Well there's one....

Comment

Looks like Augie is up 47-37 at the under 12 media timeout

Comment

Augie wins 75-67

Comment

Vs Southern Arkansas- L 0-1
                            Looks like the only thing that's 0-1 so far is you and your predictions. Boom. Roasted.

Comment

Two new Vikings make their presence known. Tyler Riemersma 14pts, 9rb, Michael Schaefer 22pts 7rb. This team has much upside.

Comment

Tyler Riemersma has a fantastic chance to be the first ever Newcomer of the Year from Augustana.

Also I realize the competition is mediocre but this Augie team has defensive chops beyond their years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X