Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern State Wolves 2019-2020

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Those incentives should be much, much higher considering the gig. Good for Paul though. I'll be interested how much it took to get Saul to NSU considering he was making over $500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Those incentives should be much, much higher considering the gig. Good for Paul though. I'll be interested how much it took to get Saul to NSU considering he was making over $500,000.

Comment

I was under the impression that he was saying any coach (Sather or otherwise) should get more than $2,000 or whatever it was for winning an NCAA Tournament game, etc. Which, probably to NSU4LIFE's surprise, I agree with completely. That seems like a ridiculously low amount of money for several of those high-level accomplishments he would get bonuses for. But I also don't know what is or isn't reasonable, I suppose. I haven't paid a ton of attention to coaches' salaries.

Comment

I was under the impression that he was saying any coach (Sather or otherwise) should get more than $2,000 or whatever it was for winning an NCAA Tournament game, etc. Which, probably to NSU4LIFE's surprise, I agree with completely. That seems like a ridiculously low amount of money for several of those high-level accomplishments he would get bonuses for. But I also don't know what is or isn't reasonable, I suppose. I haven't paid a ton of attention to coaches' salaries.

Comment

This is gonna end up being a really good hire. Even if it's a stepping stone job for him, a D1 probably won't hire a D2 coach unless he's successful. And I'm not even sure this'll be a stepping stone job for him. He's got strong D2 familiarity with connections to both McDermott and Miles too.

Comment

Brady Danielson will get release and follow Sather to UND...the best part is his hashtag was #NDU

Comment

As it stands now...I have a feeling that Jaylen Robinson and Jaden Graham might be the only incoming freshman that are still incoming...

Austin Holt's AAU coach indicates that Austin is still coming so that's a plus.

Can't find any indication from Tommy, so fingers crossed.
                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 06-11-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Are Northern fans even excited about this? Or has the news been not-exactly-secret-enough for too long? I would have expected 15 posts about the glorious future of the Wolves by now, and it has mostly been met with a moderate to low level of buzz on here. Or have the boards just hit enough of a summer dip that people don't care about sharing their excitement?

Comment

Are Northern fans even excited about this? Or has the news been not-exactly-secret-enough for too long? I would have expected 15 posts about the glorious future of the Wolves by now, and it has mostly been met with a moderate to low level of buzz on here. Or have the boards just hit enough of a summer dip that people don't care about sharing their excitement?
                    I think it is more knowing for this long. I'm trying to reign it in a bit before I post much on the press conference and interviews. All I know is the fit does seem perfect and I really do believe him when he says this isn't a stepping stone, but as with all of us, something can certainly change that. I am only really curious on two things between now and the start of the season. Is Tommy Chatman still coming and will there be a late Saul addition.

Comment

• Comment

Wrote up something for the local paper....was tempted to write the old coach's name as SaTTher

Comment

Sneak peak of the new center hung scoreboard have been released. It's beautiful for more than one reason.

Comment

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2019/6/12...-flooring.aspx

Comment

Northern is quickly becoming the class of the NSIC across the board. When do the D1 talks start?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                                Northern is quickly becoming the class of the NSIC across the board. When do the D1 talks start?
                                It's funny. With upgrades and hiring of Saul I've seen so much about Northern thinking D1. I just laugh every time. We are a long ways from that. However, I posted my future theory in the "New NSIC" thread if you have any input.
                                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 06-12-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X