Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Frankly, I'm not sure if it matters for seeding, but SNU has played exactly one game all season with a full complement of players. Just incredible what they've been able to accomplish battling through all the injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

What do you mean 2-7? I see 1-8 being very close and can be anyone of those teams to survive the gauntlet. Very tough region.
    True, I think there are a lot of teams that could win 3 games. If you look at the numbers (thanks again, @Inkblot) NW is pretty clearly going to be the #1 seed. 2-7 all have pretty even resumes and are probably locked in to the regional. The #8 spot has been a question mark all season and could be about 3-4 teams, all of which have a worse resume than the top 7. That is how the seeding will work out in my opinion. Any one of these 8 teams could catch lightning in bottle and win the thing. USF would be the weakest team purely based on Cartwright not being 100%. He has carried the lion's share of their offense and it's tough to shoot with a fractured elbow.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

What do you mean 2-7? I see 1-8 being very close and can be anyone of those teams to survive the gauntlet. Very tough region.
    Mmhmm, sure

Leave a comment:

• Thepeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    Yeah, it seems they have done a decent job of avoiding those games in recent years. With 2-7 not having that much of a difference this year they should be able to do it again. The Central Region tournament should have some very high level basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied
    "Hope is a dangerous thing.. Hope can drive a man insane"

Leave a comment:

• Moorhead123
    replied
    Yeah, it seems they have done a decent job of avoiding those games in recent years. With 2-7 not having that much of a difference this year they should be able to do it again. The Central Region tournament should have some very high level basketball.
    Central region will likely be on par with the elite eight type games/teams. I really hope the committee tries to avoid teams from same conferences meeting in round one. Just more fun for all of teams/fans when they play a new team in first round.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Last year they did some manual jostling to avoid first round rematches between UMD and Moorhead as well as Washburn and NWMo. Remember how hard we all laughed at Moorhead being the #6 seed?!?!?! I would expect this year to be no different.

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post

I'd just prefer to avoid NWMO til regional final. Happened in 2019 where SNU was the 5-seed and it was a darn travesty that game was a 2nd round game instead of the regional final.
    2019 was an interesting tournament. NW beat the 8, 5 and 6 seeds in the regional and in the Elite Eight tournament.

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Southern Nazarene will have a very good case to be #2 if they win the GAC. However, I hope they remain at #3 simply to avoid any first round rematches. If we are stuck in regions the least the NCAA can do is to try to avoid 2 teams playing for a fourth time this season in the first round of the tournament.
    I'd just prefer to avoid NWMO til regional final. Happened in 2019 where SNU was the 5-seed and it was a darn travesty that game was a 2nd round game instead of the regional final.

Leave a comment:

• Devin Albertson
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    If the season ended today, I'm pretty confident MSU Moorhead would be #3.
    So, I’m guessing you prediction would be
    1. NW Missouri
    2. Northern State
    3. MSU Moorhead
    4. Southern Nazarene
    5. Central Oklahoma
    6. Minnesota-Duluth
    7. Emporia State
    8. Sioux Falls

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Southern Nazarene will have a very good case to be #2 if they win the GAC. However, I hope they remain at #3 simply to avoid any first round rematches. If we are stuck in regions the least the NCAA can do is to try to avoid 2 teams playing for a fourth time this season in the first round of the tournament.
    Last year they did some manual jostling to avoid first round rematches between UMD and Moorhead as well as Washburn and NWMo. Remember how hard we all laughed at Moorhead being the #6 seed?!?!?! I would expect this year to be no different.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    If the season ended today, I'm pretty confident MSU Moorhead would be #3.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    Regionalization needs to die a torturous, painful death. It's just appalling how ridiculous the whole idea is. I'm biased, but SNU being 9 is a complete joke. Make it a true national tournament and they'd be in contention for a top 4 seed in a region. Instead, you've got 13 of top 23 in Massey ratings in the Central region.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    And the latest update for the Men makes Inkblot look unfortunately prophetic:
    CENTRAL
    Ranking School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 Northwest Mo. St. 25-2 23-2
    2 Northern St. 23-5 23-4
    3 Southern Nazarene 25-3 25-3
    4 Central Okla. 20-4 19-4
    5 MSU Moorhead 23-6 21-6
    6 Minn. Duluth 22-8 21-8
    7 Emporia St. 20-7 20-7
    8 Sioux Falls 18-11 18-11
    9 Bemidji St. 17-10 17-10
    10 Fort Hays St. 17-8 17-8