Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Hats off to the Drury wbb coach who keep on full court pressure the whole game. She knew we needed the practice. Sorry she did not get the 100 she craved.

Comment

How many blowout victories did Kentucky Wesleyan's Men have during their eight championship seasons ?

Comment

Blow outs are fine...much better team usually wins big but being a good sport and showing respect is okay as well.

Comment

Good start for the Coach Cooper era as KWC beats Kentucky State 85-63

Comment

A little better than good :) but they will get so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              UE wouldn't finish in the top 7 of the GLVC. That is a winnable game for you all.
              It could be. The attendance for the Kentucky State game was around 800. That is about as bad as it gets for KWC. The exhibition losses hurt their home attendance for the home opener. That could turn around. People need to remember that their DI competition was pretty good and this team is still very very young. I am reminding myself of that now. An 85-63 win over Kentucky State is a good start. These young guys on this team got threw in the college basketball fire really quick at Xavier and WKU. That game against Bellarmine could be closer than expected. With a good win like the one they had against Kentucky State, the attendance for the Bellarmine game will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                Blow outs are fine...much better team usually wins big but being a good sport and showing respect is okay as well.
                She has four new players to integrate and evaluate. She played everyone on the bench but one. To evaluate you have to play the way you are going to play the entire year. I mean one of her freshman coming off the bench was the leading scorer. It's not like she wouldn't pull her starters. If this game was played later in the year she might of felt it wasn't as important to play her offensive and defensive schemes the entire game.

Comment

What kind of crowd do you expect for the Bellarmine game?
                  Last edited by DJ Knight; 11-11-2018, 03:45 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

Which sections are chair back seats at the sports center?

Comment

Are the GMAC broadcasts free? I found out last night the MIAA charges for theirs.
                      Last edited by crazznewt; 11-11-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Society has changed. I don't see more than 800 on a Wednesday night game at the Sportscenter.

If KWC ever starts winning 20+ games a year they will be lucky to get 1500 on a regular basis.

People don't go to basketball games for entertainment - even baseball attendance is down. People have TV and their phones to keep them entertained without leaving their couch.

KWC students have never gone in large numbers but they are down right non-existent now for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                          Society has changed. I don't see more than 800 on a Wednesday night game at the Sportscenter.

If KWC ever starts winning 20+ games a year they will be lucky to get 1500 on a regular basis.

People don't go to basketball games for entertainment - even baseball attendance is down. People have TV and their phones to keep them entertained without leaving their couch.

KWC students have never gone in large numbers but they are down right non-existent now for the same reasons.
                          Society is distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                            Are the GMAC broadcasts free? I found out last night the MIAA charges for theirs.
                            Yes they are free...go to kwcpanthers.com and at bottom of page it will have events which will provide link to stats and video.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Knight View Post
                              Which sections are chair back seats at the sports center?
                              A, B, C, and D are floor chair backs. Double Letters (MM, NN, etc) are upper chair backs, single letter (M, N, etc) are bleachers.

Comment

I was again encouraged by the game Saturday. while attendance was a bit low, I was still happy to see people in the SC excited for basketball again. I focus on the team during the games, as I sit close enough to them to observe and hear conversations. What I saw was guys celebrating each other, talking with the coaches, and working as a unit. I never saw a player complain over minutes, or sit on the bench while everyone else was in the huddle. I saw guys excited over teammates scoring. What it appears like to me is that this team has bought into each other, which can't really have a value placed on it. They played better as a team in their first game than the team last year ever did. What they may lack in step against some teams, they make up for in that.

Also, I like the two guard combo with Tarik and Bell. I don't think that most teams have 2 guys fast enough to guard them both tightly. That puts 2 floor captains playing with one having at least a step on the defense. That's a match-up I like. And while we lack in size, I was very impressed with Bezold's ability to bang in the post with KY State's big guys. I never saw him back down and he actually denied a few passes on a guy who had 4-5 inches and at least 50 lbs on him.

I'm hoping for a good game Wednesday. While I think we all know Bellarmine has a better team, I want to see the boys compete and at least keep it close.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X