X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
    D2 operates on 4.37% of the NCAA revenue that includes March Madness, plus maybe one other source (but not any newer sources of revenue since the new constitution). D3 gets a bit smaller percentage.

So unless the March Madness revenue goes up, the income side of the budget is set for D2.

As D2 rewrites its bylaws, you may see some of the functions now handled in Indianapolis by the NCAA farmed out to the individual conferences to save some of that money for enhancing championships or maybe money back to the conferences to help defray those increased expenses.

The pot is limited - and there is no simple way of growing it.
    Do D2 schools have to cover 4.37% of ncaa salaries and operating budgets out of that, or can it all be used toward championship costs?

Leave a comment:

• RedFromMI
    replied
    D2 operates on 4.37% of the NCAA revenue that includes March Madness, plus maybe one other source (but not any newer sources of revenue since the new constitution). D3 gets a bit smaller percentage.

So unless the March Madness revenue goes up, the income side of the budget is set for D2.

As D2 rewrites its bylaws, you may see some of the functions now handled in Indianapolis by the NCAA farmed out to the individual conferences to save some of that money for enhancing championships or maybe money back to the conferences to help defray those increased expenses.

The pot is limited - and there is no simple way of growing it.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied
    Double elimination 165 team bracket.

Obviously sarcasm

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I also wish I lived in a dream land where not for profit was taken literally, but it never has been for most nfps.

That said, I think the d2 playoffs are more about keeping D2 out of the pockets of the D1 schools who actually generate all the money.

I imagine they will eventually do away with lower divisions altogether, or start a sister company.
    D2 is the tax write off!

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Honestly. If it was a business, they would likely welcome a loss from D2 to help at tax time.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    We really need to stop giving the NCAA the "its a business" pass. Its not a business, it is a non-profit. Which means their funds should be spent providing services and opportunities for member institutions, and the profit earned should be nearly entirely vested to their services (rainy day funds and safety nets not withstanding). No one complains that the post office loses money providing delivery services to the places private companies won't deliver to. I think they should be efficiently spent, and that means different things to different people. It certainly doesn't mean minimizing cost no matter what. Which is what I think the NCAA is trying to do. When a simple change in priorities to the products available would likely improve/grow the product.
    I also wish I lived in a dream land where not for profit was taken literally, but it never has been for most nfps.

That said, I think the d2 playoffs are more about keeping D2 out of the pockets of the D1 schools who actually generate all the money.

I imagine they will eventually do away with lower divisions altogether, or start a sister company.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    We really need to stop giving the NCAA the "its a business" pass. Its not a business, it is a non-profit. Which means their funds should be spent providing services and opportunities for member institutions, and the profit earned should be nearly entirely vested to their services (rainy day funds and safety nets not withstanding). No one complains that the post office loses money providing delivery services to the places private companies won't deliver to. I think they should be efficiently spent, and that means different things to different people. It certainly doesn't mean minimizing cost no matter what. Which is what I think the NCAA is trying to do. When a simple change in priorities to the products available would likely improve/grow the product.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ashland left the GLIAC to flee to your region because they couldn't find any kind of playoff success in SR3/4, and knew their odds would be better in SR1 lol. Same with Hillsdale. And Findlay. And Northwood. And Lake Erie. And Notre Dame. lol

If you want to debate 80's and 90's records, prior to regionalization, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Your region today, and every school in it, sucks. You already admitted as much earlier when you tried to argue that being good in your region is all that matters. It's almost like, prior to regionalization, more teams were good. Wow what a concept.
    Well they won the GLIAC in 2017. So I guess the GLIAC sucked in 2017. IUP beat them so that means IUP was better then every suck ass team in the GLIAC in 2017.

:-)

Last edited by IUPNation; 01-03-2023, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Go ahead…IUP’s record is ****ing outstanding. Do the whole current GLIAC too.

I’ll give you the first one..IUP is 6-1 all time vs GV. It took 7 tries until youse finally got it right. Frank Cignetti was Brian Kelly’s daddy for a long time.

IUP beat Ashland in 2017. Ashland won the GLIAC that year. Then beat them again in 2018…was the third place team in the GLIAC. Hmmm..tell me again about middle teams of Flyover conferences dominating PEeSack playoff teams? We didn’t even make the playoffs in 2018 but still was able to beat a GLIAC team.
    Ashland left the GLIAC to flee to your region because they couldn't find any kind of playoff success in SR3/4, and knew their odds would be better in SR1 lol. Same with Hillsdale. And Findlay. And Northwood. And Lake Erie. And Notre Dame. lol

If you want to debate 80's and 90's records, prior to regionalization, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Your region today, and every school in it, sucks. You already admitted as much earlier when you tried to argue that being good in your region is all that matters. It's almost like, prior to regionalization, more teams were good. Wow what a concept.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 01-03-2023, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

But they were at the time so whatever point you are trying to make is silly.

Slimey had zero problems with Wayne State. I thought you said the bad teams in Flyover country conferences could beat the top teams in the Pee Sack. Obviously that is not the case. The GLIAC is two elite teams, a decent Saggy Boob program and 4 warm bodies.
    lol no, it's not silly, because the discussion is about the current layout and the competitiveness of each region. Teams not currently in SR1 vs teams currently in SR1.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

I find that surprising because I was pretty sure PA was the worst in cost.

IUP did lower their tuition but it still costs too much.
    Penn state and U of Pitt are considerably higher, but IUP is pretty cheap. PA is a long way from being the highest priced state, though.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW costs about a grand more per year. Pitt is about 3500 cheaper. Both states have terrible, education hating governments. I have no idea what percent of operating costs each gets from the state, though.

I probably should, as I pay taxes in both states.
    I find that surprising because I was pretty sure PA was the worst in cost.

IUP did lower their tuition but it still costs too much.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP vs GLIAC Teams

2-0 vs Ashland (before they bolted)
    5-1 vs Ferris Bueller State
    2-1 vs Findlay (before they bolted)
    6-1 vs Grand Valley
    1-3 vs Hillsdale Fake Christian College(last played in 83)
    8-2 vs Northwood Auto Dealers Association
    1-1 vs Saggy Boob Valley

So 25-9 vs GLIAC teams in the past.

Thank you and Good Night!

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    One of the PSAC's wins over Wayne State came in a season where WSU was second in the GLIAC behind Ferris.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I guess it's a good thing I mentioned three different times in the post that these were games the PSAC played *against schools not currently in SR1*.

If you'd like, I can go ahead and go through and count all the games the PSAC played against a bunch of current GMAC teams while they were in the GLIAC, but I don't think you'd like those results, so I threw you a bone.
    Go ahead…IUP’s record is ****ing outstanding. Do the whole current GLIAC too.

I’ll give you the first one..IUP is 6-1 all time vs GV. It took 7 tries until youse finally got it right. Frank Cignetti was Brian Kelly’s daddy for a long time.

IUP beat Ashland in 2017. Ashland won the GLIAC that year. Then beat them again in 2018…was the third place team in the GLIAC. Hmmm..tell me again about middle teams of Flyover conferences dominating PEeSack playoff teams? We didn’t even make the playoffs in 2018 but still was able to beat a GLIAC team.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X