Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

So what I said was true - it's at least 45k, so it's a real D1 stadium. 45k should be the minimum allowed by the NCAA for D1.

If a program is only drawing 10-20k - yeesh. Kick 'em down a division or several. They're about as relevant as SMSU lol.

We're getting way off topic here - I'mma stop with the D1 talk.
    In that example, yes.

Aloha Stadium holds 50k and is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

In that example, yes.

Probably why they abandoned it.

Still would rather see them play at Aloha against a school that I've heard of than watch whatever heap of a conference some want MSU to join. Or Mercyhurst for that matter.

Comment

In that example, yes.

They're planning to destroy Aloha Stadium in 2025 and build a new one holding 35K. The area around the stadium will also include entertainment venues, retail stores, restaurants, housing, hotels, recreational sites, cultural amenities, and a green space. It will be constructed on the site of the current Aloha Stadium.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I can't tell from this angle if the cheerleaders are mid-major or not.

Comment

Probably why they abandoned it.

Still would rather see them play at Aloha against a school that I've heard of than watch whatever heap of a conference some want MSU to join. Or Mercyhurst for that matter.
            I don’t disagree…although I’d rather watch MSU play than Hawaii no matter (except the fact it means one would be IN Hawaii). MSU is where they belong. Until the massive shift.

Comment

I don’t disagree…although I’d rather watch MSU play than Hawaii no matter (except the fact it means one would be IN Hawaii). MSU is where they belong. Until the massive shift.
              I want to check that place out someday (state and school). Their makeshift field looks interesting too.

I just think it's ridiculous that schools like Mercyhurst are allowed to be D1. But I've ranted enough about that for one lifetime.

Comment

So what I said was true - it's at least 45k, so it's a real D1 stadium. 45k should be the minimum allowed by the NCAA for D1.

If a program is only drawing 10-20k - yeesh. Kick 'em down a division or several. They're about as relevant as SMSU lol.

We're getting way off topic here - I'mma stop with the D1 talk.
                This is just silly. If you're rooting for the Super League breakaway, just say that. But these are completely unrealistic standards for D1 at large.

Comment

• I may wrong here but if I recall coprrectly. Iread the min stadium size for FBS is 30,000 seats,
                  where as FCS is no minimum. Mercyhurst FB stadium capacity is 2300 maybe 1700 seats.
                  There biggist draw is cross town rival Gannon.

Comment

I mean, seems like a D1 floor at least :)
                    Pretty nice looking facility. For D2. Definitely not D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Dang, I was hoping they'd pick up Christopher Newport. Is Ferrum any good?
                      Is Ferrum any relation to Ferris?

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
                        It's not college, but it's a move worth mentioning IMHO. The Oakland A's are moving to Sacramento for the next three seasons, before they relocate to Las Vegas. They'll share Sutter Health Park (home of the Pacific Coast League River Cats). *But the A's won't recognize their new home on their uniforms, publicity, etc. They'll just be called the Athletics and A's. - info. c/o Mick Akers of the Las Vegas Review Journal.

If I lived in the Sacramento area I'd consider that a slight and wouldn't $upport them. After all, they'll be there for three years not just a three game series.
                        In a perfect world, the idiot who owns the A's should just sell the team to Vegas- or Utah-based owners, let the A's move to Salt Lake with a complete rebranding, essentially making the A's franchise dormant and the Salt Lake team becoming what amounts to an expansion franchise. (similar to the Baltimore Ravens essentially becoming an expansion franchise despite the team technically relocating from Cleveland).

Of course, this isn't a perfect world and the (Sacramento) A's might as well be one of those barnstorming teams from the "MLB Partner Leagues" (read: semi-pro/beer league level leagues) like the Atlantic League or the Frontier League.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

They're planning to destroy Aloha Stadium in 2025 and build a new one holding 35K. The area around the stadium will also include entertainment venues, retail stores, restaurants, housing, hotels, recreational sites, cultural amenities, and a green space. It will be constructed on the site of the current Aloha Stadium.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Minnesota-Duluth has a better chance of joining the Summit League than the Aloha Stadium complex has of being completed by 2030 (and even that seems like an impossible task at this rate). The planning and political maneuvering has been such a disorganized mess, the planners of the California High Speed Rail scheme is laughing at them.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

This is just silly. If you're rooting for the Super League breakaway, just say that. But these are completely unrealistic standards for D1 at large.
                            It's silly to want standards for the top division of competition? Huh?

I am very pro SuperLeague. I'd love to finally be able to watch a basketball tournament that has the best teams, and I don't have to sit and google 20 schools who got in on a technicality. It's asinine.

Good luck to Mercyhurst. They weren't going to win anything of note in D2 anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                              I may wrong here but if I recall coprrectly. Iread the min stadium size for FBS is 30,000 seats,
                              where as FCS is no minimum. Mercyhurst FB stadium capacity is 2300 maybe 1700 seats.
                              There biggist draw is cross town rival Gannon.
                              I'd have to look but I think that's attendance and not stadium capacity, though they would go hand-in-hand.

I think the rule is a team has to maintain 30,000 fans (or whatever the level is) on a rolling 2 year period - like two out of every three years or something.

The NCAA does not enforce this rule though.I think Charlotte is the most egregious offender.

30,000 is a good number. I live in a town of 20,000 that also consistently drew 20,000 at their home games (FCS) last year - so asking FBS schools to do something similar is okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Is Ferrum any relation to Ferris?
                                Ferrum is a private college in Virginia (D3).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X