Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

At least the NE-10 finally gets a break this time
    Not so fast…as long as the NE10 exists the NEC will be trying to poach their teams.

(And no, I don’t know any rumors at this time.)

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
      That's funny. You and I disagree on the details, but we agree that the big 4 need to break off.
      I enjoyed the tourney, just as much as i always have.
      Mankato is as D1 ready as any of these other schools that are leaving/in transition.
      Well - I think we agree on one detail for different reasons.

NCAA Division I should have been for the best-of-the-best. It should have been an exclusive club for the biggest, most competitive, most well-funded, and most prestigious universities to create the pinnacle of collegiate competition. For whatever reason, the NCAA decided that it needed to let in the NDSU's and Western Illinois' of the world. I would be absolutely embarrassed to be an Alabama or a Michigan and to compete in the same division as a bunch of nobodies.

Once the P4 splits, the NCAA division structure will become irrelevant and I won't be burdened with having to sit through another top division basketball tournament filled with a bunch of commuter schools that only got in on a technicality and not due to talent. It's why I love the transfer portal - it gives much more power to the big schools, as it should be in D1.

I love MSU dearly, but a school that doesn't have any D1 facilities (and the Taylor Center is not a D1 facility), not enough money, and can't even process a $10 credit card transaction is not D1 ready. Sorry. If the Mavs could join the FBS, I'd sign a different tune I guess, but the U of M squashed that long ago when the playing field between the two was much more even.

On the brightside - letting Mercyhurst into a D1 conference now means Crookston and St. Cloud are eligible to be D1. Let's get them out of our conference. They'd be a great fit for the Summit League methinks.

Comment

• Anyway - we're getting way off topic here. No news was posted about Northland today.

I did see that Great Basin College in Nevada is shutting down one of their physical locations, but upon further research they never had sports - though it was proposed in 2019.

Comment

• Delaware is joining the Summit!

In men's soccer. Delaware set to join Summit League for Men’s Soccer in 2025 - The Summit League

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
            Baffling move to me. You're telling me a school on the soccer-saturated Atlantic Coast had to go halfway across the country to the Great Plains for soccer membership?

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Baffling move to me. You're telling me a school on the soccer-saturated Atlantic Coast had to go halfway across the country to the Great Plains for soccer membership?
              I taught geography. None of the people making these conferences today ever took my class.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Just saw on the X/Twitter that Mercyhurst is making the transition to D1.

EDIT: And here's an article. Mercyhurst University sports make big jump to NCAA Division I, NEC (goerie.com)
                The Pee Sack will most likely poach Frostburg State from the MEC. They are a better fit geographically in the Pee Sack West than they are in the MEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Pee Sack will most likely poach Frostburg State from the MEC. They are a better fit geographically in the Pee Sack West than they are in the MEC.
                  Oh cool. I've heard of them before.

Comment

• I didn't realize the Summit even had men's soccer lol.

Good for the Summit. It's nice they have an affiliation with a school someone's actually heard of for once.

Comment

• It's not college, but it's a move worth mentioning IMHO. The Oakland A's are moving to Sacramento for the next three seasons, before they relocate to Las Vegas. They'll share Sutter Health Park (home of the Pacific Coast League River Cats). *But the A's won't recognize their new home on their uniforms, publicity, etc. They'll just be called the Athletics and A's. - info. c/o Mick Akers of the Las Vegas Review Journal.

If I lived in the Sacramento area I'd consider that a slight and wouldn't $upport them. After all, they'll be there for three years not just a three game series.
                      Last edited by crixus; 04-04-2024, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I taught geography. None of the people making these conferences today ever took my class.
                        I love geography and wish I could have taken your class.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

I love geography and wish I could have taken your class.
                          LOL. For my college class, one student did his term paper on how he would reorganize college conferences about 20 years ago. He and I sat down and I made him defend his position. He is now an athlete director and I remind him of what a mess things have become- his made much more sense!

Comment

• This screams D1. The gym is bigger than the Brick House that I played in at Buffalo Lake HS, but we drew more people than this.

Comment

This screams D1. The gym is bigger than the Brick House that I played in at Buffalo Lake HS, but we drew more people than this.
                              I mean, seems like a D1 floor at least :)

Comment

• the only time they draw well is when they play cross town rival Gannon University
                                According to their facilities page their gym seats 1100.
                                I was at the last game GU visited MHurst they per their box score said att was 2205,
                                must be written by some Freshman who never saw a high school crowd bigger than 72.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X