Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

BigIndians,

Is it actually more people coming to the game or they are doing a more accurate count of fans attending? Either way, this is REAL great to see!
    I've been to every home game. By and large they are getting more people.

As I said the New Haven game was a way light count. That said, last week was a WAY high announced gate. There was nowhere near 4,000 there. The weather stunk which didn't help. It was mildly 'ok' in the first half and then a ghost town in the second half. They gave out about 2,000 tickets to Indiana School District. It's highly likely they counted those toward the announced 3,850.

The two in between did well. A couple games I'd guess they still had 1,000 who just stayed in the parking lot during the game.

By comparison, it's better than last year. One big difference is they've cut off all the freebie gates. They are still open but they have ticket takers working them. They also locked the backdoor under the home bleachers.

Making progress ...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I've been to every home game. By and large they are getting more people.

As I said the New Haven game was a way light count. That said, last week was a WAY high announced gate. There was nowhere near 4,000 there. The weather stunk which didn't help. It was mildly 'ok' in the first half and then a ghost town in the second half. They gave out about 2,000 tickets to Indiana School District. It's highly likely they counted those toward the announced 3,850.

The two in between did well. A couple games I'd guess they still had 1,000 who just stayed in the parking lot during the game.

By comparison, it's better than last year. One big difference is they've cut off all the freebie gates. They are still open but they have ticket takers working them. They also locked the backdoor under the home bleachers.

Making progress ...
      Very good to hear of the progress!

Comment

• The weather looks perfect for IUP's trip to Greensburg Salem on Saturday -- 50 and sunny.

It is actually a nice venue for watching a game -- no track, etc. It's also nice being the 'road' team and having 90 percent of the crowd.

No official word on the SH QB. He's likely 'doubtful' for this game from what I hear.

SH's OL is very young. IUP's pass rushers should have a field day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

BigIndians,

Is it actually more people coming to the game or they are doing a more accurate count of fans attending? Either way, this is REAL great to see!
          They were undercounting in past years.

Comment

• Per a SH release ... Free Admission to all fans attending the IUP at Seton Hill game this Saturday.

Comment

Per a SH release ... Free Admission to all fans attending the IUP at Seton Hill game this Saturday.
              Sweet. I expect a big IUP fan presence, yes indeed great place to watch a game no track and hardly no sideline...can hear the pads popping that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Sweet. I expect a big IUP fan presence, yes indeed great place to watch a game no track and hardly no sideline...can hear the pads popping that's for sure.
                Yeah ... it's actually nicer than most stadiums in the league. It just gets flack for being a high school stadium.

Comment

• The Greensburg stadium might be the most dangerous in the PSAC.
                  The visitors sideline MIGHT have ten feet from the sideline to a fence behind it.
                  Anyone going off the field for a pass or being knocked hard out of bounds has a real chance of being seriously injured.
                  Being on the sidelines of a game there requires being alert on every play or risk being injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    Time for the weekly $tockett report------FIVE TD day for $tockett with three in the air and two on the ground as he leads Urbana to a 5-2 record with a win over WV State.

I guess Urbana has him sleeping nights in a local bank vault. That's because he's money!

-
                    You missed a couple of weeks of the BIG MONEY $tockett update. $tockett and the rest of the #7 ranked Urbana football team beat WLU last night to extend their current winning streak to four games. $tockett pitched two TD's last night against no ints and rumbled for 71 additional rushing yards. Next up for $tockett and the Urbana Blue Knights is a November 7 tilt with Fairmont at Urbana.

Could we be setting up for a return of $tockett to IUP for a playoff game??????

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

You missed a couple of weeks of the BIG MONEY $tockett update. $tockett and the rest of the #7 ranked Urbana football team beat WLU last night to extend their current winning streak to four games. $tockett pitched two TD's last night against no ints and rumbled for 71 additional rushing yards. Next up for $tockett and the Urbana Blue Knights is a November 7 tilt with Fairmont at Urbana.

I sure hope so.

He i$ money, though.

Comment

I sure hope so.

He i$ money, though.
                        Hahahaha!!! You're showing your board age!!! Do you recall who it was that always referred to Stockett as $tockett in his posts?

Sooooo very many characters have come and gone through this message board over the years!

Comment

Hahahaha!!! You're showing your board age!!! Do you recall who it was that always referred to Stockett as $tockett in his posts?

Sooooo very many characters have come and gone through this message board over the years!

IUP CRIMSON HAWKS led the $tockett campaign several years ago. That (months-long) QB controversy was one of the most heated debates ever on here.

Wow .. it feels like he's been in college forever.

Comment

IUP CRIMSON HAWKS led the $tockett campaign several years ago. That (months-long) QB controversy was one of the most heated debates ever on here.

Wow .. it feels like he's been in college forever.
                            He has! When I saw the last name, I thought surely he was at best the younger brother. But no, it was indeed the one and only Eddie $tockett! I think he must be 30 by now!!

Comment

• That's what I was thinking! It seems like for about 5 or 6 years the $tockett is money reference would show up from time to time. then to find out he was still playing and at Urb it sounded like when Amedro played for about 7 years for WL!!

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X