Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Sparty is an interesting job. It's obviously in a big-time conference. The paycheck will be very nice. However, you'll always be second-fiddle even in your own state. Winters in East Lansing are just lovely.

The current HCs seemingly showing up on every related thread seem to beleive MSU will target: Mike Elko (Duke), Lance Leipold (Kansas), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt), Mark Stoops (Kentucky), Dave Doeren (NC State) or P.J. Fleck (Minnesota).

I don't know if Fleck would make that move. Same with Stoops. The ACC guys would all be taking a step up.

I actually wonder, going forward, if the ACC will become the new MAC in regard to being the place the 'big' teams go to poach coaches. Forver, the Craddle of Coaches (MAC) was the de facto developmental league for HCs.
    How do you even figure that?

Comment

Sparty is an interesting job. It's obviously in a big-time conference. The paycheck will be very nice. However, you'll always be second-fiddle even in your own state. Winters in East Lansing are just lovely.

The current HCs seemingly showing up on every related thread seem to beleive MSU will target: Mike Elko (Duke), Lance Leipold (Kansas), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt), Mark Stoops (Kentucky), Dave Doeren (NC State) or P.J. Fleck (Minnesota).

I don't know if Fleck would make that move. Same with Stoops. The ACC guys would all be taking a step up.

I actually wonder, going forward, if the ACC will become the new MAC in regard to being the place the 'big' teams go to poach coaches. Forver, the Craddle of Coaches (MAC) was the de facto developmental league for HCs.
      I’ve been on the MSU campus several times as we have a working relationship with the university. It’s a beautiful campus with the stadium right in the middle. The winters aren’t great, but they’re really not much different than what we have in western PA. I would think it’s a highly attractive job for the guys on your list. It would be a step up for all of them. I would be most interested in Elko. I’ve been impressed with what he’s accomplished at Duke.

For Narduzzi, I would think it’s attractive to him as he’d have a packed stadium that students can walk to and some great resources in a better conference. Of course, the path to winning the conference is harder. Three of the top seven ranked teams in the country in the East Division alone. I really wish Pitt wouldn’t have moved off campus. I think that has hurt more than people realize.

Comment

• Keefe D arrested today for Tupac murder ... 27 years later.

Comment

• Regarding East Lansing and everyone pushing Narduzzi out the door…

Report as of last night is that SD4L, which was created as the official NIL brand for Michigan State and was created and funded almost exclusively by mega booster Steve St. Andre just yanked the rug out from the football program. They just canceled all NIL deals with football players immediately. That’s an extremely toxic situation up there that may run pretty deep. You can likely expect a mass exodus of players via the portal considering they will no longer be getting their NIL money. That could take multiple years to stabilize and simply make competitive again. It will likely scare off many of the bigger names who could have been a candidate there.

Long story short, I bet they offer Narduzzi 9.5 a year and he takes the job because they can’t get anyone else.

And here’s the deal… For people who think that dude is a bad coach…

He’s been at Pitt for 8 years and 3 of 8 years have had good to great offenses (and yeah QB and coordinators helped with that - but that helps with that everywhere!). 5 of those years he’s had great defenses, 4 for those years being elite and one of the best units in the country. He’s shown he can do it, but he ebbs and flows. Now he is ebbing after some significant roster turnover, and people don’t like the press conferences when he’s ebbing. I would like him to prioritize fixing the offensive side of the ball through all the means available to him this offseason, instead of trying to find a new head coach. I personally want him to stay as it is easier to tinker with 1 side of the ball to make improvements then it is to replace an entire staff/culture. But you all do you. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

• Deion told his team all week that “nobody comes into your house and whoops you.” He was right. Because what USC is doing needs a stronger adjective.

Am I doing this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
              Deion told his team all week that “nobody comes into your house and whoops you.” He was right. Because what USC is doing needs a stronger adjective.

Am I doing this right?
              Sodomizing?

Comment

• Buffs made a game of it. I turned it off when it was 35-7. Perhaps Lincoln Reily did too.

Comment

Buffs made a game of it. I turned it off when it was 35-7. Perhaps Lincoln Reily did too.
                  Looks like the USC defense is still shaky. I think Oregon or Washington probably beat them out in the Pac12. Looks as if Oregon State rained on Utah's parade today.

Comment

• Lord, Matt Rhule has a lot of work to do at Nebraska. The Wolverines are absolutely putting a hammering on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Looks like the USC defense is still shaky. I think Oregon or Washington probably beat them out in the Pac12. Looks as if Oregon State rained on Utah's parade today.
                      Oregon is pretty damn good, and they just obliterated CU in every facet. USC let up some and has some defensive issues. I agree with your assessment. They have warts for sure.

Comment

• Not sure if Pitt or IUP is harder to watch.

Comment

Not sure if Pitt or IUP is harder to watch.
                          Pitt. They are one of the worst 5 teams in P5 football this year. They’re that bad.

Comment

Pitt. They are one of the worst 5 teams in P5 football this year. They’re that bad.
                            They are making that OL-looking-like dude playing backup QB for Tech look like a stud.

Comment

They are making that OL-looking-like dude playing backup QB for Tech look like a stud.
                              Any QB on the opposition will look like a stud when the QB Pitt is rolling out hasn’t completed more than 4 passes in a half all year.

Comment

• Notre Dame

That's all

Wow

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X