Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Colorado blew a 29-0 lead and lost 46-43 to Stanford in 2OT.

Between then and WVU ... heck of a start to weekend.
    Never expected to wake up to that. The Buffs couldn’t do much wrong in the first half. Coach Prime will be a significant underdog in all but one of their remaining games and Arizona is certainly no pushover.

Comment

• The yearly Pitt upset of a Top 10 team has arrived

Comment

• The U getting pounded in Chapel Hill

Comment

• JoePa at Columbus

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            JoePa at Columbus
            There’s no team in FBS that I like less than Ohio State! I’m not sure there’s even a close second. That wasn’t the case until I lived in Columbus for six years and had to live around it. As IUP24 can attest, it’s gross! However, this is the game that Franklin loses annually. I will say this time around the talent level from 1-85 is even or may even tilt Penn State, but my guess is they lose a close game today in Columbus and a close game later vs Michigan and end up in a New Year’s Day bowl game and not the playoffs. I’m not exactly going out on a limb with that prediction because that’s been the script.

IF Penn State finds some way to pull it off, they’d be in great position for the playoffs even if they were to lose a close game to Michigan later. That’s a VERY big if though. I would take Penn State and the 4 1/2 points, but expect Ohio Sate to win by a field goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

There’s no team in FBS that I like less than Ohio State! I’m not sure there’s even a close second. That wasn’t the case until I lived in Columbus for six years and had to live around it. As IUP24 can attest, it’s gross! However, this is the game that Franklin loses annually. I will say this time around the talent level from 1-85 is even or may even tilt Penn State, but my guess is they lose a close game today in Columbus and a close game later vs Michigan and end up in a New Year’s Day bowl game and not the playoffs. I’m not exactly going out on a limb with that prediction because that’s been the script.

IF Penn State finds some way to pull it off, they’d be in great position for the playoffs even if they were to lose a close game to Michigan later. That’s a VERY big if though. I would take Penn State and the 4 1/2 points, but expect Ohio Sate to win by a field goal.
              JoePa has played a schedule on par with D2 lol. We'll see what they have today.

Comment

• You know, I have this theory that PSU has a phobia about playing in Columbus. And it's been that way since the Adam Taliaferro game.

They look upon Ohio Stadium as a dark, foreboding place.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  You know, I have this theory that PSU has a phobia about playing in Columbus. And it's been that way since the Adam Taliaferro game.

It doesn’t look like a fun place to watch a game.

James Franklin has now lost 7 in a row to The Overrated State University.

Comment

• At the "other" level of D1, Lafayette posted a big win at Holy Cross and is now in the driver's seat for the 2023 Patriot League title.

As for State Penn, I haven't cared about them for over 25 years now, but I will say it is hard to do well when you are an interloper in your own conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                      At the "other" level of D1, Lafayette posted a big win at Holy Cross and is now in the driver's seat for the 2023 Patriot League title.

As for State Penn, I haven't cared about them for over 25 years now, but I will say it is hard to do well when you are an interloper in your own conference.
                      The BIG is no longer a Midwestern conference.

Comment

• Tell that to the core teams in the conference who have run things since its inception.

On a related note, show me a highly successful DI-A/FBS program located outside its conference's core, historical geographic footprint that has been highly successful, maintaining or exceeding its pre-conference membership, modern era level of success.

Comment

At the "other" level of D1, Lafayette posted a big win at Holy Cross and is now in the driver's seat for the 2023 Patriot League title.

Basically, they've had to beat Ohio State and Michigan to win in the B1G, and with the school's size, fan base, resources, and recruiting footprint that shouldn't be an unreachable goal. And it might be that Penn State is seen as an interloper because many of their fans constantly tell people that's what they are.

Comment

Tell that to the core teams in the conference who have run things since its inception.

On a related note, show me a highly successful DI-A/FBS program located outside its conference's core, historical geographic footprint that has been highly successful, maintaining or exceeding its pre-conference membership, modern era level of success.
                            Bit of a fallacy question since until this latest conference expansion, there hasn't been much expansion beyond geographic border states. Penn State borders Ohio. Maryland and New Jersey (Rutgers) border Pennsylvania. Yeah, Penn State isn't anywhere near Minnesota but the Big Ten hasn't described themselves as geographic for 50 years.

Comment

Tell that to the core teams in the conference who have run things since its inception.

The BiG voted to expand. They are now a coast to coast conference. Their weakest links are now in the Midwest or really the Mideast as Ohio and Meatchicken are that far west.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                You know, I have this theory that PSU has a phobia about playing in Columbus. And it's been that way since the Adam Taliaferro game.

I've been to a couple of games there, and it isn't a fun place for a visiting team. Not only are there not many tickets available for visiting fans, but when I went they divided the small contingent of visitors into two sections at opposite ends of the stadium to dilute the sound they could make.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X