Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there more of a 'dead man walking' in college football than Scott Frost?

Comment

• Little extra fuel to the fire ... Pitt QB Kledon Slovis walks center stage and says in to the mic at the pep rally last night "I got one more thing to say ... F*ck West Virginia"

The video is on every news site around.

Easy to talk at a pep rally. He better back it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Is there more of a 'dead man walking' in college football than Scott Frost?
        His poor coaching made me a lot of money last weekend.

Comment

Little extra fuel to the fire ... Pitt QB Kledon Slovis walks center stage and says in to the mic at the pep rally last night "I got one more thing to say ... F*ck West Virginia"

The video is on every news site around.

Easy to talk at a pep rally. He better back it up.
          Amazing. That's one of my favorite Duz characteristics, he allows the program to lean into the drama of the moment. That's the kind of swagger, if backed up with results on the field, brings in new fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Amazing. That's one of my favorite Duz characteristics, he allows the program to lean into the drama of the moment. That's the kind of swagger, if backed up with results on the field, brings in new fans.
            I bit the bullet last week and got tickets. Couldn't pass it up.

Watching these two fanbases interact is usually more exciting than the game.

Comment

I bit the bullet last week and got tickets. Couldn't pass it up.

Watching these two fanbases interact is usually more exciting than the game.
              Good for you. Should be fun. I fully expect Pitt to find a way to blow it, however. Kenny Pickett was special and the new kid coming in isn’t getting to start his career against Youngstown State. I doubt WVU is the better team, but I think for one night they will be. To your earlier post, this is an opportunity for Pitt to make a statement on a big stage. If they don’t take advantage of that, it could be a long year. They should have a ton of confidence after last season so hopefully they can carry it through. I just think people are going to see the type of difference making player Pickett was for Pitt last year.

By the way, I hate rivalry games right out of the gate. This was so much better when it was played as the last game of the year. Another reason to be frustrated about what’s become of DI college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Good for you. Should be fun. I fully expect Pitt to find a way to blow it, however. Kenny Pickett was special and the new kid coming in isn’t getting to start his career against Youngstown State. I doubt WVU is the better team, but I think for one night they will be. To your earlier post, this is an opportunity for Pitt to make a statement on a big stage. If they don’t take advantage of that, it could be a long year. They should have a ton of confidence after last season so hopefully they can carry it through. I just think people are going to see the type of difference making player Pickett was for Pitt last year.

By the way, I hate rivalry games right out of the gate. This was so much better when it was played as the last game of the year. Another reason to be frustrated about what’s become of DI college football.
                Well, true, I suppose. But, Slovis isn't a true freshman. He played a lot of games at USC.

WVU's QB (also a USC -- and Georgia) transfer is kind of in the same boat.

So, I don't know that either team really has a big advantage at QB. They are both pretty good.

I don't think the whole "F*ck West Virginia" thing from Slovis was random. That was planned. There's that fine line in these types of heated games ... if you go too far over the edge it will screw you up. Narduzzi loves to play these head games.

Pitt's defense is very, very strong. There's a lot of NFL dudes on that side. In particular, they are stacked and deep on the DL. That's the difference tonight in my opinion. Likely a close game, but if either side can 'run it up' ... they will run it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think I remember it frequently being played Thanksgiving weekend back in the 90s. I would much rather see a rivalry game (or some other intriguing non-conference game) any week than an FCS mercenary game. Unless of course its ND State beating a P5 team again haha.

Comment

I think I remember it frequently being played Thanksgiving weekend back in the 90s. I would much rather see a rivalry game (or some other intriguing non-conference game) any week than an FCS mercenary game. Unless of course its ND State beating a P5 team again haha.
                    Correct. It was always late in the year. Of course, they were in the same conference back then. Now it is a non-conference game. So, the slots are limited.

Great for the fans on opening night but I'm sure coaches hate a big game right out of the shoot. No preseason games in college. First games in college are always sloppy.

Comment

Pitt and Joe Pa both play tomorrow and for the first time in forever nobody in the Yinzerland media is talking about PSU.

Pitt best not F up its day in the sun.
                      Purdue doesn’t usually generate much excitement and it’s a road game for The Nits.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Purdue doesn’t usually generate much excitement and it’s a road game for The Nits.
                        James Franklin taking a p!ss usually gets front page coverage in the Yinzerlands.

Comment

When I see North Dakota State and James Madison playing these days, it blows my mind that Shippensburg was competitive with both in the early '80s.

Comment

• AJ Simon (Bloom) and Quinn Zinobile (Clarion) both listed #1 on Albany Depth Chart vs Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

When I see North Dakota State and James Madison playing these days, it blows my mind that Shippensburg was competitive with both in the early '80s.
                              Edinboro is 0-1 against North Dakota State, a 45-32 loss in the 1989 playoffs. Historically, Edinboro is 6-7 all-time versus teams that are now FBS and 7-9 all-time versus teams that are now FCS. 35-41-3 against schools now D3.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSAC Fan View Post
                                AJ Simon (Bloom) and Quinn Zinobile (Clarion) both listed #1 on Albany Depth Chart vs Baylor.
                                Zinobile is a beast. He was just stuck in D2 Siberia.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X