• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The AD, president, and trustees did!
    Hammer Down Todd Graham resigned.

Comment

• Looks like Deion at Jackson State has a shelf life of probably one more year.

Comment

Looks like Deion at Jackson State has a shelf life of probably one more year.
        You can't fire a guy that just had two toes amputated, can you?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You can't fire a guy that just had two toes amputated, can you?
          I think just like classic Deion eventually his mouth and ego will catch up to him. He is currently in hot water over publicly trashing his conference's contractual bowl game. As a state employee, I imagine that also increases his margin for error somehow.

Comment

• Pitt extends Narduzzi through like 2099. I imagine Pitt will lose to either Western Michigan or Rhode Island and people will be calling for his job again.

Comment

• Notre Dame breaks its practice of avoiding FCS games. They'll play Tennessee State in 2023.

https://sports.yahoo.com/notre-dame-...200030016.html

Comment

Notre Dame breaks its practice of avoiding FCS games. They'll play Tennessee State in 2023.

https://sports.yahoo.com/notre-dame-...200030016.html
                About damn time and glad it's a school that can really generate a ton of support from alumni and the local community in TSU. Should be great to watch their band perform at halftime in historic Notre Dame Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

About damn time and glad it's a school that can really generate a ton of support from alumni and the local community in TSU. Should be great to watch their band perform at halftime in historic Notre Dame Stadium.
                  I think there's room for it. Some state flagships have used a sense of civic pride to spread the wealth to local FCS schools. I think Notre Dame diehards would be okay with them playing FCS Catholic schools.

Comment

I think there's room for it. Some state flagships have used a sense of civic pride to spread the wealth to local FCS schools. I think Notre Dame diehards would be okay with them playing FCS Catholic schools.
                    Because they play the 6 ACC scheduled games, plus annual games v Navy, USC, Stanford, there's 3 openings and 1 can be a FCS school either local or an HBCU as both could use the checks and game day experience.
                    Last edited by shipfbfan1; 04-06-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Another awful story out of Creepy Valley.

See lead story on ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Another awful story out of Creepy Valley.

See lead story on ESPN.
                        HFS

Comment

HFS
                          I was able to google the meaning of HFS but I can't find a PSU story anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I was able to google the meaning of HFS but I can't find a PSU story anywhere.
                            H is Holy. You can figure out the next two.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...-bring-justice

Comment

H is Holy. You can figure out the next two.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...-bring-justice
                              I scanned over it. I'm not going to take the time to read the whole thing. So, tell me, what did Paterno do wrong? Did he do something illegal?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I scanned over it. I'm not going to take the time to read the whole thing. So, tell me, what did Paterno do wrong? Did he do something illegal?
                                College sexual assault is relevant to my career so I read the full thing today. Basically, a Penn State football player from the late 70s robbed one store and raped several women. Paterno covered for the record store robbery but not for the rape. However, he definitely omitted it when selling his off the field team management. Was it dishonest? Yeah. But I expect almost any coach to omit it. Sounds like the guy was a serial predator prior to his arrival in State College so I can't hold them all accountable. Back then you didn't know things as well as you do now and rape wasn't taken seriously.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X