Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Kelly seems like a prick... but that WR is for sure a punk. That skinny post or slant would have been a touchdown if he wasn't pouting and looking for the ball. Hit him right in the arm and bounced off into the back of the end zone. After seeing that, he's going to have a hard time with another big program welcoming a loser into their program like him.
    I've always felt BK was over rated as a coach. Didn't do anything special at ND then to leave them how he did he can rot in hell lol. Hopefully his tenure at LSU is short lived.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I've always felt BK was over rated as a coach. Didn't do anything special at ND then to leave them how he did he can rot in hell lol. Hopefully his tenure at LSU is short lived.
      I don't know, I don't think you can call him overrated. I think BK is the best ND coach there has been there in about 30 years. Record proves it, as everyone since Holtz was let go rather quickly. I think BK took Notre Dame as far as they can go in this era of college football. Regular top 15 team, and fringe national championship contender. I just don't think they are going to crack that top echelon as long as things are the way they are with recruiting. BK understood that and wanted to go to a program that can win it all, which LSU is.

BK has won everywhere he's gone. I think he'll do the same at LSU, but I do agree his tv personality is not something I care for either.

Comment

• It makes you wonder, now that Orgeron is making the rounds chuckling about his $17.1M buyout and if Kelly has a disastrous start, just how much money are LSU power brokers willing to light on fire? The SEC is where coaching careers go to die to the sound of an exploding checking account.

Comment

• What a weekend in D1 college football.

Pitt played tough but still lost at home to a middle of the road SEC team. Looks like #8 Notre Dame isn’t very good (certainly not top 10) after its home loss to Marshall, and how about Appalachian State’s win over #6 Texas A&M?! The only team maybe more overrated than Notre Dame is #5 Clemson, which only beat Furman 35-12. Kentucky continues to get better at football and they got a big win over Florida. Alabama survived Texas and benefitted from an awful call that may have been the difference. I don’t think the Crimson Tide is the best team in college football right now. BYU’s win over #9 Baylor made it three teams in the top 10 that went down yesterday.

Comment

• Surprisingly the louder crowd calling to fire their coach is in Morgantown, not Lincoln.

Getting pretty hot in College Station, though!

Comment

• Wonder if Marshall will frame a copy of that $1.25m check they got from Notre Dame yesterday?

What a win for the Herd.

Their neighbor is WV has a massive problem. Losing at home to Kansas a week after blowing the Pitt game ... and the HC has a $16m buyout if fired this season.

Comment

• These buyouts are insane. Good on the coach’s agents for making sure they’re in there and shame on the idiot administrations that sign them. Of course a lot of that is driven by boosters as well. Scott Frost just got canned at Nebraska and it looks like if they would have waited until October 1, the school could have saved half of the $15 million they have to pay him. How does it make sense to not wait just a few weeks to save $7.5 million? Ludicrous. I hate to tell Cornhusker fans but the days of Nebraska football being a national powerhouse again are over.

Comment

• Fortunate that in D2 we don't have fanbases who all think they're just one piece away from a championship team...and lunatic donors willing to fund the changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Fortunate that in D2 we don't have fanbases who all think they're just one piece away from a championship team...and lunatic donors willing to fund the changes.
                    Have you note been following THE IUP Football thread? LOL. We always think we’re one piece away, but don’t have the money to buy out contracts every few years.

It makes you wonder what the conversation was on Frost’s buyout. Someone gave the green light to flush $7.5 million down the toilet. It’s probably not unreasonable to suggest there was a donor(s) committed to making up the difference just to get him out of the building. I imagine emotions were pretty high after an awful, awful loss at home to a mediocre Sun Belt Conference team. If those results keep happening you’re going to start seeing empty seats in Lincoln. Frankly, the people who were around the last time Nebraska was actually good are getting older and students and younger fans haven’t seen a winner. Eventually that catches up to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Have you note been following THE IUP Football thread? LOL. We always think we’re one piece away, but don’t have the money to buy out contracts every few years.

It makes you wonder what the conversation was on Frost’s buyout. Someone gave the green light to flush $7.5 million down the toilet. It’s probably not unreasonable to suggest there was a donor(s) committed to making up the difference just to get him out of the building. I imagine emotions were pretty high after an awful, awful loss at home to a mediocre Sun Belt Conference team. If those results keep happening you’re going to start seeing empty seats in Lincoln. Frankly, the people who were around the last time Nebraska was actually good are getting older and students and younger fans haven’t seen a winner. Eventually that catches up to you.
                      I think this is exactly what I was referring to. To think that someone loves Nebraska football so much that they'll light millions on fire just to facilitate a coaching change.

Comment

• It doesn’t matter how much money some fool
                        coughs up…Nebraskastan foosball is irrelevant. They can’t compete with BIG elite programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          It doesn’t matter how much money some fool
                          coughs up…Nebraskastan foosball is irrelevant. They can’t compete with BIG elite programs.
                          Scott Frost was the hottest coach in the country when they signed him. He was also the golden boy alumni going home. His tenure was obviously a disaster. He also blew a lot of games there with terrible decision making that they never should have lost.

There's actually talk they may go hard after Urban Meyer.

But, yes, the 80s and 90s were a long time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Scott Frost was the hottest coach in the country when they signed him. He was also the golden boy alumni going home. His tenure was obviously a disaster. He also blew a lot of games there with terrible decision making that they never should have lost.

I don't blame them one bit for hiring Scott Frost. Like you said, he was seen as a nearly universal home run hire. Unfortunately its almost like they got his doppleganger.

Also, Nebraska needs to take the Costanza approach and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what their instincts tell them on this next coaching search. Here's their track record since Tom Osborne retired in 1997:

Frank Solich: $786,693.

Bill Callahan: $3.1 million.

Bo Pelini: $7.9 million.

Mike Reilly: $6.63 million.

Scott Frost: $15 million

That's almost $33.5 million paid out over the last 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't blame them one bit for hiring Scott Frost. Like you said, he was seen as a nearly universal home run hire. Unfortunately its almost like they got his doppleganger.

Also, Nebraska needs to take the Costanza approach and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what their instincts tell them on this next coaching search. Here's their track record since Tom Osborne retired in 1997:

Frank Solich: $786,693.

Bill Callahan: $3.1 million.

Bo Pelini: $7.9 million.

Mike Reilly: $6.63 million.

Scott Frost: $15 million

That's almost $33.5 million paid out over the last 25 years.
                              PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell have to be at the top of the list I'd think.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Urban Meyer would be a terrible cultural fit in Nebraska, but no hiring would surprise me these days. When you consider how PASSHE basically has to beg the state legislature for adequate funding every year, it's sickening to see the millions that are just randomly thrown around in D1 college football. Northwestern recently got an athletic donation that's almost seven times the size of Ship's endowment fund.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X