• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ric Flair

I think that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Yes... Pomp, Stan Savrn, Old 29er, Yohe, etc. If you're not an idiot, he likes you.

Comment

• Correct, MM tried keeping that civil then Flair threw upper cuts via Twitter. It was so dumb.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm glad I never gave into the urge to subscribe. For as much good reporting DK and his staff have done, he's caused such a ruckus in the media by pissing people off or screwing employees. His staff turns over more than the Clarion QB room.

On the other hand, I can't stand Madden anymore. I used to tolerate him but his personal biases ruin everything for me. Roethlisberger, Lemieux, and Crosby can do no wrong and he'd go down defending them - on the same page the Rooneys and anyone associated with the Pirates can do no right. I get that he plays the heel. I've met him out in the wild and he was incredibly nice talking music but I can't stand his media character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm glad I never gave into the urge to subscribe. For as much good reporting DK and his staff have done, he's caused such a ruckus in the media by pissing people off or screwing employees. His staff turns over more than the Clarion QB room.

On the other hand, I can't stand Madden anymore. I used to tolerate him but his personal biases ruin everything for me. Roethlisberger, Lemieux, and Crosby can do no wrong and he'd go down defending them - on the same page the Rooneys and anyone associated with the Pirates can do no right. I get that he plays the heel. I've met him out in the wild and he was incredibly nice talking music but I can't stand his media character.

Comment

• I give you credit for still listening. I just grew tired of the schtick and at best dissecting the same game or team issues endlessly. You're right - he picks unnecessary fights. I get its a persona, but at the same time he'll trash Trump yet act a lot like him by picking these unnecessary fights. Similarly, he talks about "the media" like a Fox News host, giving blanket criticism of seemingly everyone but himself even though he's one of them, too. I honestly think he doesn't have much going for him other than work. Sports for us is a release, but for him its work. Yeah he's got music and I love hearing him talk about his favorite bands and concerts. But he also laments about the loss of his mom and he's clearly single plus his health fluctuates between poor and mediocre.

Comment

I give you credit for still listening. I just grew tired of the schtick and at best dissecting the same game or team issues endlessly. You're right - he picks unnecessary fights. I get its a persona, but at the same time he'll trash Trump yet act a lot like him by picking these unnecessary fights. Similarly, he talks about "the media" like a Fox News host, giving blanket criticism of seemingly everyone but himself even though he's one of them, too. I honestly think he doesn't have much going for him other than work. Sports for us is a release, but for him its work. Yeah he's got music and I love hearing him talk about his favorite bands and concerts. But he also laments about the loss of his mom and he's clearly single plus his health fluctuates between poor and mediocre.
                  I still listen to MM myself when I'm able to. He truly says things other Pittsburgh media won't. I appreciate that. He called the Steelers locker room issues with AB, Bell, etc. He calls the Pirates out for refusing to spend money to compete. Yes, he does call out the Pens too. He said Malkin should've been traded a few years ago when he had a lot of value and I agree.

I can't stand the DK site anymore. DK and Dale Lolley's arrogance has truly destroyed the site. The staff turnover has also been beyond annoying. To lose some of the star writers he had is absurd. Lose Hall of Famer Molinari but keep Haas, god awful. That's just one example of many.

Comment

I still listen to MM myself when I'm able to. He truly says things other Pittsburgh media won't. I appreciate that. He called the Steelers locker room issues with AB, Bell, etc. He calls the Pirates out for refusing to spend money to compete. Yes, he does call out the Pens too. He said Malkin should've been traded a few years ago when he had a lot of value and I agree.

I can't stand the DK site anymore. DK and Dale Lolley's arrogance has truly destroyed the site. The staff turnover has also been beyond annoying. To lose some of the star writers he had is absurd. Lose Hall of Famer Molinari but keep Haas, god awful. That's just one example of many.
                    I agree when I get a chance. He is no better than a shock jock for sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

I agree when I get a chance. He is no better than a shock jock for sports.

Comment

• He's still a riot. They've toned him down since the 1250 days but the current show is still very good.

If you want garbage tune in to the B Team for a couple days.

Comment

Comment

• Cheapest tickets available for WVU at Pitt are currently going for $135/per on Stubhub. They then jump to $190/per (and keep going up). The game is officially sold out.

College Gameday will be there. Big event.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Cheapest tickets available for WVU at Pitt are currently going for $135/per on Stubhub. They then jump to $190/per (and keep going up). The game is officially sold out.

College Gameday will be there. Big event.
                              Yes but Costco is selling two lower bowl tickets to Pitt home games for $100 all in.

Comment

Yes but Costco is selling two lower bowl tickets to Pitt home games for $100 all in.
                                I'd pay more than $100 for the WVU game. It will be an incredible atmosphere. I'd guess Pitt fans will occupy about a 60-40 share of the building. That said, I wouldn't pay $100 combined for the other 6 home games.

The Tennessee game in Week 2 may draw well -- IF they win the WVU game. If Pitt lays an egg in a sold out stadium ... the Vols all the sudden won't be a big attraction.

Rhode Island will be a yellow seat convention.

Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Duke will be good games but likely won't draw well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X