Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick first leaked the Urban to Nebraska story a couple weeks ago. They all knew Frost was done after the Northwestern debacle.

But, DP has sources beyond sources. If he says it on his show ... it comes with credibility. He's not a click-baiter. The fan base, and, particularly their heavy brass, has been dying for a winner. If Urban does one thing it's win and win big in the NCAA.

He's also being linked to Arizona State, which obviously has a history of interesting hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Dan Patrick first leaked the Urban to Nebraska story a couple weeks ago. They all knew Frost was done after the Northwestern debacle.

But, DP has sources beyond sources. If he says it on his show ... it comes with credibility. He's not a click-baiter. The fan base, and, particularly their heavy brass, has been dying for a winner. If Urban does one thing it's win and win big in the NCAA.

He's also being linked to Arizona State, which obviously has a history of interesting hires.
      Based on my very limited experience with Lincoln, Urban Meyer will find the local population of young women to his favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
        I hate to tell Cornhusker fans but the days of Nebraska football being a national powerhouse again are over.
        Since its last major bowl game (Rose Bowl loss to Miami in 2002), Nebraska is 145-110 (.568) with 8 losing seasons.

Yikes. That's quite a fall from where they used to be.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell have to be at the top of the list I'd think.
          I have a hard time imagining Nebraska poaching another coach from their own conference like Fleck. Like others have pointed out their days as a national power are likely over. They’re probably still a tier above Minnesota in the grand scheme of CFB but Fleck’s been reasonably successful there and given the relative lack of urgency in Minneapolis vs Lincoln I’m not sure that would a move worth making. Campbell might be more realistic not because Nebraska is leaps and bounds better than ISU right now in actual football but because ISU might end up on the outside looking in as the Big 12 ((10)(8)) keeps getting raided by conferences with more foresight. Nebraska could get into a playoff some day since they’re pretty securely in one of the power conferences. Iowa State might be lucky to stay in a top tier conference if the powers that be keep cannibalizing each other and growing the elite vs. non-elite divide at FBS.
          Last edited by TheBigCat2192; 09-12-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Dan Patrick first leaked the Urban to Nebraska story a couple weeks ago. They all knew Frost was done after the Northwestern debacle.

Funny how everyone talks about the Northwestern "debacle." Nebraska is 6-6 against Northwestern since entering the B1G, so they've had quite a few debacles. Somebody mentioned Fleck for the Nebraska job. I'm not sure it's a much better job than Minnesota at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Based on my very limited experience with Lincoln, Urban Meyer will find the local population of young women to his favor.
              Ouch!

Lincoln is too nice of a town for that dirtbag. I’m also not sure he’d win like he did in Florida and Ohio State. That was a different time and before he got exposed for who he really is. I doubt he’d have the recruiting advantage he may have had in the past. He’s a has been that would just cost them a fortune only to be added to that long list above of Nebraska head coach failures.

Comment

• Why would Urban Liar even still be considered a viable candidate for even a Pee Wee team?

Comment

• The Pirate up 13-0 in Death Valley.

BK may vanish if he loses again tonight.

Comment

• Penn State dismantled Auburn in Auburn. The 41 points is the most scored at Auburn by an opponent since 2001 I believe I saw. I thought PSU would win, but the wire to wire dominance was a bit of a surprise.

Pitt is battling a pesky Western Michigan team but I don’t think we’ll see a repeat of last season. Game still very much in doubt at the half. Notre Dame barely won. We’ll see if LSU can hold on to the slim lead or yes, BK might suddenly disappear.

Comment

• Marshall won in South Bend a week ago.

Lost to Bowling Green in OT tonight.

Comment

Marshall won in South Bend a week ago.

Lost to Bowling Green in OT tonight.
                        Crazy. Then there was the Appalachian State Hail Mary miracle against Troy.

Comment

• Georgia Tech canned its football HC and also its AD this morning.

Early buzz in Atlanta is the Yloowjackets will go after Deion Sanders very strong.

Comment

Georgia Tech canned its football HC and also its AD this morning.

Early buzz in Atlanta is the Yloowjackets will go after Deion Sanders very strong.
                            Woo boy the amount of money thrown around anymore to make the mid-season coaching change. You'd think they would want to make the guy coach for his job - maybe the result would be better.

I'm curious about Deion being successful in the long run. Yeah, he's won a lot, but how well will that translate to a big time academics school like GT? Unsure how they do athletic admissions. Does he get "spots" or does he get a lower standard deviation standard like most academics-first schools? Also, he did a lot of jawwing about Black players coming to HBCUs. Seems like cheap talk if he jumps for money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Woo boy the amount of money thrown around anymore to make the mid-season coaching change. You'd think they would want to make the guy coach for his job - maybe the result would be better.

I'm curious about Deion being successful in the long run. Yeah, he's won a lot, but how well will that translate to a big time academics school like GT? Unsure how they do athletic admissions. Does he get "spots" or does he get a lower standard deviation standard like most academics-first schools? Also, he did a lot of jawwing about Black players coming to HBCUs. Seems like cheap talk if he jumps for money.
                              Can't disagree with a thing you said there, and I'm sure no fan of the guy. But landing two five-stars at an HBCU is in itself something that would make a Power Five AD salivate. He was bound to be in demand.

Comment

Georgia Tech canned its football HC and also its AD this morning.

Not if but WHEN Deion leaves Jackson State it won't be for GT I'll tell you that much. When he leaves it'll be a top 25 program. It's one thing to build a FCS team up in a short time but a P5 program at a disadvantage due to academics, smallest home venue in the conference and the pressure of winning almost immediately I don't see it happening. Now Florida State he'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I think he stays until his boys graduate and then at that point if JSU hasn't built it's resume up enough to get an invite from a FBS conference he passes the torch to another coach so he can jump ship up to the FBS level. Remember his son already left South Carolina so he can't transfer up without sitting out a year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X