Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, Penn State shut out a team where the AD has an ultimatum of how many points per game Ferentz has to score in order to keep his job.

Iowa is a terrible football team! Fact is, Penn State has not been challenged yet and we simply do not know know. They have 3 or 4 possible losses on this schedule Ohio State and Michigan obviously, Maryland is not an easy out, and Franklin always seems to have one head scratching game that is far too close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

From what I’ve seen of all three teams, there’s no reason to think they can’t beat both of them.
      It’s never been a lack of talent. It’s always been the coach.

Penn State is not lacking resources to pass by the other two. It should have happened the day joined the BIG but again that coach was outsmarted too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

There is a pile of future NFL draft pics on that team including a few first rounders. Total domination. Obviously Iowa isn’t Ohio State but they never get beat in that fashion. That was their first time being shut out since 2000. These stats seem fake:

Total Yards: Penn State 397 Iowa 76
        Plays Run: Penn State 97 Iowa 33
        First Downs: Penn State 28 Iowa 4
        Time of Possession: Penn State 45:27 Iowa 14:33
        It was a nice win and a good offensive performance in the rain, but Iowa has a bad offense that was missing several starting skill players.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s never been a lack of talent. It’s always been the coach.

Penn State is not lacking resources to pass by the other two. It should have happened the day joined the BIG but again that coach was outsmarted too.

Penn State never belonged in the Big 10. What Paterno failed to realize after his initial success, was he needed to recruit a hell of a lot better. Penn State opened to the Door for Michigan and Ohio State to come and take kids that would have never gone anywhere but Penn State.

By the time Paterno was gone, too many kids had gone to Michigan and Penn State and the NFL, and Penn State ever being that big recruiting University was long gone. Sure Penn State is in the Top 10 of the Recruiting ranks, but they are usually below Michigan and Ohio State. Fact is they are playing for 3rd place almost every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post

Penn State never belonged in the Big 10. What Paterno failed to realize after his initial success, was he needed to recruit a hell of a lot better. Penn State opened to the Door for Michigan and Ohio State to come and take kids that would have never gone anywhere but Penn State.

By the time Paterno was gone, too many kids had gone to Michigan and Penn State and the NFL, and Penn State ever being that big recruiting University was long gone. Sure Penn State is in the Top 10 of the Recruiting ranks, but they are usually below Michigan and Ohio State. Fact is they are playing for 3rd place almost every season.
            There is zero reason that Penn State can't recruit on the same plane as Michigan and Ohio State. They have similar resources and a huge fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenRam94 View Post

The BIG was a relic league when The Nits entered. They had two recent national title season and the BIG hadn’t since 1968.

Yea..the Nits entering jump started Meatchicken and The Overrated State Univerdity to up their game. Paterno let himself be outsmarted and it just became easier for younger coaches to use his age as a point to players not to go there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

There is zero reason that Penn State can't recruit on the same plane as Michigan and Ohio State. They have similar resources and a huge fan base.
                Their fan base is basically a Cult. They’d fork over all their cash if necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Anyone watching Colorado play Nebraska, even though they won, knew the Buffaloes were ridiculously overrated. Deion brought some talent in, but he's a long way from a P5 contending team.
                  Losing Travis Hunter (perhaps the best player in the country) for three weeks (at least) was a total killer.

They weren't going to contend even with him but losing their two-way star was devastating. Next-man-up is coach speak. He's not replaceable.

I'd assume the QB will be the next one taken out via cheap shot. If you talk like they do it's only a matter of time.

USC will probably hammer them again this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Losing Travis Hunter (perhaps the best player in the country) for three weeks (at least) was a total killer.

They weren't going to contend even with him but losing their two-way star was devastating. Next-man-up is coach speak. He's not replaceable.

I'd assume the QB will be the next one taken out via cheap shot. If you talk like they do it's only a matter of time.

His son who is the DB, Shilo, got roughed up pretty good against Oregon too. There's some video footage of his pregame antics too. As they saw with Oregon, they are now about to play teams who are significantly better than they are, but also have a message to send.

I still think he's playing a long game that doesn't even include Colorado in his plans. Because by the end of next year, he'll have about 60 guys to replace. I'm not sure you can just keep playing that game, at that frequency, and be successful. I believe this is all marketing for his son trying to make him a massive star in CFB, ensure he's the big story going into next year, and hoping to create Heisman buzz where he could then be a Top 5 NFL draft pick. I don't think Deion has any long term interest in being a college or NFL coach long term.

Comment

Perhaps, but they weren't that outstanding for most of the game against Nebraska even with Hunter. They benefitted from Nebraska's offensive ineptitude. A Minnesota team that held Nebraska to 10 points was torched for 400 yards passing by Northwestern last week. And as a Northwestern grad alum, I can say with confidence that you're in a world of hurt if you're giving up 400 yards passing to Northwestern.

The Buffs might be able to put up some points on USC as the Trojans defense still looks a little shaky.

Comment

• I already watched more Colorado games this season than I have over the last 10 years so they’re certainly interesting. However, I never thought they were more than an average team and that played out last weekend. I’ll probably not watch another game. To IUP24’s point, I think this was Deion’s foot in the door at the FBS level and I can’t imagine him staying at Colorado very long. Does Boulder really seem like Deion’s kind of town?

I expect the Buffaloes to get hammered again this weekend. The betting public should take USC and give the points.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                          I already watched more Colorado games this season than I have over the last 10 years so they’re certainly interesting. However, I never thought they were more than an average team and that played out last weekend. I’ll probably not watch another game. To IUP24’s point, I think this was Deion’s foot in the door at the FBS level and I can’t imagine him staying at Colorado very long. Does Boulder really seem like Deion’s kind of town?

I expect the Buffaloes to get hammered again this weekend. The betting public should take USC and give the points.
                          The media narrative is the Buffs are now the official team of Black America.

Lol. Ever been to Boulder?

Comment

• Mel Tucker officially fired yesterday. What an idiot. Sue away. You admitted to it in writing lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              Mel Tucker officially fired yesterday. What an idiot. Sue away. You admitted to it in writing lol.

Sparty is an interesting job. It's obviously in a big-time conference. The paycheck will be very nice. However, you'll always be second-fiddle even in your own state. Winters in East Lansing are just lovely.

The current HCs seemingly showing up on every related thread seem to beleive MSU will target: Mike Elko (Duke), Lance Leipold (Kansas), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt), Mark Stoops (Kentucky), Dave Doeren (NC State) or P.J. Fleck (Minnesota).

I don't know if Fleck would make that move. Same with Stoops. The ACC guys would all be taking a step up.

I actually wonder, going forward, if the ACC will become the new MAC in regard to being the place the 'big' teams go to poach coaches. Forver, the Craddle of Coaches (MAC) was the de facto developmental league for HCs.

Comment

Sparty is an interesting job. It's obviously in a big-time conference. The paycheck will be very nice. However, you'll always be second-fiddle even in your own state. Winters in East Lansing are just lovely.

The current HCs seemingly showing up on every related thread seem to beleive MSU will target: Mike Elko (Duke), Lance Leipold (Kansas), Pat Narduzzi (Pitt), Mark Stoops (Kentucky), Dave Doeren (NC State) or P.J. Fleck (Minnesota).

I don't know if Fleck would make that move. Same with Stoops. The ACC guys would all be taking a step up.

I actually wonder, going forward, if the ACC will become the new MAC in regard to being the place the 'big' teams go to poach coaches. Forver, the Craddle of Coaches (MAC) was the de facto developmental league for HCs.
                                I don't think Fleck's star rose after his team blew a 21-point lead to a scandal-ravaged Northwestern team Saturday. His "row the boat" stuff floundered on the rocks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X