Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

From the nine spot to the six spot. That is a big difference.

I still remember the time back in '88 when the Stillers were at a dismal 2-10 and then went out and won 3 of their last 4 and in the process cost themselves a chance to draft a Hall of Famer like Troy Aikman, Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, or Derrick Thomas. That still is tough to take. Thomas would have been great in black and gold. Or imagine your two starting CBs named Rod Woodson and Deion?
    Or when the passed the kid from Oakland.

Marino something.

Comment

I would really hate to see Nate Sudfeld play for IUP even. Was that for real? But Iggles fans will be happy with the higher pick come April.
      The best was the coach saying he was playing to win the game. Lol. I'm sure he didn't make the tank call. That came from upstairs. He's just the lameduck who has to talk to the media afterward.

Comment

• Urban wants $12m to take an NFL job.

NFL execs scoffing. I love it. Want me? Pay me. If not, pound sand and go get another retread.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Or when the passed the kid from Oakland.

Marino something.
          Good God that was criminal! How? Why? The Stillers paid the price for it by spending over 20 years in the NFL wilderness without a top flight QB until Big Ben came along.

Comment

Urban wants $12m to take an NFL job.

NFL execs scoffing. I love it. Want me? Pay me. If not, pound sand and go get another retread.
            i don't believe that Meyer has any NFL experience whatsoever does he? How many hot shot college coaches came and went over the years in the NFL? Jimmy Johnson may have been the only one that comes to mind who really did anything (Barry Switzer on his coattails of course).

Comment

Good God that was criminal! How? Why? The Stillers paid the price for it by spending over 20 years in the NFL wilderness without a top flight QB until Big Ben came along.
              QBs taken in Round 1 (1983 Draft):

1. John Elway (HOF)
              7. Todd Blackledge
              14. Jim Kelly (HOF)
              15. Tony Eason
              24. Ken O'Brien
              27. Dan Marino (HOF)

The Yinzers had the 21st pick that year. They took DT Gabriel Rivera (Senor Sack). Rivera's career lastest less than a year as he was paralyzed in a car wreck while driving drunk.

Marino's stock, as the legend goes, fell prior to the draft due to reports of drug use -- despite having never failed any tests, no arrests, etc.

Don't get me wrong, us Yinzers got to enjoy Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox instead of Danny Boy.

Comment

QBs taken in Round 1 (1983 Draft):

1. John Elway (HOF)
                7. Todd Blackledge
                14. Jim Kelly (HOF)
                15. Tony Eason
                24. Ken O'Brien
                27. Dan Marino (HOF)

The Yinzers had the 21st pick that year. They took DT Gabriel Rivera (Senor Sack). Rivera's career lastest less than a year as he was paralyzed in a car wreck while driving drunk.

Marino's stock, as the legend goes, fell prior to the draft due to reports of drug use -- despite having never failed any tests, no arrests, etc.

Don't get me wrong, us Yinzers got to enjoy Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox instead of Danny Boy.
                I don't think Rivera was a terrible pick. He was a sack machine in college and fit the mold of their 70s defenses. Its easy to MMQB the Marino snub - especially because Yinzers have historically nominated anyone with SWPA roots for beatification as soon as they become famous. There was no way to predict his success in Miami. Hell, he wasn't even the first Pitt player selected.

Comment

• Gotta love Nick Saban's daughter Tweeting that Ohio State is faking Covid cases in an attempt to stall the game -- and get their star QB back to healthy.

Comment

• Eagles fire Doug Pederson. I don't think he gets to take that improved draft pick with him.

Comment

Eagles fire Doug Pederson. I don't think he gets to take that improved draft pick with him.
                      I read that he wanted "more control" within the organization. I don't think it had anything to do with their record this year. I think Pederson knows what he's doing and I don't think it's the greatest of decisions to fire him. But we'll see how it all turns out, both for Pederson and the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I read that he wanted "more control" within the organization. I don't think it had anything to do with their record this year. I think Pederson knows what he's doing and I don't think it's the greatest of decisions to fire him. But we'll see how it all turns out, both for Pederson and the Eagles.
                        I believe he needed to hire an experienced and proven play caller but other than his poor play calling/design he was a good coach, the bigger issue is Howie Roseman who has failed time after time after time with his draft picks although a report came out last night that it was the owner Jeff Laurie who demanded they draft JJ over DK Metcalf or Paris Campbell (Howie was sold on him).

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I read something similar. If true, it sounds like Phily is becoming Dallas-East with upper management dictating the on-field decisions.

Comment

• Wonder if Nick Saban starts prep today for Miami.

The Tide and Hurricanes meet in the 2021 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

Comment

• FFS they're playing Mercer on Nov 20.

Comment

• Bill O'Brien rumored to be leading candidate for Alabama O.C.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X