Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-Tomlin. I would have fired his standard is the standard azz years ago. He's not varsity enough. Always loses to a 2-11 type team and I believe this is the third consecutive season the Stillers are now in a late-season collapse. The guy doesn't have what it takes to unleash hell in December. And why is he allowing JuJu to do all that stupid moron dancing on the other team's logo during the warmups? Enough is enough. Next man up.

-Big Ben. The guy is a legend. And he had a great first part of the season---but now his arm looks so suspect and worn. Reminds me of Peyton Manning at the very end of his last season. The arm just wasn't there. He needs some rest. Why not just let him take a game or two off. His $41 million cap hit next year is something that needs to be addressed very soon once we get to off season business.

-JuJu. Nice fumble after getting blown up right near the Bengals team emblem at midfield where you danced just an hour or two before. Are you 12? A man doesn't conduct business that way.

- Bud Dupree. Goodness the Stillers miss him and that nasty bookend rush that he provides in tandem with Watt. Bring him back. Tag him again or whatever you have to do. He is a must have.

-Robert Spillane. He was an amazing replacement for Devin Bush. They need to try and get him back for the playoffs. They also need Vince Williams back off the Covid list.

-Eric Ebron. He's the best TE the Stillers have had since the days of Heath Miller. His drops and injuries make me want to see the black and gold draft a stud TE next April.

-James Conner. Yet another year where he can't finish the season. Steelers need a stud RB next April.

-Offensive line. Nice to see them get pushed around once more. I see that Pouncey and DeCastro made the Pro Bowl. Shows how you make that on past laurels. They are still decent but not what they once were. The injuries are taking a toll with this unit. Probably need some new blood at some point.

-Defense got smoked by a third string QB. The injuries to the LB corps have been utterly devastating.

The dink-n-dunk offense worked well early this year. Teams are ready for it now.

Benny Snell Football needs to play Benny Snell Football like Benny Snell Football said Benny Snell Football could play. I like Connor but, Lordy, he is hurt constantly.

Tomlin is the living definition of Coach Speak but we are seeing 'next man up' is a fancy way of saying 'we're f-ed'. They haven't lost spare parts on defense but they've lost stars. You cannot replace stars mid-season.

How Mr. The Standard is the Standard is continuing to let AB Junior TikTok dance on logos is amazing. Let sleeping dogs sleep. That little dance got an awful team all jazzed up.

Frankly, right now, the Steelers are, at best, an average team. Maybe.

I think most knew that 11-0 was a mirage full of close wins, but this is an epic collapse.

Maybe last night will be the embarrassment they needed. If not ... they have three games left and turn in the pads.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The dink-n-dunk offense worked well early this year. Teams are ready for it now.

Benny Snell Football needs to play Benny Snell Football like Benny Snell Football said Benny Snell Football could play. I like Connor but, Lordy, he is hurt constantly.

Tomlin is the living definition of Coach Speak but we are seeing 'next man up' is a fancy way of saying 'we're f-ed'. They haven't lost spare parts on defense but they've lost stars. You cannot replace stars mid-season.

How Mr. The Standard is the Standard is continuing to let AB Junior TikTok dance on logos is amazing. Let sleeping dogs sleep. That little dance got an awful team all jazzed up.

Frankly, right now, the Steelers are, at best, an average team. Maybe.

I think most knew that 11-0 was a mirage full of close wins, but this is an epic collapse.

Maybe last night will be the embarrassment they needed. If not ... they have three games left and turn in the pads.
      That is unreal there. That is certainly not a part of the Steelers way. Jack Splat Lambert never really said that he was going to kick your azz. He just went out on the field and he kicked your azz. Big difference.

What JuJu does sort of reminds me how those idiot WVU fans acted when a not very good Pitt football team came to Morgantown in 2007. All WVU had to do was beat them and they would play for a national title. Well, their fans so riled the Panthers up that they went out and beat the Mountaineers. That really took some brains there.

Bring out the fight in someone and you just might find yourself on the wrong end of it. I think it happened in the rather infamous Holiday affair of Ralphie and Scut Farkus. LOL.

Comment

• Boomer Sooner dropping the pain on the Gators.

The whole Oklahoma crowd chanting "S-E-C" and doing the gator chomp. Lol.

Comment

Boomer Sooner dropping the pain on the Gators.

The whole Oklahoma crowd chanting "S-E-C" and doing the gator chomp. Lol.
          Hilarious but anyone that knows football knows that Florida was missing a bunch of high flight players in that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hilarious but anyone that knows football knows that Florida was missing a bunch of high flight players in that game.

Yes they were. Mullen even said the day before the game it could turn in to a 'developmental' game. How many times do you ever hear a coach say that ... lol. I'll give Florida credit for playing the game. They easily could have backed out.

Comment

Yes they were. Mullen even said the day before the game it could turn in to a 'developmental' game. How many times do you ever hear a coach say that ... lol. I'll give Florida credit for playing the game. They easily could have backed out.
              I commend Florida for upstanding their commitment to playing in the game with all the opt-outs. While they did get demolished those younger players got experience they'll be able to use for next season and they're also going to use that as fire during the offseason to get the nasty taste out of their mouths.

Comment

• Regarding the Florida game----what did you guys think of Gators QB Kyle Trask? I saw in the one NFL Mock Draft that he was selected by the Stillers. I didn't get to see the game but did watch some tape of him. Looks like he lacks any real mobility. I'd be curios to hear your thoughts.

One QB in the upcoming draft not named Trevor that really caught my attention is Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. Baby Mahomes!

Comment

Regarding the Florida game----what did you guys think of Gators QB Kyle Trask? I saw in the one NFL Mock Draft that he was selected by the Stillers. I didn't get to see the game but did watch some tape of him. Looks like he lacks any real mobility. I'd be curios to hear your thoughts.

One QB in the upcoming draft not named Trevor that really caught my attention is Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. Baby Mahomes!
                  I like him too. NDS is one of the few FCS teams that will get media attention - but going against him is that NDS played only one or two games this year. He'll have to make the most of any semblance of pro days, workouts, and combine.

Comment

• Justin Lustig to Vanderbilt. A whole lotta yelling coming to the West End.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I like him too. NDS is one of the few FCS teams that will get media attention - but going against him is that NDS played only one or two games this year. He'll have to make the most of any semblance of pro days, workouts, and combine.
                      I agree. I think that if he tests out well at the things you listed he could very potentially be a top 10 and maybe even a top 5 pick. He should be a very hot commodity on the heels of the success of Mahomes and a few other black QBs. The kid looks to have the total package. Plus, he is only currently 20 years old and could be given that proverbial NFL redshirt year like what Mahomes had in KC.

I wonder if there may be buyer beware syndrome attached to OSU's Justin Fields after the latest Buckeyes QB to flameout with the whole Dwayne Haskins debacle? I'd really hate to have Haskins as a Stillers ball boy even. Sounds like a complete idiot.

Comment

• Justin Lustig seems to have made the right choice leaving Boro when he did for the Syracuse position. As for Kyle Trask he is a feel good story that in the NFL Draft I think he's a day 2 pick probably 2nd or 3rd rounder. A developmental guy who could be a serviceable QB if given time to grow and learn....

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                          As for Kyle Trask he is a feel good story that in the NFL Draft I think he's a day 2 pick probably 2nd or 3rd rounder. A developmental guy who could be a serviceable QB if given time to grow and learn....
                          I guess I need more time to study up on him. But I would tend to agree with your comments on Trask. I wasn't feeling him as a Day one selection.

Stillers probably go OT with their first round pick if one of the quality ones should fall to them. Maybe a RB if they feel there is the proper value there with Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. But I guess you have to let the dust settle on the season first and see what goes on heading into free agency.

Comment

I guess I need more time to study up on him. But I would tend to agree with your comments on Trask. I wasn't feeling him as a Day one selection.

Stillers probably go OT with their first round pick if one of the quality ones should fall to them. Maybe a RB if they feel there is the proper value there with Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. But I guess you have to let the dust settle on the season first and see what goes on heading into free agency.
                            They could chose to come back next year, too.

Comment

• Wild Armed Forces Bowl.

Tulsa and Mississippi State fought before the game and after. Ugly display at the end.

#LIT-AF

Comment

Wild Armed Forces Bowl.

Tulsa and Mississippi State fought before the game and after. Ugly display at the end.

#LIT-AF
                                Must have been a team made up of liberals vs conservatives. Or maybe a couple teams emulating the upcoming NHL division only season? Was there any known history between these two teams? Mark your calendars for Jan 6, 2021 for a potential donnybrook to unfold on live TV.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X