• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Mike Norvell
    If he goes to Bama ... Primetime will be headed to Tallahassee

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If he goes to Bama ... Primetime will be headed to Tallahassee
      Norvell is staying at FSU. 8 year extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post

If I were a Bama fan, I would be pushing for DeBoer. But I think it really could be just about anyone
        Called it!

Comment

Called it!
          It's hilarious a multi-billion dollar organization can hire a new HC in 48 hours and it takes a PSAC team 7 weeks because of all the hoops to jump.

Comment

• Could Washington hire Pete Carroll?

Some seem to think so.

Comment

It's hilarious a multi-billion dollar organization can hire a new HC in 48 hours and it takes a PSAC team 7 weeks because of all the hoops to jump.
              I would have thought that the job would've had to be posted in a similar way to how a coaching job at a PASSHE school would be posted, but Alabama laws could be very different compared to Pennsylvania. (For context: Iowa's offensive coordinator's job had to be publicly posted like any other UofIowa job due to state law.)
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

It's very possible this was in the works and Alabama was doing its due diligence before Saban announced. But Alabama is actually run by its secret society, The Machine (not Bert Kreischer). They call the shots and act like a shadow council of trustees. If you defy their wishes, you're asked to resign or your contract isn't renewed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Machine pick and they presented everything, contract terms and all, within hours of Saban going public.

Comment

Called it!
                  The guy had a pretty good gig at Washington. I know they probably waved the big bucks at him in Alabama, but I wouldn't love to be the one following Saban there. The coaches who immediately followed Bear Bryant did not have an easy time of it. You certainly can't accuse him of backing away from a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It's very possible this was in the works and Alabama was doing its due diligence before Saban announced. But Alabama is actually run by its secret society, The Machine (not Bert Kreischer). They call the shots and act like a shadow council of trustees. If you defy their wishes, you're asked to resign or your contract isn't renewed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Machine pick and they presented everything, contract terms and all, within hours of Saban going public.
                    It’s not called the See Everyone Cheat conference for nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I would have thought that the job would've had to be posted in a similar way to how a coaching job at a PASSHE school would be posted, but Alabama laws could be very different compared to Pennsylvania. (For context: Iowa's offensive coordinator's job had to be publicly posted like any other UofIowa job due to state law.)
                      Alabama is a state represented in the U.S. Senate by Tommy Tuberville. Think about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The guy had a pretty good gig at Washington. I know they probably waved the big bucks at him in Alabama, but I wouldn't love to be the one following Saban there. The coaches who immediately followed Bear Bryant did not have an easy time of it. You certainly can't accuse him of backing away from a challenge.
                        Ray Perkins had that honor bring the first after Bryant. Stalking had that one “title” in 92. Alabamastan was in shambles when Saban was hired. They were apart brand at the time.

NIL and the transfer portal hastened his retirement. He can’t collect all the best players anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Ray Perkins had that honor bring the first after Bryant. Stalking had that one “title” in 92. Alabamastan was in shambles when Saban was hired. They were apart brand at the time.

NIL and the transfer portal hastened his retirement. He can’t collect all the best players anymore.
                          Roll

Damn

Tide

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think it’s quite possible this is what happened.

Comment

• Claude Gilbert, a former player and later the Head Coach at my alma mater San Jose State died last week. He was 91 years old. Prior to San Jose State he was the Head Coach at San Diego State. He was a nice man and a great coach. I wish his family well. Rest in peace Coach Gilbert.

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Gilbert
                              Last edited by crixus; 01-14-2024, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Alabama is a state represented in the U.S. Senate by Tommy Tuberville. Think about that.
                                Yep. It’s a third world cesspool.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X