Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

What Youngstown St LB ?

And how about the addition to the coaching staff ?
    I think he meant the Edinboro LB

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I noticed that the new RB's coach at IUP is Octavius Thomas who was a 4 year starter for Shepherd during the National Championship run. Exceptional defensive mind and I think he ends up as a DC or HC very quickly. Very bright future for OT and a good pick up for IUP.
      How on earth did he get away from Shepherd ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I was thinking that who he was talking about, but I was not sure. However, I believe Connor Kelly is going to be a very good LB for IUP. He make plays behind the line of scrimmage, and I like that from a LB.

Comment

How on earth did he get away from Shepherd ?
          $$

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm sure it was a well-thought-out decision. He was a Philosophy major at EIU.
            One of my professors with a PhD from Univ. of Penn, defined Philosophy as organized bull****. Maybe the player did decide to attend graduate school for a semester to play another year, but why transfer? Big fish in a small pond?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

One of my professors with a PhD from Univ. of Penn, defined Philosophy as organized bull****. Maybe the player did decide to attend graduate school for a semester to play another year, but why transfer? Big fish in a small pond?
              Maybe he wants a taste of winning at the collegiate level while attending school. In the 3 years at Eastern Illinois, the football team won a total of 5 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No. We signed YSU LB Malachi Newell in the late Spring.

He is tight with a few of our hoopsters which helped Tort get him. SRU went after him hard.

And, yes, Kelly (from Boro) will do very well here, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

$$
                  Not sure about that. Minus the HC and coordinators the rest aren't swimming in much cash. Most work second jobs at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

IUP is a significantly bigger school than Eastern Illinois.

Charleston, IL, isn't exactly Chicago. More like Indiana, PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He is tight with a few of our hoopsters which helped Tort get him. SRU went after him hard.

Now if they could only get another big DT to replace Shockley the defense would be all set

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        Now if they could only get another big DT to replace Shockley the defense would be all set
                        'Surprises' ... have faith.

Comment

'Surprises' ... have faith.
                          I believe Raunya Mitchell, Dajour Fsher, and Ayyub Dail will do just fine, if not better....unless 1 or 2 of the three are not coming back.
                          Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-06-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

We shall see how Newell plays out. Most of his playing time at Youngstown was on special teams, thanks to injuries. I been itching to see if Drew DiNunzio-Biss and/or Darrius Lloyd get some reps on defense.....unless either or both are not returning.

Comment

I believe Raunya Mitchell, Dajour Fsher, and Ayyub Dail will do just fine, if not better....unless 1 or 2 of the three are not coming back.
                              There is also Will Mayr who should be long past that broken leg he suffered in the Spring. I also think the coaches were happy with the freshmen who were in the spring camp. not as starters but as depth.

Comment

• d
                                Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

We shall see how Newell plays out. Most of his playing time at Youngstown was on special teams, thanks to injuries. I been itching to see if Drew DiNunzio-Biss and/or Darrius Lloyd get some reps on defense.....unless either or both are not returning.

DDB is a monster. His nickname is Smash for a reason. Star in the making.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X