Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    It's amazing. If that punt doesn't get blocked we would be talking about IUP's destiny to win the region.

When IUP recovered the onside kick I believe they were on Cal's 37 yard line with about a minute and a half to go. What could go wrong?
    The punt block may be irrelevant. At that point, IUP's D was toast. Cal was passing wherever it wanted. IUP didn't adjust at all. Awful coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well most places would get rid of the old guard coaches, since they are often complacent but in the end no person at IUP with the authority to do anything cares about 8-2 vs 10-0, trading games with Cal and Rock every year is just fine. Besides given the Iup budget, whoever they could hire might end up worse, like the Lou Tepoer,
      A lot of truth in that for alot of teams.

Like in the West...Cal, iup, and Rock are the 3 that want to win at fb and try very hard. So, they're going to win 7-8 games every year.

Now if every team cared about winning, a bad year might be 5-6 wins...and coaches might get fired more.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Problem is you can't play Clarion every week. Today was one of the worst losses ever at IUP.

No sugarcoating. Tort teams in these types of games ... it is getting old. VERY OLD.

Tort isn't going anywhere. As said earlier, his record will protect his job.

But ... I have doubts. Serious doubts.

He needs major staff shake-ups. I get those are all his buddies. But ... no way to excuse what we saw today. Unacceptable.
        Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 10-24-2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

A lot of truth in that for alot of teams.

Like in the West...Cal, iup, and Rock are the 3 that want to win at fb and try very hard. So, they're going to win 7-8 games every year.

Now if every team cared about winning, a bad year might be 5-6 wins...and coaches might get fired more.

Comment

• Spot on.

Comment

• Comment

• At this level with the exception of maybe 25 programs, football is an enrollment driver and that's it. As long as net tuition ROI is positive there's no real incentive to spend more. For a lot of programs, attendance at 3-8 is pretty similar to attendance at 8-3. If anything, more students would show and that doesn't do anything for the bottom line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

At this level with the exception of maybe 25 programs, football is an enrollment driver and that's it. As long as net tuition ROI is positive there's no real incentive to spend more. For a lot of programs, attendance at 3-8 is pretty similar to attendance at 8-3. If anything, more students would show and that doesn't do anything for the bottom line.

Comment

• Starbucks would never allow schools to drop the philosophy major. It's their main employee pipeline.

Comment

• EyeoftheHawk - 100% on point. I could not have said it better...

Comment

• Question is can SRU beat Cal? I can't see it happening but the game is at SRU.

Assuming for our sakes, of course, IUP can win out.

So long as they mentally recover IUP should win the next two fairly easily.

Comment

Question is can SRU beat Cal? I can't see it happening but the game is at SRU.

Assuming for our sakes, of course, IUP can win out.

So long as they mentally recover IUP should win the next two fairly easily.
                          Yes, IUP should win the next two games. just not sure what happens if they play West Chester or even making it to the PSAC Championship Game.

Comment

• Average expenses are $800k to $1M. That's payroll, travel, equipment, etc. 90-100 students times average net price of $22k means it's safe anywhere in PASSHE.

Comment

• My last comment on Oct 23 ... and I will then try to forever erase yesterday from my IUP sports memory:

I cannot get over how great the Cal crowd was. Cal doesn't stay in that game without the crowd, band and cheerleaders. That was a Cal home game. Sad but true. The Cal band was engaged. It played great music at all the right times.

I just wish IUP would understand this.

The IUP band sits in Siberia. They take the third quarter off (literally). Sometimes they even leave a massive game and go to DuBois. They play concert hall music and Ghostbusters. Now we have a DJ down there, too, playing music at the same time as the band.

The IUP section directly behind the team has the same rules as the campus library. Don't make a sound.

My plea for next year is to move the band back to the home bleachers. Make the first 15 rows of the section behind the team general admission. Get the students behind the team (not between the goal line and 20 yard line).

The atmosphere on the home side yesterday was so freaking awful it is hard to describe. And, no way they had 4,900 in there.

I can't even imagine what next week will look like in there.

Comment

My last comment on Oct 23 ... and I will then try to forever erase yesterday from my IUP sports memory:

I cannot get over how great the Cal crowd was. Cal doesn't stay in that game without the crowd, band and cheerleaders. That was a Cal home game. Sad but true. The Cal band was engaged. It played great music at all the right times.

I just wish IUP would understand this.

The IUP band sits in Siberia. They take the third quarter off (literally). Sometimes they even leave a massive game and go to DuBois. They play concert hall music and Ghostbusters. Now we have a DJ down there, too, playing music at the same time as the band.

The IUP section directly behind the team has the same rules as the campus library. Don't make a sound.

My plea for next year is to move the band back to the home bleachers. Make the first 15 rows of the section behind the team general admission. Get the students behind the team (not between the goal line and 20 yard line).

The atmosphere on the home side yesterday was so freaking awful it is hard to describe. And, no way they had 4,900 in there.

I can't even imagine what next week will look like in there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X