Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Agree 100%. Boro isn’t good. They’re a middle of the road team that will finish somewhere near the middle of the West standings. IUP, Cal, SRU, and Shepherd are the thoroughbreds, which is why you see Boro getting whipped by them on the regular. The Scots had their one shining moment last year at IUP. Credit to them for showing up to play that day when IUP didn’t. I don’t expect anything resembling last year on Saturday.
    Last year was a perfect storm. IUP was coming off the Cal debacle, Edinboro had a lot of upperclassmen reved up sky high, and, last years IUP team had some knucklehead 'leaders'.

Not to mention Irv Charles injured his hand in practice and didn't play.

The stars aligned. Worst loss in IUP history in my opinion. Boro came in to that game 1-6.

IUP 2022 and IUP 2021 are completely different animals. This team has great leaders. Last year's leaders were helmet tossers and yappers. Not to mention this team is just better -- better depth, coaching, morale, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Last year was a perfect storm. IUP was coming off the Cal debacle, Edinboro had a lot of upperclassmen reved up sky high, and, last years IUP team had some knucklehead 'leaders'.

The stars aligned. Worst loss in IUP history in my opinion. Boro came in to that game 1-6.

IUP 2022 and IUP 2021 are completely different animals. This team has great leaders. Last year's leaders were helmet tossers and yappers. Not to mention this team is just better -- better depth, coaching, morale, etc.
      Worst loss in history was most likely at Millersville prior to PSAC championship format when I believe Millersville was 1-9 and IUP was maneuvering for playoff seedling and they might of been 9-0 or 9-1 can’t recall year but ridiculous for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

I wouldn’t go as far as a statement game, because of the last 2 weeks… but I’d definitely say a revenge game… I think this is going to be a blow out… A mad hawks team on the road… yikes for The boro.
        They will be ready. A ton of guys were on the field last year and were totally embarrassed. Also Boro has a ton of starters that were Not involved in that game so they may be shell shocked early when IUP comes in pissed off. I do expect Boro to pull the old Marty from Hurst card with the trick plays, fake punts and onside kicks, guarantee on that.

Comment

I wouldn’t go as far as a statement game, because of the last 2 weeks… but I’d definitely say a revenge game… I think this is going to be a blow out… A mad hawks team on the road… yikes for The boro.
          Ok, so just for the record, I didn't say "statement game", I said they can make a statement. They have survived the first half of the season unscathed, although there have been some tight moments. At this point of the season, it will mean a lot as we move ahead to show that they can put it all together and are superior to these also rans. That's what I was trying to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

They will be ready. A ton of guys were on the field last year and were totally embarrassed. Also Boro has a ton of starters that were Not involved in that game so they may be shell shocked early when IUP comes in pissed off. I do expect Boro to pull the old Marty from Hurst card with the trick plays, fake punts and onside kicks, guarantee on that.
            Trick plays won’t matter if your down 21+ points. Expecting a big comeback game for D brown, especially after everyone realizing that you can’t only cover Brown you have to be on Ridley hard as well. Weather looks nice hoping to see this team air it out.

Comment

• Still hard to believe IUP lost to Edinboro last year. They should have way too much talent for that to happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It’s likely that IUP had two of it’s top five worst loses ever in back-to-back weeks last year. There have been some tough ones over the years but it’s hard to think of anything worse than the Cal game last season. In essence, they lost two games that day. I think it was Lou Holtz that said don’t let the same team beat you two weeks in a row, which is essentially what Cal did to IUP last season thanks to the hangover from the loss.

Now let’s quit talking about bad losses on game day!

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s likely that IUP had two of it’s top five worst loses ever in back-to-back weeks last year. There have been some tough ones over the years but it’s hard to think of anything worse than the Cal game last season. In essence, they lost two games that day. I think it was Lou Holtz that said don’t let the same team beat you two weeks in a row, which is essentially what Cal did to IUP last season thanks to the hangover from the loss.

Now let’s quit talking about bad losses on game day!
                  Hawks by 4 Touchdowns today.

Comment

Hawks by 4 Touchdowns today.
                    I’m looking for

1. win the game
                    2. improve discipline and execution- limit penalties and broken plays
                    3. stay healthy - take starters out asap
                    4. get 2s some good reps

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I’m looking for

1. win the game
                      2. improve discipline and execution- limit penalties and broken plays
                      3. stay healthy - take starters out asap
                      4. get 2s some good reps
                      In that order. 2 and 3 are probably interchangeable.

Comment

• Wind is going to be a big factor today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Wind is going to be a big factor today.
                          It's blowing for sure. Nice day aside from that.

Comment

• For all of the Adam Houser haters. 2 great runs just now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                              For all of the Adam Houser haters. 2 great runs just now.
                              He’ll have a hang nail soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He’ll have a hang nail soon.
                                ... and the 2-pointer, hater. Just to rub it in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X