Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

On July 12, it's all hype.
    Correct. But, some hype is justified. Others is not.

For instance, there's not a soul on here that could tell me -- based on who is coming back and those signed -- that even an 8-3 regular season wouldn't be a disappointment.

Perhaps those are expectations and not hype.

Only thing I can say for sure is there was a big money influx this off-season. With that comes expectations and (a lot of) hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. But, some hype is justified. Others is not.

For instance, there's not a soul on here that could tell me -- based on who is coming back and those signed -- that even an 8-3 regular season wouldn't be a disappointment.

Perhaps those are expectations and not hype.

Only thing I can say for sure is there was a big money influx this off-season. With that comes expectations and (a lot of) hype.
      I'm not saying that an 8-3 season wouldn't be a disappointment. But we don't know how any of these guys will fit. This is not the first time there's been a massive influx of hyped transfers into the program, combined with a nice returning cast. They can still lose week one. They have to travel to SRU. That's a great program and a tough environment. "Cal isn't what they used to be." Stop me, but I've heard that one before, and I've seen that movie too. Every year the margin for them against IUP is razor thin and the outcome is within a few plays of tilting the other way.

The makings for a great team are there, but right now everything is on paper. One injury can change that. One attitude can too. I hope it works out. I'm just taking a "wait and see" approach. I'm happy there's a good injection of energy into the program (fan interest, money, etc.). But a good program comes to Miller Stadium week one. After that, anything said by anyone up to that point is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Looks like you Indiana yinzers are getting a Texastan Roadhouse (good rolls) out along 286 in the future. Says Panera (good) and Applebees (EW) are interested in Indiana but no plans yet.

Hoss’s has sone competition.

https://www.wccsradio.com/2023/07/11...c_ref=facebook
        Is there still a Ruby Tuesday over there along 286? Many years ago went to a fraternity regional meeting at IUP and drank underage there during dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Is there still a Ruby Tuesday over there along 286? Many years ago went to a fraternity regional meeting at IUP and drank underage there during dinner.
          Amazingly, yes, it's still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Almost all of them closed in suburban Philly. There is still one open in Plymouth Meeting. The one that used to ge here in Exton is now an IHOP.

Comment

• The offense has received most of the attention on here this summer.

How are you Tort experts feeling about the other side of the ball?

* One massive addition (the biggest addition) is the return of DE Tyrone Fowler (who was lost for the season in last year's win against Slippery Rock). He has extreme upside (and will likely project to play beyond college). He is going to make a lot of OL very nervous.

* An interesting addition (of sorts) is DL Logan Danielson, who, after a very long time, will finally make his IUP debut. Recall he was extremely hyped up coming out of Thomas Jefferson (years ago) but for a variety of reasons has yet to play at IUP.

* Cole Weightman (DE) was thrown in to the fire as a true freshman a year ago and did very well. He's poised to make a big jump this year. Two other DEs, Maurice Feazell and Noah Vaughan, also return. Pass rushing should not be an issue.

* Drew DiNunzio-Biss returns at LB (he'll only be a Junior this year, football-wise).

* The famous freshmen secondary of a couple years ago are all very experienced juniors now.

* Message Board favorite (of sorts) ... "No. 11" returns for his senior year. Naszhir Taylor had his moments last season (mostly pretty good). He should be one of the top DBs in the league again this Fall.

* Darius Bruce and Jaheim Howard should have major breakout seasons.

* Dakendrick Daniels and Tai'Don Strickland should be candidates for big roles.

Comment

The offense has received most of the attention on here this summer.

How are you Tort experts feeling about the other side of the ball?

* One massive addition (the biggest addition) is the return of DE Tyrone Fowler (who was lost for the season in last year's win against Slippery Rock). He has extreme upside (and will likely project to play beyond college). He is going to make a lot of OL very nervous.

* An interesting addition (of sorts) is DL Logan Danielson, who, after a very long time, will finally make his IUP debut. Recall he was extremely hyped up coming out of Thomas Jefferson (years ago) but for a variety of reasons has yet to play at IUP.

* Cole Weightman (DE) was thrown in to the fire as a true freshman a year ago and did very well. He's poised to make a big jump this year. Two other DEs, Maurice Feazell and Noah Vaughan, also return. Pass rushing should not be an issue.

* Drew DiNunzio-Biss returns at LB (he'll only be a Junior this year, football-wise).

* The famous freshmen secondary of a couple years ago are all very experienced juniors now.

* Message Board favorite (of sorts) ... "No. 11" returns for his senior year. Naszhir Taylor had his moments last season (mostly pretty good). He should be one of the top DBs in the league again this Fall.

* Darius Bruce and Jaheim Howard should have major breakout seasons.

* Dakendrick Daniels and Tai'Don Strickland should be candidates for big roles.
                Have they retained another DT through the transfer market?

Also, didn't they get a mid-year LB transfer who could possibly end up as the other starter?

Comment

• IUP Game Pricing

The Crypt is $17 bucks.

Sections B and D are $15.

Everywhere else is General Admission at $11

All students are free…looks like visiting students get in free to the way it read in the Facebook post. They just have to show a valid student ID.

Comment

IUP Game Pricing

The Crypt is $17 bucks.

Sections B and D are $15.

Everywhere else is General Admission at $11

All students are free…looks like visiting students get in free to the way it read in the Facebook post. They just have to show a valid student ID.
                    Do those numbers include the extra fees they tack on per ticket (even at the gate)?

Comment

Do those numbers include the extra fees they tack on per ticket (even at the gate)?
                      No.

Comment

• I guess this is him going into the work force.

Comment

I guess this is him going into the work force.

I sound like my dad, but I'm really looking forward to the mullet going back out of style here soon. These guys look ridiculous lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I sound like my dad, but I'm really looking forward to the mullet going back out of style here soon. These guys look ridiculous lol
                            When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Have they retained another DT through the transfer market?

Also, didn't they get a mid-year LB transfer who could possibly end up as the other starter?

They were chasing several DL in the Portal but I can't say for sure if any of them actually signed.

One of the LBs they signed was from WVU (Ethan Hiester). He was a preferred walk-on at WVU after playing high school ball at Upper Saint Clair. He did go through spring ball at IUP. They had some good young backups at LB last year. We'll see who wins the the spot.

Comment

When the mullets go back out of style they can take the tattoo craze with them.
                                I don't mind the tattoo's. As long as you keep them off your head for the most part, then you just look ridiculous.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X