X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Small town versus big town, sure. Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
    I saw two restaurants facing the water on the map...five if you count the Taco Bell, the Mexican restaurant and the Chinese Buffet near the water.

Seems like there is high potential for something grander there...there is your opportunity...you can quit working for the enemy and be a big shot in Edinboro!
    Last edited by IUPNation; 10-18-2022, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Indians View Post

IUP on break this weekend thru Tuesday....... campus will be empty........
    True. But I think when students show up it's just seen as a bonus. Nobody really anticipates them attending. As Nation said they are pumping a ton of free tickets to the Indiana schools. Hopefully it works.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Indians
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, it's been a strange year. IUP's only had two home games this year (four on the road).

Regardless, they've had an average of 5,361 inside Miller Stadium this year.

As for this weekend, there won't be many excuses. The weather will be near 70 and sunny. Despite being a half hour away, there won't be any boost from Seton Hill at the gate. Oddly, SRU didn't travel down here nearly as well as it usually does. Even more strange, Mercyhurst had a huge crowd come to Indiana.

The first two games had themes ... HOF/Parents and then Homecoming. This will be a big test with an 0-7 team in town. I'd suspect they'll get about 4,000 through the gate. I'd love to see them crack 5,000 again but I'd be shocked.
    IUP on break this weekend thru Tuesday....... campus will be empty........

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Small town versus big town, sure. Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
    Yes but Sunset Grill doesn't have the best food but great views.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
    Hey, when hurricane season hits and one of the storms moves north, several establishments on the south end of the town are on water.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

Agreed playing IUP is everyone’s super bowl… But I don’t think this iup team plays down to competition like last year. I see the hawks come out firing and ready to go. I’ve heard good things about seton hills D, but Good weather means iup will be airing it out. Hawks 28+
    Its really not. Boro football has a tradition for Slippery Rock week - not for IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Tort played Lou Holtz for Halloween last night and essentially made it sound like they are playing Georgia on Saturday.

It will be nice to get another game at Miller Stadium. IUP's been on the road 6 of its past 8 games dating back to last season.

I suspect Seton Hill will come out ready to roll. Teams get up to play IUP. That's why it's so important to punch them in the mouth quickly and get rid of any delusions. Zap their morale quickly.
    Hopefully the Indiana school students getting the free tickets show up and make some noise..rattle the old bones in The Crypt.

Leave a comment:

• Crimsonhawkfanatic
    replied

Tort played Lou Holtz for Halloween last night and essentially made it sound like they are playing Georgia on Saturday.

It will be nice to get another game at Miller Stadium. IUP's been on the road 6 of its past 8 games dating back to last season.

I suspect Seton Hill will come out ready to roll. Teams get up to play IUP. That's why it's so important to punch them in the mouth quickly and get rid of any delusions. Zap their morale quickly.
    Agreed playing IUP is everyone’s super bowl… But I don’t think this iup team plays down to competition like last year. I see the hawks come out firing and ready to go. I’ve heard good things about seton hills D, but Good weather means iup will be airing it out. Hawks 28+

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Geez, almost two pages of fighting to go through, LOL. This brings back memories of PSACHomer! What ever happened to that guy? Hopefully not poking a sleeping bear here. :)
    The Personalities have him held hostage somewhere in the Mon Valley.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think there’s a letdown factor at play here. I think they’ve “held” the better teams below their averages because who really gets excited to play Seton Hill? Clarion did because it was a game they thought they could win. Same for Ship. The better teams just want to get it over with and get out of there without injury. I expect a little bit of a letdown on Saturday but not enough to make it interesting in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Geez, almost two pages of fighting to go through, LOL. This brings back memories of PSACHomer! What ever happened to that guy? Hopefully not poking a sleeping bear here. :)

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Seton Hill's defense has been pretty good -- for the most part. The Griffins' offense has been the killer.

Defensively, they've held some good offenses to respectable numbers -- SRU (30), Cal (21), ESU (22), Gannon (21). But, they've also had some flops -- Clarion put up 40 on them two weeks ago and Shippensburg got 36 on them earlier in the season. ESU's offense was much better earlier in the season. SRU moved the ball up and down but struggled to cross the goal line against them.

Offensively, they've scored 14 points combined against SRU/Cal.

Some of Tort's past teams would have caused concern for a 'fall asleep' performance. I don't have those worries this year.

Most recently, they've played well in two of their past three games -- losing to Gannon (by 11), Clarion (by 27) and Cal (by 7). Now, you can certainly make the case Cal wasn't real engaged 48 hours ago.

I would sure expect this game to be very similar to the Edinboro game.
    I think there’s a letdown factor at play here. I think they’ve “held” the better teams below their averages because who really gets excited to play Seton Hill? Clarion did because it was a game they thought they could win. Same for Ship. The better teams just want to get it over with and get out of there without injury. I expect a little bit of a letdown on Saturday but not enough to make it interesting in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I personally feel like Shepherd's offense is not quite as explosive this season, but a lot of that is due to new faces. Don't get me wrong. It's still a potent group, but maybe just a bit less explosive. Defensively, I feel like Shepherd is better. They still have some issues, but they generate turnovers a lot better and just seem to tackle better.
    Shepherd is certainly more explosive than Kutztown. I was less than impressed with Kutztown's offense Saturday. Their 29-10 win over Ship was convincing enough, but was due primarily to the dominance of their graduate- and senior-laden defense against Ship's young offense. Despite constantly being handed the ball in prime field position (I think they started at least 4-5 drives inside the Ship 40), they didn't score their second TD until well into the fourth quarter and settled for five FGs (fortunately for them, their kicker is the real deal). Their running game is decent and had a statistically good day, but they were also stoned on a number of occasions by a Ship defense starting three freshmen on the DL. Their ends are not particularly explosive — their first long TD was a blown coverage by Ship that left the receiver open by 20 yards. They had a ton of holding calls. Some of those might be attributed to PSAC officiating, but they ran some of those plays to my side and some of the holds — guys literally grabbing shoulder pads or jerseys — were pretty obvious. They had possession for a remarkable amount of time in the second half, almost 26 minutes, yet scored only 13 points in the half.

If they had a Shepherd or IUP offense to go with that defense, they'd be an awesome team. As it is, Shepherd is clearly the class in the East. I'm somewhat surprised Kutztown was able to put up 35 points on them and nearly win that one.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    The guy on this board that does not get a lot of “talk” and needs to be talked about is Greg Moore #93. Stetson transfer. The guy is an absolute monster!

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied

You'd have to go to Edinboro to see the sun in Edinboro. But I guess then the Coney wouldn't have someone to mop the floors.
    Negative, I drink red wine. They do not sell that at the coney.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X