X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

One or two injuries, which are bound to happen, and you will be doing some fist pumps behind your computer screen knowing the outlook of what you just said changed. Every time a team from IUP is hyped to this extent, they fail miserably. Get into the playoffs and go from there. I'm making no reservations for any weekend past the final week of the season.
    Absolutely not, would never cheer injuries to any players. It'll be interesting to see how all the talent gels in Indiana, WR's by nature are a pain in the ass and very selfish. A lot of mouths to feed there. If the OL is as good as advertised, that alone should take them a long way and is the true jewel of their offseason recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

One or two injuries, which are bound to happen, and you will be doing some fist pumps behind your computer screen knowing the outlook of what you just said changed. Every time a team from IUP is hyped to this extent, they fail miserably. Get into the playoffs and go from there. I'm making no reservations for any weekend past the final week of the season.
    I hear you ... but, that's not unique to IUP.

The lineup on Opening Night will unfortunately not be the same as the lineup at Clarion in early November. That's just football.

It appears, though, (as of June 9) that Tort will have more depth than any team he's had during his tenure.

I can say this ... I know our fancy new QB likes to run. But, well, I may close my eyes every time he takes off.

And, hopefully, Tort finally learned his lesson about playing stars in blowouts last year (because he's likely going to hammer some teams this Fall). Not once but twice Duane Brown was injured (two different seasons) while IUP was up by more than 30 points in the second half. Both were inexcusable.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Suffice it to say that there are reasons for optimism going into the '23 season. It will be interesting to see the starting lineup and full roster when the season gets underway.
    The 'full roster' is the key item.

Tort is signing transfers left and right (and enough WRs to fill up a bus).

So, the old IUP gear slinger either came in to some serious cash this off-season ... or, there's been some departures (which freed up money) that we don't know about yet. I really hope it's the first option. I do think in this crazy Twitter world ... we'd have heard about any departures.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Find something else. This one ain't working. Lol
    It absolutely works.

They are in perpetual revenge mode. Every little thing offends them and their fans. They are always slighted.

They are Swifties.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Suffice it to say that there are reasons for optimism going into the '23 season. It will be interesting to see the starting lineup and full roster when the season gets underway.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Don’t the Swifties already have Bagent 2.0 in the pipeline?
    Find something else. This one ain't working. Lol

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not sure how the rest of the region/league is going to compete with IUP this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CUlater View Post

At this point it’s NC or bust for this team…anything short is a failure
    Perhaps SR1 or bust.

That Final Four is a whole new ballgame (as the yearly SR1 beatings prove).

Leave a comment:

• CUlater
    replied

Not sure how the rest of the region/league is going to compete with IUP this year.
    At this point it’s NC or bust for this team…anything short is a failure

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Don’t the Swifties already have Bagent 2.0 in the pipeline?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

LOL

Yeah ... I've heard that once or twice before.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Seems to be adapting well to the brave new world of recruiting.
    …and must have found a Frank level of revenue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Perhaps somebody has connections for tickets to the Pittsburgh show next weekend lol
    Just know that Heinz Field will be completely surrounded by her fans who can’t get in…so I’d stay away.

:-)
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-08-2023, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

WR they signed today is a big dude ... in the 6'3", 210 lb range. WF listed him as a TE.

Tort is workin' that portal.
    Seems to be adapting well to the brave new world of recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• PSAC Fan
    replied
    Based on previous history, Shephard is always ready to compete.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X