Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

For sure. Some form of remuneration is realistically in order. If the Hoggies are on the Wildcats schedule for the following season, CWU can at least pick up the tab for the bus fare for the team from Kingsville to Ellensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
      For sure. Some form of remuneration is realistically in order. If the Hoggies are on the Wildcats schedule for the following season, CWU can at least pick up the tab for the bus fare for the team from Kingsville to Ellensburg.
      That'd be one long bus ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post

Comment

Not correct. It was a home & home, it was our turn to play at their place---remember last year they kicked our butts at our home opener. Ugly as all get out---beat us bad.

CWU has cancelled twice on us, not good.
          Last edited by HOGSVRR; 04-30-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
            Not correct. It was a home & home, it was our turn to play at their place---remember last year they kicked our butts at our home opener. Ugly as all get out---beat us bad.

CWU has cancelled twice on us, not good. How does that saying go? "Fuack me in the azz once, same on you, fauck in azz twice, same on me!"
            We had Montana cancel on us four times. We have played them twice in ten years. The joke was that we got paid more to not play Montana than we got paid to play them.

Comment

We were somewhat competitive the first half of that game, but they really turned it up after halftime. In my opinion, CWU was probably the 2nd best team in D2 last year, giving Commerce one of the toughest games (aside from their loss to MSU). I don't think CWU lost too much from last year so they may have another good year with a deep run in the POs.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                We were somewhat competitive the first half of that game, but they really turned it up after halftime. In my opinion, CWU was probably the 2nd best team in D2 last year, giving Commerce one of the toughest games (aside from their loss to MSU). I don't think CWU lost too much from last year so they may have another good year with a deep run in the POs.
                CWU was incredibly tough. VERY good team

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  We had Montana cancel on us four times. We have played them twice in ten years. The joke was that we got paid more to not play Montana than we got paid to play them.

Four times? Now that's a set pattern.

That's approaching Tarleton State's Brokebacks territory.

Comment

Four times? Now that's a set pattern.

That's approaching Tarleton State's Brokebacks territory.
                    What did we do?

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                      We lost the 2X GNAC DPOTY in Kevin Haynes, a couple other key defenders, and our DC. We lsot an AA quality TE, and a couple of key WRs. We will have two good RBs back, one who went down midway through the season with a broken leg (Cummings). CWU will have Hennessey back at QB. And most of our O Line.

Comment

• 2018 Schedules

I thought we renewed as part of a home and Home? Either way it stinks for us.

Yea they kicked our butts after we started the game looking good. From that point on it was pretty much downhill the rest of the season.
                        Last edited by LSC Fan; 04-30-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                          What did we do?
                          The Purple Pooh is what you do.

Comment

Well I understand why TAMUK fans would be upset, but this seems like great news for the Lions.

At least from my vantage point CWU does not have as tough a schedule on paper as ETSU can claim, so an equal number of games could mean a lot if my Lions end up with a loss. My generic power rankings make me think Winona, Humboldt and ENMU will drop off, and I don't see an obvious team ready to make a leap into contention.

My breakdown would be:

LSC - TAMU-C and Midwestern
                            NSIC - Duluth, Mankato and Sioux Falls
                            GNAC - CWU and Azusa
                            RMAC - Pueblo and Mesa

The LSC and GNAC teams listed all have only 10 games, and the GNAC has considerably easier non conference games than either LSC team as of today.

For reference:
                            CWU faces West Texas and Southwest Baptist
                            APU faces West Texas and Colorado Mines
                            Midwestern faces Humboldt and West Florida
                            Lions face CSU-P and William Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                              Well I understand why TAMUK fans would be upset, but this seems like great news for the Lions.

At least from my vantage point CWU does not have as tough a schedule on paper as ETSU can claim, so an equal number of games could mean a lot if my Lions end up with a loss. My generic power rankings make me think Winona, Humboldt and ENMU will drop off, and I don't see an obvious team ready to make a leap into contention.

My breakdown would be:

LSC - TAMU-C and Midwestern
                              NSIC - Duluth, Mankato and Sioux Falls
                              GNAC - CWU and Azusa
                              RMAC - Pueblo and Mesa

The LSC and GNAC teams listed all have only 10 games, and the GNAC has considerably easier non conference games than either LSC team as of today.

For reference:
                              CWU faces West Texas and Southwest Baptist
                              APU faces West Texas and Colorado Mines
                              Midwestern faces Humboldt and West Florida
                              Lions face CSU-P and William Jewell
                              Humboldt is in turmoil after nearly having their program shut down and their coach and most of the staff leave. They still don't have a HC. I will be surprised if they win more than half their games this year. I will not be surprised if Simon Fraser beats them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                                Humboldt is in turmoil after nearly having their program shut down and their coach and most of the staff leave. They still don't have a HC. I will be surprised if they win more than half their games this year. I will not be surprised if Simon Fraser beats them.
                                Are you guys up there still hearing rumblings about possibly heading to the LSC?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X