Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    I couldn't bear to watch the game today, but WT prevailed. Coveney started and got the win, with Starkey picking up the save. The final was 6-5; all Cameron runs were unearned. Normally that's not hard to understand, but I don't get this. How can a home run be UNEARNED, unless it was inside the park with multiple missed throws? Did anyone watch the game?

A. Warren homered to left field, unearned, 4 RBI; R. Long scored, unearned; B. Webb scored, unearned; B. Busby scored, unearned.
    If there is an error that allows a runner to reach base with 2 outs. Anything that happens after the third out should have been recorded is unearned.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      If there is an error that allows a runner to reach base with 2 outs. Anything that happens after the third out should have been recorded is unearned.
      That makes sense.

In looking to find examples of an unearned home run, I came across this video, though I believe this was not considered an error, as the fielder was using his head.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        Surely you mean anything after the point of the error until the 3rd out. Sans the error the runner should have been the 3rd out.

Comment

What a maddening year of softball in the LSC. A down year across the board. Looks like we may all be making the trip to Kinsgville for the conference tourney. Seems nobody wants to step out there and grab control of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
            What a maddening year of softball in the LSC. A down year across the board. Looks like we may all be making the trip to Kinsgville for the conference tourney. Seems nobody wants to step out there and grab control of the conference.

Not sure it'd down across the board. ASU and WT might not be as dominant as in recent years, but some of that may be to improvements in some of the other schools. Tarleton and Commerce were right there last year and are again this year. This year, it's Cameron and us that have joined the mix. The top six is just really tough.

I hope you are correct about the conference tourney. It would make for a busy May for the local hotels, with the national track championships a couple of weeks later.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Not sure it'd down across the board. ASU and WT might not be as dominant as in recent years, but some of that may be to improvements in some of the other schools. Tarleton and Commerce were right there last year and are again this year. This year, it's Cameron and us that have joined the mix. The top six is just really tough.

I hope you are correct about the conference tourney. It would make for a busy May for the local hotels, with the national track championships a couple of weeks later.
              Does the LSC baseball tourney go to the best record in conference play? We have another four game series at Angelo at the end of April which will be critical for both if that is the case. Getting the best of four against Tarleton and Cameron are a must right in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                Does the LSC baseball tourney go to the best record in conference play? We have another four game series at Angelo at the end of April which will be critical for both if that is the case. Getting the best of four against Tarleton and Cameron are a must right in the next couple of weeks.
                I believe the regular season champion hosts the conference tourney.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                  I believe the regular season champion hosts the conference tourney.
                  Well then..... Hopefully we can continue the trend of winning 3 out of 4 (and maybe sweep a couple) from here on out and we should be sitting pretty for chance to host assuming we get some additional help with others handing Angelo a couple of loses. It would make for a very busy May in Kingsville if the gals can win the softball regular season title and hopefully the weather will cooperate with a ton of sun and dry heat. I've had my fill of the cloudy stuff since the start of the year. I think you can count the number of days on both hands we've had sun up to sun down sunshine. A lot of fog and damp stuff and very Seattle weather like. We've had a few high school games suspended because of fog and these were games played in the afternoon/early evening too.

Comment

The TAMUK ladies did what they had to do and won the best of three up in Canyon this weekend. Going into April, the schedule is more favorable for the gals.

Comment

I watched online, again. WT has sketchy pitching. Good one game, terrible the next. They don't have a closer who can come in and protect a lead. From what I've witnessed this year, the LSC doesn't have any team that can make a run in the NCAA tournament.

I'm still not sold on Abrams at WT. I wonder what kind of great applicants McBroom would get if he put the "Help Wanted" sign out at Schaeffer Park in Canyon?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        I watched online, again. WT has sketchy pitching. Good one game, terrible the next. They don't have a closer who can come in and protect a lead. From what I've witnessed this year, the LSC doesn't have any team that can make a run in the NCAA tournament.

I'm still not sold on Abrams at WT. I wonder what kind of great applicants McBroom would get if he put the "Help Wanted" sign out at Schaeffer Park in Canyon?
                        Once again, Huggins remained benched for the series. In the final game, our fill-in left fielder, who starts when Starkey pitches, struck out twice in 3 at bats, keeping her batting average perfect at .000.

Congratulations to Kingsville, you're in the driver's seat.

Comment

• Comment

Once again, Huggins remained benched for the series. In the final game, our fill-in left fielder, who starts when Starkey pitches, struck out twice in 3 at bats, keeping her batting average perfect at .000.

Congratulations to Kingsville, you're in the driver's seat.
                            A lot of inexperienced coaches get caught up in playing favorites and not doing what is best to get the W. Personality clashes or the player isn't a good a brown noser can keep them off the field. Its easy to hide less talented players on a softball / baseball field. Its subjective!! Who I think might be the better player may not necessarily be the opinion of the next person. I managed baseball for some years until I was burnt out. It is a game of statistics so I always played the players who statistics were better for that situation or game. Usually the better hitters started the game and if the team had a lead late the better fielders came into game.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                              A lot of inexperienced coaches get caught up in playing favorites and not doing what is best to get the W. Personality clashes or the player isn't a good a brown noser can keep them off the field. Its easy to hide less talented players on a softball / baseball field. Its subjective!! Who I think might be the better player may not necessarily be the opinion of the next person. I managed baseball for some years until I was burnt out. It is a game of statistics so I always played the players who statistics were better for that situation or game. Usually the better hitters started the game and if the team had a lead late the better fielders came into game.
                              Yes, it's definitely a game of stats - or should be.

https://static.gobuffsgo.com/customp...s/TEAMCUME.HTM

Comment

Yes, it's definitely a game of stats - or should be.

https://static.gobuffsgo.com/customp...s/TEAMCUME.HTM
                                One last note that I saw too many coaches do with their batting line ups. For some the line up is set in concrete and doesn't change. We used an overall season average plus their last 5 games average to make our line up. It moved players up and down the line up and kept things competitive. Good luck the rest of the way

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X