Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * BREAKING NEWS *

Bryce Radford is entering the transfer portal.

Can't say this is a shocker. His path to court time would have been very murky moving forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      * BREAKING NEWS *

Bryce Radford is entering the transfer portal.

Can't say this is a shocker. His path to court time would have been very murky moving forward.
      His size was an issue on the defensive end!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

His size was an issue on the defensive end!
        So was his defense.

I felt he improved defensively as the year went on, but his scoring was never enough to justify the liability at the other end in my opinion. Seems like a good kid though. I hope it works out for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

So was his defense.

I felt he improved defensively as the year went on, but his scoring was never enough to justify the liability at the other end in my opinion. Seems like a good kid though. I hope it works out for him.
          I suspect he'll land in the MEC.

Comment

I suspect he'll land in the MEC.
            He can shoot the 3, perfect for West Liberty!

Comment

He can shoot the 3, perfect for West Liberty!
              Only saw him in limited sample size, but I wouldn't be opposed to that. If he's good enough to be recruited by Joe (and make it into Redshirt Joe's notoriously stingy rotation), he can clearly play. Howlett won't like to hear about defensive liabilities (if that's truly the book on him). But if he's willing to work, make smart basketball plays, and shoot it, I'd take him.

Comment

• The attractive thing for teams recruiting Bryce is he has 3 years' eligibility left. He was hurt his first year here and redshirted. His second year was the lost Covid season. And, then this past year, was his redshirt freshman season.

He's a great person and teammate, and is a very hard worker. He can light it up from deep. His drawback here was on the defensive end.

I think the reality is he wasn't going to play much this coming season. David Morris and Shawndale Jones will both log a ton of minutes. The next two guards are very good -- Kyle Polce and Dallis Dillard. And, of course, Joe will be signing yet another (point) guard in the coming days. So, Bryce would have entered the 22-23 season as the 6th guard in the rotation. And, well, the 6th guard in Joe's rotation doesn't actually play.

Bryce will be an academic senior in the Fall despite being a basketball redshirt sophomore. I think it was the wise choice based on timing and his age to find a place he could play immediately. He's a Day 1 starter at many schools in the Atlantic Region. Put him at Seton Hill or Clarion, etc., (with a green light) and he probably scores 15-17 ppg next season.

Comment

• About time Daryl Webb gets into the IUP HOF!

Comment

About time Daryl Webb gets into the IUP HOF!
                    Should have went in the year after he left. Why wait.

Comment

• Armoni is visiting Buffalo today and Morehead State later this week.

He visited Towson last week and will meet with Xavier next week.

Obviously, there is a connection at Morehead State.

Comment

Armoni is visiting Buffalo today and Morehead State later this week.

He visited Towson last week and will meet with Xavier next week.

Obviously, there is a connection at Morehead State.
                        Only Xavier would give him more exposure. Buffalo, Towson and Morehead are all subpar teams!

Comment

Only Xavier would give him more exposure. Buffalo, Towson and Morehead are all subpar teams!

IUP beat Morehead a couple years ago in a scrimmage. I surely couldn't see leaving to go there.

Comment

IUP beat Morehead a couple years ago in a scrimmage. I surely couldn't see leaving to go there.
                            Exactly my point. Buffalo and Towson are in the same boat.

Comment

• Imho IUP could beat d1 teams ranked below top 100, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                                Imho IUP could beat d1 teams ranked below top 100, at least.
                                I think IUP is a solid program but let's not get that far ahead of ourselves, as Townson and Buffalo both would both be a few levels up then the Crimson Hawks. Let's not forget there are teams like Syracuse (120) Maryland (119), and even Louisville (176) ranked below 100. IUP would have a shot at teams in the 300's though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X