Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    We'll learn about Armoni in the coming days. I have a feeling he's going to stay. Playing since December with one hand likely didn't help his chances of moving up.

I'd guess IUP gets one more year with Suliaman but that's likely it. His star is going to explode next year (most forget he was a freshman this year). Being from England, I could see him going back to play in their pro leagues after next season.

Ethan will hopefully get all that weight he lost back on. I know he lost about 30 lbs during his illness in Dec-Jan. He was playing around 205 at the end.
    Hypothetically, if YSU, Cleveland State, Bucknell or some other mid team in a mid-major conference came calling, do you think that would be enticing for someone like Armoni? Or if, hypothetically, he went to Pitt to be the 7th or 8th man?

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

Hypothetically, if YSU, Cleveland State, Bucknell or some other mid team in a mid-major conference came calling, do you think that would be enticing for someone like Armoni? Or if, hypothetically, he went to Pitt to be the 7th or 8th man?
      Hard to say. Leaving would be tough. They all know what is coming back next year.

Add to it IUP has a better atmosphere and facility than many, many mid-major programs.

Armoni is something like 96-8 at IUP with 3 straight PSAC titles. So, he doesn't lose much. Going to a rebuild for one year just to say it was D1 ... I still have my doubts.

If he stays, they will be much, much better next year than they were this year.

Granted, I'm probably biased in my hope he stays.

I also heard Joe promised he could play 40 minutes a game next year instead of 39.75 mpg. Lol

Comment

• Rumor circulating IUP is after another player from the WPIAL. Stay tuned.

Comment

Rumor circulating IUP is after another player from the WPIAL. Stay tuned.
          Joe must know what he wants. lol

Comment

• Former IUP assistant Lamont Paris (most recently the head coach at Chattanooga) is expected to be named the HC at South Carolina today. Per reports he agreed to a 5-year deal.

Comment

• Full week since the season ended ... I thought if IUP got to today with no portal entries ... things would be safe.

That said, I think there was only one of major significance in play.

I do anticipate we'll see a name or two from the deep bench appear in the coming weeks. This will likely be the result of Joe needing to clear some roster space.

Comment

Full week since the season ended ... I thought if IUP got to today with no portal entries ... things would be safe.

That said, I think there was only one of major significance in play.

I do anticipate we'll see a name or two from the deep bench appear in the coming weeks. This will likely be the result of Joe needing to clear some roster space.
                I said today is the day.

Comment

• Looks like the KCAC cleaned house. Just about every full-time job over there is now open.

Comment

Looks like the KCAC cleaned house. Just about every full-time job over there is now open.
                    But not the job of point guard, right? ; )

Good to see that your roster has, so far, avoided the dreaded TP curse. I understand the point of the TP, but I hate what it's doing to teams from a fan standpoint.

Comment

Looks like the KCAC cleaned house. Just about every full-time job over there is now open.
                      They were already short staffed. Hmmmm

Comment

• Assuming Armoni does actually depart, does Joe now get involved with Fred Mulbah or Miykah McIntosh?

Comment

• Armoni has entered the transfer portal per his Twitter account.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            Armoni has entered the transfer portal per his Twitter account.

I hope he lands in the right situation. Armoni was the ultimate foundation rock for IUP the past several years. To play the second half this year in the condition he was in was incredible. Find me how many right-handed point guards can play 3 months with their right hand at about 10 percent health -- among several other injuries. Armoni's win-loss record at IUP is off the charts, and his teams have hosted the past three regionals (that IUP played a season).

Armoni is a smart guy. He's not going to leave for just any D1 offer that comes along. Who knows. If the right fit doesn't come along his IUP story may have another chapter. It's a tough road for guards to get a shot in the big leagues coming out of D2. The big guys seem to have much more success. I'd guess Armoni will get a lot of mid-major action in the coming days.

I know when they played at Illinois this year in front of 15,000 people (and he was 100%) ... he was one of the best players in the building that night.

Comment

I hope he lands in the right situation. Armoni was the ultimate foundation rock for IUP the past several years. To play the second half this year in the condition he was in was incredible. Find me how many right-handed point guards can play 3 months with their right hand at about 10 percent health -- among several other injuries. Armoni's win-loss record at IUP is off the charts, and his teams have hosted the past three regionals (that IUP played a season).

Armoni is a smart guy. He's not going to leave for just any D1 offer that comes along. Who knows. If the right fit doesn't come along his IUP story may have another chapter. It's a tough road for guards to get a shot in the big leagues coming out of D2. The big guys seem to have much more success. I'd guess Armoni will get a lot of mid-major action in the coming days.

I know when they played at Illinois this year in front of 15,000 people (and he was 100%) ... he was one of the best players in the building that night.
                              If he moves on, big loss for you guys for sure. It would obviously be mitigated somewhat if Jones returns, and I'm sure IUP will be in the hunt for a good replacement. Some of the guards that are in the portal will surely have some suitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If he moves on, big loss for you guys for sure. It would obviously be mitigated somewhat if Jones returns, and I'm sure IUP will be in the hunt for a good replacement. Some of the guards that are in the portal will surely have some suitors.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X