X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

I only saw bits and pieces of the mens game last night. Blake's diminishing minutes continued, why? Vaughns minutes up... maybe b/c of the team they were facing? The three point shooting struggled a bit? 66% from the line is down for the second game in a row.

What's the take gentlemen?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

As we said the other day .... big picture these games are meaningless. How her injury was handled was very scary.

Leave a comment:

• Feedoggie
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I agree. Jesus, blow the whistle and get the player immediate medical attention. That is completely unacceptable!

One thing you can say about the IUP gals is that they do seem to be very good people. They were probably horrified at what they saw and were indeed affected by it. I can't say that I blame them much for it.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Big gift to the IUP women. cal losses to mercyhurst.
    Whoa!!! It's freakin' Christmas in January for IUP lasses!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Impossible ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Big gift to the IUP women. cal losses to mercyhurst.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lol. Yeah ... around these parts it's frowned upon to ever mention anything negative about the football program or the women's basketball team.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'm no expert on the women's side ... I watch them twice a year (Boro and Cal) and then in March. I see the ends of some of their games prior to the men's games.

But, basketball is basketball.

The theme I see in every Cal loss is that Tom's finesse style just doesn't work against the Vulcans. Coach Strom, to her credit, takes Megan Smith out of the game.

Quite frankly, Tom's team just needs to get tougher. Cal is far more physical and aggressive. IUP plays very timid against California. That could be an intimidation thing. Who knows.
    The same team that won at Edinboro six days ago was not the team in the Angelo Dome last night.

If they don't figure out a way to play tougher against them I can't see any of the upcoming (at least one more) meetings having any different outcome. When you take away the three-ball from Tom, they become a much different (worse) team. Cal has mastered it. Without the three spreading the floor, Appleby gets a little crazy and out of control (8 TOs last night).

If last night was a once-off performance ... you chalk it up to the bad night ... shots not falling ... etc. But ... as ICH often says ... we've seen this movie before. Several times.

There has to be a Plan B for when Megan can't carry the load. Appleby flying to the basket isn't going to work.

It's only one loss. The rematch will be at the KCAC. But ... will anything be any different?
    I've actually been saying this for a number of years now---and not just with this current crop of IUP WBB players. It has been a problem. Z Tracey, Staci Heberling and Kylie Miller were the last bunch that was tough enough to stand up to the Lady Vulcans on a consistent basis. But seems like every time that I open my mouth about something wrong at IUP I become a university pariah. The 2014 QB situation quickly comes to mind.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

That was scary. She didn't know where she was ... and the game went on like another 45 seconds or so.

I was watching the game saying to myself blow the dang whistle.

That should actually be reviewed by the home office how it was handled. The officials needed to stop the game and attend to her. No game is that important.
    I agree. Jesus, blow the whistle and get the player immediate medical attention. That is completely unacceptable!

One thing you can say about the IUP gals is that they do seem to be very good people. They were probably horrified at what they saw and were indeed affected by it. I can't say that I blame them much for it.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That was scary. She didn't know where she was ... and the game went on like another 45 seconds or so.

I was watching the game saying to myself blow the dang whistle.

That should actually be reviewed by the home office how it was handled. The officials needed to stop the game and attend to her. No game is that important.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

I'm no expert on the women's side ... I watch them twice a year (Boro and Cal) and then in March. I see the ends of some of their games prior to the men's games.

The theme I see in every Cal loss is that Tom's finesse style just doesn't work against the Vulcans. Coach Strom, to her credit, takes Megan Smith out of the game.

Quite frankly, Tom's team just needs to get tougher. Cal is far more physical and aggressive. IUP plays very timid against California. That could be an intimidation thing. Who knows. The same team that won at Edinboro six days ago was not the team in the Angelo Dome last night.

If they don't figure out a way to play tougher against them I can't see any of the upcoming (at least one more) meetings having any different outcome. When you take away the three-ball from Tom, they become a much different (worse) team. Cal has mastered it. Without the three spreading the floor, Appleby gets a little crazy and out of control (8 TOs last night).

If last night was a once-off performance ... you chalk it up to the bad night ... shots not falling ... etc. But ... as ICH often says ... we've seen this movie before. Several times.

There has to be a Plan B for when Megan can't carry the load. Appleby flying to the basket isn't going to work.

It's only one loss. The rematch will be at the KCAC. But ... will anything be any different?
    I watch about the same amount of womens hoops as you, but the interesting thing was that the Cal run occured right after the major collision that left the Cal player wandering the court aimlessly until someone finally decided to take her out of the game. Almost seemed like IUP got rattled by that. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Quite frankly, Tom's team just needs to get tougher. Cal is far more physical and aggressive. IUP plays very timid against California. That could be an intimidation thing. Who knows. The same team that won at Edinboro six days ago was not the team in the Angelo Dome last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Well, Siearra Barrett was out for Cal last evening. It didn't seem to matter much.

The really sad thing about the loss is that IUP could have really grabbed an inside track towards homecourt to host the conference tourney and very possibly the regions come March.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Factor in one of his wins was after Cal star Micki Glenn was lost for the season last year.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

A look inside the IUP women's annual beatdown in California:

* Leading scorer Megan Smith was held to 7 points on 3 of 13 shooting (0-5 from deep)

* Brittany Robinson finished with a game-high 16 points (all in the first half) but sat almost the entire third quarter with foul trouble. This changed the whole game. Cal had no answer for her. Without her, IUP went in to disarray.

* Lauren Wolosik was held to 3 points in 39 minutes

* IUP committed a whopping 20 turnovers (Cal got 17 points off these TOs)

* IUP was held to just 53 points -- 24 below its season average

* Tom drops to 2-9 against California (women's last win in California was during the 2012-13 season)
    Wow! Former IUP coaches like Curt Cignetti and Jeff Dow got taken to the proverbial woodshed by IUP fans for their lack of success against the likes of Cal and Rock. But even those guys had a better record than that. That's not good.

-

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X