X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

The video posted showing the Virginia State after-game brawl ... that could have easily been the IUP/SRU game at the KCAC earlier this year. Luckily several SRU players grabbed their teammate as he was headed toward Row 1.

That's a dicey subject in basketball. The distance from court to heckler ... you're talking less than 3'. Once the first guy goes ... then it gets messy as you see in that video.

It's an interesting element at the KCAC.

The night of the SRU game, the staff let said heckler have free rain for a long time. The SRU bench finally complained and then security came over to 'calm' him down. Near the end of the game it started again and almost ended badly. Luckily some cooler heads prevailed among the other SRU players on the floor. They stopped him instead of following him.

Most places aren't equipped to handle those brawls. You'll see a handful of student 'security' guards on hand. Some places have hired security guards or even hired police on hand. But, when you start talking about guys of this size and strength ... not easy to restrain them if they go off the deep end.

Fans have the right to cheer and talk some smack. I do think there's a fine line, however.

My guess is that VA State incident didn't just happen at the conclusion of the game randomly. It almost assuredly started during the game and then escalated afterward. It's probably a preventable situation if the event staff is actually paying attention.

Go back to the IUP/Gannon football brawl this year. That handshake line NEVER should have happened. When that final horn went the event staff, security and police should have been at midfield between the teams. Ray Charles saw that fight coming. Once it starts ... good luck breaking it up quickly.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Lol ...

Lil Uzi sold out the KCAC ... then showed up 3 hours late and probably baked out of his mind.

That was a big stink ... half the place left and as word spread he was actually going to show up everybody came back. The KCAC treats concerts like airport security. Once you leave you don't get back in ... no exceptions. I heard it was a near riot students were so ticked off.

I will admit the Beach Boys concert was fantastic. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat. They have two originals on tour but the 'ringers' are fantastic singers.

And, unlike your boy Uzi, they showed up on time !!
    The Beach Boys concert back in November was indeed fantastic. I'm with you, I'd be there again as well. The crazy thing is that I actually had some trepidation about buying the $40+ ticket and attending as I figured that even if 76-year old Mike Love and 75-year old Bruce Johnston physically showed up they would probably have hardly any actual participation. And I also wondered who was going to be able to pull off the Brian and Carl Wilson falsetto parts. How very wrong I was on both counts. Mike and Bruce would put just about anybody to shame with their performance. I don't know how they can do all of that at their age. They were both incredible. I never saw anyone command a concert hall like Mike did. He was truly fabulous. And when I heard that Jeffery Foskett was there, I knew we were in for a night of some magical music. Brian and Carl could not do those parts any better than Jeff. He was good enough to have actually been a Beach Boy back in the day. He's pretty well known in surf rock circles.

The best part was that I was able to take my 11-year old niece to the concert and give her a chance to hear something great. She must have liked it as she bought a $30 Beach Boys t-shirt on the way out. Yikes!

I'm currently reading Dean Torrence's memoir on Jan and Dean.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll crack up if SRU gets caught looking ahead and loses at Cal this Saturday. Classic trap game with Joe looming.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That's sweet. The Rock is going to make it a special night for IUP.

Nothing better than silencing Morrow.

Leave a comment:

• Feedoggie
    replied

whoops, sorry

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied

IUP vs. Slippery Rock will be a White Out Night.

Should be a great game, hope to see a decent IUP contingent in attendance.

http://www.rockathletics.com/news/20...t-indiana.aspx

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lol ...

Lil Uzi sold out the KCAC ... then showed up 3 hours late and probably baked out of his mind.

That was a big stink ... half the place left and as word spread he was actually going to show up everybody came back. The KCAC treats concerts like airport security. Once you leave you don't get back in ... no exceptions. I heard it was a near riot students were so ticked off.

I will admit the Beach Boys concert was fantastic. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat. They have two originals on tour but the 'ringers' are fantastic singers.

And, unlike your boy Uzi, they showed up on time !!

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Goodness, I see that singer Judy Collins is coming to the KCAC. I wasn't even aware that she was still alive.

But at least these golden oldies are better than these contemporary acts they book like that Little Uzi Bert guy or whatever he called himself.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I was wondering that myself ... Tom called off the dogs last night. They easily could have put up 100-110 in that game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Tom's ladies improved to 17-1 last night with an 86-60 win over Seton Hill. The same Seton Hill who somehow defeated Cal.

The Cal and Boro women's teams also won big last night.
    Don't know how SH beat Cal. They certainly didn't look like were on the same level as Cal, IUP and Boro last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tom's ladies improved to 17-1 last night with an 86-60 win over Seton Hill. The same Seton Hill who somehow defeated Cal.

The Cal and Boro women's teams also won big last night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I don't think I agree with this. I thought SH had a lot of great looks but just didn't make anything. Offensively I thought they looked good but defensively I thought they had lapses.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Blake is one of the more confusing players here in a long time. Ask anybody close to the team and they'll all say he can just zing it from deep. You see flashes of his shot in games but it's just always off lately. There will come a time when he's going to be needed. He's actually a big dude. Stand near him and he's every bit of 6'7" and 230 lbs. I'd like to see him play to that size more. But he's a senior. It's time. If he gets out of this mental slump that's just another weapon.

Dante had a big night but I agree ... we've seen this a lot against these type of teams. They need this on the bigger stage.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I thought Jack had mentioned he was under the weather on the radio broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I must have missed that... I switched to the TV broadcast a few minutes before the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Tonight was Dante's best game in a long time. He was sharp, CALM and in control.

Willem had a massive game.

Glover went nuts again ... don't think he had a shot touch the rim all night. Seemed like it anyway.

They are running more and more offense in to Willem. It's really changing the dynamic. Early on they were very hesitant with him.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X