Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daaaaaaaaaaaaaan. (Yeah, Stugotz?)

A high-scoring guard from West Virginia who helped in a reserve role on a PSAC champion team. Transferred back home for more playing time and scored 13 points a game.

And just like that. Make no mistake about it.

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
      Daaaaaaaaaaaaaan. (Yeah, Stugotz?)

A high-scoring guard from West Virginia who helped in a reserve role on a PSAC champion team. Transferred back home for more playing time and scored 13 points a game.

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!
      Excellent

Great mid-year addition

Comment

• Bryce Radford returning as a mid-year transfer is extremely interesting. He's obviously not coming back to ride pine.

He instantly bulks up the guard room and gives Joe a serious deep threat.

Radford can play all three guard spots, and is a good locker room guy.

I think this is great news for the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
          Daaaaaaaaaaaaaan. (Yeah, Stugotz?)

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!
          Great offensive addition and great locker room leader. Let’s also not forget how much of a defensive liability he was at this level. That’s exactly why he didn’t see more PT previous.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Great offensive addition and great locker room leader. Let’s also not forget how much of a defensive liability he was at this level. That’s exactly why he didn’t see more PT previous.
            IUP really needed to add some scoring, especially with Petteno not meeting expectations on offense or defense and Stewart not exactly asserting himself as a scorer. I assume Bryce has matured a bit since he was here, not saying that he was immature then. He’s just a little older and maybe physically stronger with improved basketball IQ. As long as he doesn’t come in and try to do too much it’s an addition that should make IUP better.

Any word on Tomiwa transferring back? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP really needed to add some scoring, especially with Petteno not meeting expectations on offense or defense and Stewart not exactly asserting himself as a scorer. I assume Bryce has matured a bit since he was here, not saying that he was immature then. He’s just a little older and maybe physically stronger with improved basketball IQ. As long as he doesn’t come in and try to do too much it’s an addition that should make IUP better.

Radford should allow for Clarke and Dallis to take a couple breaks (and not play 37 mpg). Bryce can also shoot from all over which other teams have to watch. He helps spread the floor. I don't think Joe's bench guards were striking fear in to anybody.

Comment

• Porterfield is a "Game-time decision" tonight per WCCS.

​​​​​​With his status (already not practicing) I was expecting a mid-year post player addition. Maybe it still happens.

If he's only going to play once this week, tonight is the one they need him.
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-18-2023, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Bryce Radford returning as a mid-year transfer is extremely interesting. He's obviously not coming back to ride pine.

He instantly bulks up the guard room and gives Joe a serious deep threat.

Radford can play all three guard spots, and is a good locker room guy.

I think this is great news for the program.
                  I’d be more excited if he grew 6 inches and gained 50 lbs while he was away.

Comment

Porterfield is a "Game-time decision" tonight per WCCS.

​​​​​​With his status (already not practicing) I was expecting a mid-year post player addition. Maybe it still happens.

If he's only going to play once this week, tonight is the one they need him.
                    I fully expect Ethan to play both games. We’ve seen this often with him where it looks like he’s not going to play but then he’s out there. Maybe Joe will limit his minutes some but we’ve also gotten reports that he might not play only to watch him go for 35 minutes. At this point let’s just assume he’s going to be a permanent fixture on the injury report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I’d be more excited if he grew 6 inches and gained 50 lbs while he was away.
                      He could be coming in to back up Damir Brooks. Lol.

Joe's running out of guards to play in the low post.

Comment

I fully expect Ethan to play both games. We’ve seen this often with him where it looks like he’s not going to play but then he’s out there. Maybe Joe will limit his minutes some but we’ve also gotten reports that he might not play only to watch him go for 35 minutes. At this point let’s just assume he’s going to be a permanent fixture on the injury report.
                        I also think Ethan will play tonight. I could see him playing in a limited capacity tomorrow. Luckily, the tougher of the two games is first.

That said, I can't imagine what lineup we'd see without him. I think Joe has to get Waldo some minutes so he's at least somewhat ready if the night comes that Ethan can't go. Joe would have KJ starting at center.

Comment

I wasn't saying Radford lacked maturity and basketball IQ. His physical nature or lack there of was attacked. When other guards are 6 inches or more taller than him, it's easy to exploit. That's all I was saying.

Comment

I also think Ethan will play tonight. I could see him playing in a limited capacity tomorrow. Luckily, the tougher of the two games is first.

That said, I can't imagine what lineup we'd see without him. I think Joe has to get Waldo some minutes so he's at least somewhat ready if the night comes that Ethan can't go. Joe would have KJ starting at center.
                            Just stop with the KJ talk. I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I wasn't saying Radford lacked maturity and basketball IQ. His physical nature or lack there of was attacked. When other guards are 6 inches or more taller than him, it's easy to exploit. That's all I was saying.
                              I didn’t take it that way. I was agreeing with you and taking it a step further by saying he might be a little more seasoned this time around.

I liked him when he was here the first time and I thought his defensive effort was very good. The results just weren’t there overall at that time, but it’s a different time now.

Comment

• Lambert either doesn’t have a red light to shoot, or doesn’t care lol. I like the fearlessness.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X