• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I think there will be an unfortunately underwhelming crowd tonight. As you mentioned, the IHS game plus Edinboro is hosting Cal in the women's tournament at the same time.

Great point. I forgot about the Cal/Boro game. That's a huge one.

I said I wasn't going on Saturday ... of course I lied. Thick and thin, right.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Hopefully it's not an indication of attendance tonight but there are a TON of season tickets that weren't renewed for this evening. Obviously the events from Seton Hill likely contributed.

Season ticket holders had until 5:30 p.m. Monday night to buy their seats and then they became available to the public.

One item that won't help matters is Indiana High School has its second-round playoff game tonight at Fox Chapel High School. IHS draws decent and has a nice following for a high school.

After all the excitement at the Edinboro game the other night I could see them bringing some extra fans ... but that's a long haul home on a weeknight.
    I think there will be an unfortunately underwhelming crowd tonight. As you mentioned, the IHS game plus Edinboro is hosting Cal in the women's tournament at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Urinated on the field ?!?!?!

Wow. How's that even possible? LOL.

Last Saturday, they had a kid come in who never plays and his job was just to go after Glover. It worked. Same official called both technicals. One from 50' away. That's a scary situation. One team going to the postseason and one team that stinks with nothing to lose ... putting in a goon to do what he did.

I don't complain about officials on here. I believe it all balances itself out over a game -- often intentionally (different story) -- but IUP got hosed. I can't wait until next year when Joe purposely hangs 50 on them.

I'd love to see what happened in the Seton Hill / West Chester brawl earlier this year. But, of course, the PSAC took the video down. The league likes to handle such incidents as if they never actually happened. Luckily, Westmoreland Sports covered the game last week so we could all watch it again.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Seton Hill had a "goonish" reputation going back to their days in the WVIAC. Lot's of personal fouls and near fights in WLU vs Seton Hill football games and their players actually urinated on the midfield logo at WLU before one game. Of course the best revenge for that was going out and hanging 80 on them (that was back when WLU had a offense!!)!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Hopefully it's not an indication of attendance tonight but there are a TON of season tickets that weren't renewed for this evening. Obviously the events from Seton Hill likely contributed.

Season ticket holders had until 5:30 p.m. Monday night to buy their seats and then they became available to the public.

One item that won't help matters is Indiana High School has its second-round playoff game tonight at Fox Chapel High School. IHS draws decent and has a nice following for a high school.

After all the excitement at the Edinboro game the other night I could see them bringing some extra fans ... but that's a long haul home on a weeknight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Can anybody remember the last time IUP was a double-digit home underdog?

I'd guess not since Joe's first year when he had to start from scratch. Prior to that it might be pre-Kanaski.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yep ... that scrub plays about 8 minutes a game. Mission accomplished.

It won't be forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

It sounded like Joe was very humble with that Gazette article. He really had every rite to trash the referees and the dirt bag Seton Hill players. I'll do it for him...

First off, the refs had no control of the game. Calling absolutely nothing the whole game and then calling a bunch of technicals late is not controlling the game. What that crew did is possibly ruin the season for one team and let another team be dirt bags because their season was already over. Seton Hill had not a care in the world. All thy wanted to do is beat on the top dawg. In a situation like that, the officials have to call a little tighter game to keep honest.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

To clarify, I meant he seemed a little defeated on his show ... not the text in the article. Tony was trying to bait him ... and he caught himself a few times. Joe's a professional at keeping his cards close to the vest.

I don't think he'll burn the redshirt, either. Then again, if they are, he sure wasn't going to tell the world about it.

The surprise factor is the only thing they have going at this point.

This is a 'referee' game now for IUP. If they nitpick everything and IUP gets in foul trouble .... turn off the lights. You'll be able to tell a lot tomorrow by which crew walks out of the tunnel.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

I tend to agree - he could have complained about officiating, goons, and other things, and no one would have faulted him, but he is moving forward. I do get the impression he's going to not make major identity changes, just play with the next man up, hope to get someone that plays up to the challenge - didn't sound to me like he would burn fosters redshirt.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Joe addressed the situation in the Gazette today. Lot of quotes.

One interesting one: We're going to play everybody available on the roster.

The article never mentioned Foster playing.

It also said Dante has a broken bone near his hand and is officially out of the PSAC Tournament. It didn't state if he could return if there is a next weekend.

He took a little jab at Seton Hill at the end of the article ... assuming at Spencer Casson.

I could be reading it wrong but Joe seemed a little defeated.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Joe addressed the situation in the Gazette today. Lot of quotes.

One interesting one: We're going to play everybody available on the roster.

The article never mentioned Foster playing.

It also said Dante has a broken bone near his hand and is officially out of the PSAC Tournament. It didn't state if he could return if there is a next weekend.

He took a little jab at Seton Hill at the end of the article ... assuming at Spencer Casson.

I could be reading it wrong but Joe seemed a little defeated.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Can't compare it to previous years but thanks to the PSAC app I've watched a ton of PSAC basketball this season and the refs have been terrible. Last night's Edinboro game they kept calling some dubious fouls including a ton of charges. Then when they came out of halftime and very few charging calls even though I didn't notice players adjusting their play.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No biggie ... just find the lost 36ppg on the bench somewhere. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I said it before that Glover being suspended isn't right!!! The PSAC refs especially that hack crew and Commish are a dang joke!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X