X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

I know. I'm mocking the Gannon fan base. They want him fired yearly.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Vaughns didn't dress.
    Was unaware because it was never said on the broadcast. Any reason?

No way Reilly is on the hot seat. Slippery Rock is a solid team and Gannon struggled to shoot today from what I saw. Cold shooting happens...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Reilly back on hot seat in Erie.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Vaughns didn't dress.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Slippery Rock knocks off Gannon 72-61
    Hurst beats Boro 80-79

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

So I kind of understand Vaughns not getting much run today because SH played a ton of zone BUT no run in garbage time???

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Talked to my buddy today ... big Seton Hill supporter (there aren't many).

He says they're coming up here to win tonight. They like the matchups.

Morale is a dangerous thing.

Of course, I told him IUP hears that often.
    blah blah blah... Every team comes to IUP talking that lingo!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Talked to my buddy today ... big Seton Hill supporter (there aren't many).

He says they're coming up here to win tonight. They like the matchups.

Morale is a dangerous thing.

Of course, I told him IUP hears that often.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It would be interesting to see the results of a player poll on where they feel is the toughest place to play.

Leave a comment:

• Feedoggie
    replied

That gym makes me claustrophobic. Maybe it does the same to the players.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

My favorite IUP game was when the NCAA made IUP and Edinboro play a basketball game in North Carolina. My best friend and I made that trip in 26 hours round trip.

As a student we had a lot of fun taunting Gary Edwards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yep ... I have the game on VHS. Campus TV used to play them back and I taped it.

Rodney Horton went completely crazy that game. I'll still never forget Cal's big power forward, Ru-Shaun Roberts, getting that thunderous break away dunk in OT to seal it and turning to the IUP student section and giving the 'Sssshhhhh' sign.

That was the loudest night, by far, I ever heard the Field House. The KCAC doesn't come close. Recall, too, back then Cal would bring 300-400 fans up with them. You can see in the tape there were no aisles on either side of the bleachers. They turned in to seats.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I was at that game in Clarion. IUP escaped with a win in the final seconds. I think it was 68-67. They had no answer for Daddy that night. It was very loud in there. Clarion should have won. They missed some foul shots in the final minute. With the design of the gym you can't hear much and everything echos. I also recall the ride home that night was just horrendous. The highway from Clarion down to New Bethlehem was just buried in snow. I pulled over twice. Clarion's wrestling team all attended the game that night and sat right across from the IUP bench in the front several rows. Inside Tippin the front row is essentially the three point line arc. They just hammered the IUP team from warmups until the final buzzer.

The win at WL was great. IUP had a nice, loud contingent there. The Norfleet three was quite a moment. Dyer went nuts that game.

My other favorite road game aside from the night at Seton Hill was also a loss ... when IUP lost the PSAC final at the Hammermill 3-4 years ago. Gannon hit that deep walk-off three at the buzzer. The result stunk from our side but it was a great game. Ride home sucked.

I forget what year it was now but Rock really hyped up the IUP visit. Place was nuts. They have big bleachers and also the walks up in the air behind the baskets. It was jammed. Joe smoked them. It went from insane to wooden bleachers with 15 minutes left. I think it was Marcel's senior year.

In all my years, though, nothing compares to Edwards vs Brown games in either Hamer or the Field House. Those were the best crowds I've ever seen at IUP -- football or basketball.

Cal OT win in the Field House (1998) is the most exciting game to this day I've ever seen at IUP.
    That Cal game was some of my first experiences of IUP basketball. That game was the start of my dislike for them and Brown! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I was at that game in Clarion. IUP escaped with a win in the final seconds. I think it was 68-67. They had no answer for Daddy that night. It was very loud in there. Clarion should have won. They missed some foul shots in the final minute. With the design of the gym you can't hear much and everything echos. I also recall the ride home that night was just horrendous. The highway from Clarion down to New Bethlehem was just buried in snow. I pulled over twice. Clarion's wrestling team all attended the game that night and sat right across from the IUP bench in the front several rows. Inside Tippin the front row is essentially the three point line arc. They just hammered the IUP team from warmups until the final buzzer.

The win at WL was great. IUP had a nice, loud contingent there. The Norfleet three was quite a moment. Dyer went nuts that game.

My other favorite road game aside from the night at Seton Hill was also a loss ... when IUP lost the PSAC final at the Hammermill 3-4 years ago. Gannon hit that deep walk-off three at the buzzer. The result stunk from our side but it was a great game. Ride home sucked.

I forget what year it was now but Rock really hyped up the IUP visit. Place was nuts. They have big bleachers and also the walks up in the air behind the baskets. It was jammed. Joe smoked them. It went from insane to wooden bleachers with 15 minutes left. I think it was Marcel's senior year.

In all my years, though, nothing compares to Edwards vs Brown games in either Hamer or the Field House. Those were the best crowds I've ever seen at IUP -- football or basketball.

Cal OT win in the Field House (1998) is the most exciting game to this day I've ever seen at IUP.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X