X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I love Dave Morris. We’re not yet four minutes into this game and he’s thrown up five 3 pt attempts. He hit the first. Hasn’t come close since. They need to start operating differently. Work it inside. Use Brooks and Tomiwa. These jumps shots aren’t falling. And they haven’t for a while.
    He’s 2/4 from three. What are you talking about? Jones is 0/4. Is that who you’re talking about?

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    I love Dave Morris. We’re not yet four minutes into this game and he’s thrown up five 3 pt attempts. He hit the first. Hasn’t come close since. They need to start operating differently. Work it inside. Use Brooks and Tomiwa. These jumps shots aren’t falling. And they haven’t for a while.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They break out tomorrow and put up a crooked number against a terrile Boro team! I'm calling it now!

They need to just come out and smash some of these teams in the first 10 minutes. The KCAC is a daunting venue when it's packed (as it will be tonight).

Joe's teams are famous for giving these types of teams hope. Once a team starts to believe in themselves ... a lot of strange crap can start to happen -- as we just saw transpire in Clarion.

Hopefully we look back at this little funk and say it was the best thing that could have happened to them. They are 24-1 -- and I'm still not convinced they played to win in the game they lost. Well, those on the court played to win. I'm not sure they were put in the best position to win. Put it that way.

IUP's best offense this year -- BY FAR -- is its defense. I'm still not sure what this current teams' actual offensive identity is.

But, I can tell you this: If they don't get rid of the ugly streetball crap, this season is going to end much faster than many with the crimson sunglasses care to admit.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You're the same person you were at 19 or 20? I'm sure glad I'm not.
    I didn’t curse at visiting teams or their fans when I was 19 and 20. I mean it would be like beating a dead horse after IUP ran them off the old goat pasture field at Miller…and we sucked at basketball back then.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

So it's ok to not get a consequence for poor behavior. Noted, guess people can do whatever the heck they want and get away with it.
    Didn't say that. My original post was not to let stupid kids get under your skin. Obviously you have. If I read the account of the incident correctly, apparently several students were directed to get out of the gym, so apparently there were consequences. How many times have I read on these boards about how they don't party at IUP and other schools like they used to, and which school is the best party school. One consequence of being the best party school is that you sometimes have drunken fools raising hell hither and yon.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

So it's ok to not get a consequence for poor behavior. Noted, guess people can do whatever the heck they want and get away with it.
    I was a little skeptical this year when the KCAC changed its alcohol policy (i.e. you can take drinks to your seats).

Luckily, there haven't been any issues yet. Although, I will say it has livened the place up.

Now, you act like the Clarion fools at the KCAC ... your a$$es would be ejected within minutes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Most people do learn along the way. Those that don't generally suffer consequences sooner or later. "Consequenced?"

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Most people do learn along the way. Those that don't generally suffer consequences sooner or later. "Consequenced?"
    Hopefully they learned how to behave in a public setting. You can cheer, yell and heckle all you want, but there is a line in the sand. You can't yell the things they were yelling in a school-run facility and expect nothing to happen. What's funny is they got tossed with 18 seconds left in the game. Granted, they should have at least been warned early in the first half.

Their refusal to leave and back-and-forth with the cop ... they were probably about another minute or two from being cuffed.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

You don't learn if you aren't consequenced for your actions!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

You don't learn if you aren't consequenced for your actions!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They are over 18. Treat them like crap.

If IUP students did this we’d never hear the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Or maybe you should realize that they're a group of stupid college kids and not let them get under your skin.
    They are over 18. Treat them like crap.

If IUP students did this we’d never hear the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Classic at the beginning. After Joe's first answer the host said "Well I had 9 questions prepared but you just answered 6 of them."

That's a Joe interview for sure.
    He’s always spot on with what he wants to say vs what he doesn’t. Jack has a hard time interviewing him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe had a nice interview on the NABC podcast

http://wavve.link/nabc
    Classic at the beginning. After Joe's first answer the host said "Well I had 9 questions prepared but you just answered 6 of them."

That's a Joe interview for sure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Joe had a nice interview on the NABC podcast

http://wavve.link/nabc

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X