Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mercyhurst is allowed to maul , position pushing -hand checking D then teams are in a battle - if ref’s call it close - Mercyhurst in deep trouble .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship76 View Post
      If Mercyhurst is allowed to maul , position pushing -hand checking D then teams are in a battle - if ref’s call it close - Mercyhurst in deep trouble .
      You're absolutely correct. They likely won't get away with that in Joe's house tomorrow but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You're absolutely correct. They likely won't get away with that in Joe's house tomorrow but we'll see.
        We’ll know once we see the officials walk into the building.

Comment

• That is spot on . Foul on every play - who when where on clock -
          Ref’s are human
          - at times it’s a difficult balance -
          make call at 2 minutes in …. Make it late .

Comment

If Mercyhurst is allowed to maul , position pushing -hand checking D then teams are in a battle - if ref’s call it close - Mercyhurst in deep trouble .
            That’s one way to look at it. Not sure I’d go that far, but they would benefit from a more physical game. Then again, IUP is a lot bigger. I wouldn’t say they foul on every possession though.

They’ve been winning by huge margins lately, including against your Raiders (granted, some of the other wins have been against weaker teams) so I wouldn’t say it’s because of the officiating. I’ve seen East Stroudsburg play this year and they’re also very handsy and aggressive.

Comment

• Not exactly impressive, 'Boro, when you can't bother to find a PBP guy to accompany your video feed.

Comment

Well, turns out they weren’t allowed to do those things and the fouls mounted quickly. I can’t say I agree with all of the calls (both teams had bad calls go against them), but there was just no way Hurst was going to match up physically and that resulted in foul trouble. IUP defended the 3-point line much better in the second half holding the Lakers to just 4-14 from deep after giving up seven 3’s and better than 50% in the first half.

Even though IUP won by double digits, I don’t think they played to their capability. I’ll add that Mercyhurst is very, very good and well coached. I think they’re the best team IUP has seen this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Well, turns out they weren’t allowed to do those things and the fouls mounted quickly. I can’t say I agree with all of the calls (both teams had bad calls go against them), but there was just no way Hurst was going to match up physically and that resulted in foul trouble. IUP defended the 3-point line much better in the second half holding the Lakers to just 4-14 from deep after giving up seven 3’s and better than 50% in the first half.

Even though IUP won by double digits, I don’t think they played to their capability. I’ll add that Mercyhurst is very, very good and well coached. I think they’re the best team IUP has seen this year.
                  IUP should have won by 20+

Comment

• Here's my "I told you so" moment:

Gannon beat the pi$$ out of UPJ today in Johnstown.

The then-0-10 Knights won by 19.

Gannon was the best 0-10 team in history.

Comment

Here's my "I told you so" moment:

Gannon beat the pi$$ out of UPJ today in Johnstown.

The then-0-10 Knights won by 19.

Gannon was the best 0-10 team in history.
                      Didn’t UPJ win?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                        Not exactly impressive, 'Boro, when you can't bother to find a PBP guy to accompany your video feed.
                        It's students doing their announcing. It's hard when there are no students on campus...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Didn’t UPJ win?
                          Yeah, it did. The PSAC web site reported it reversed.

Gannon is 0-11

Comment

Yeah, it did. The PSAC web site reported it reversed.

Gannon is 0-11
                            There goes their Dixon Trophy!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It's students doing their announcing. It's hard when there are no students on campus...
                              Not lost on me. And yet, I'm wondering how many other PSAC schools would not have found somebody, a local radio guy are somebody, to pick up the slack.

Or ... perhaps the SID ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Not lost on me. And yet, I'm wondering how many other PSAC schools would not have found somebody, a local radio guy are somebody, to pick up the slack.

Or ... perhaps the SID ...
                                That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find somebody.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X