Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

The time they lost down there on a Wednesday night a couple of years ago, the football team was literally on the court. It was unlike anything I've ever seen. A basket would get made by Seton Hill, and there were fans standing on the court in the corner as IUP was imbounding the ball on the baseline. I'm sure we'll see an Uber Eats delivery on Wednesday night.
    The Uber eats guy was hilarious. That had to of been planned! hahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Once again, a PSAC officiating crew refusing to call a fair game vs Edinboro. This time a flaccid Gannon bench player taking a shot at the Edinboro player on the court. The Boro player immediately went to the officials who rebuffed him then refused to discuss it with Cleary. Insanity.
      There's no way that shouldn't have been an ejection and technical foul. It was right in front of the official, too. Gannon's lawn ornaments in street clothes are very mouthy during games. But, reaching out and grabbing a player on the court is horrendous.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's no way that shouldn't have been an ejection and technical foul. It was right in front of the official, too. Gannon's lawn ornaments in street clothes are very mouthy during games. But, reaching out and grabbing a player on the court is horrendous.
        And Jefferson saw it. Pulled him back.

Comment

Is this serious? I want to see some video. If this is true, it only solidifies what I've been saying about Jefferson... NO CONTROL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Is this serious? I want to see some video. If this is true, it only solidifies what I've been saying about Jefferson... NO CONTROL!!!
            Yeah it happened at around the (approx) 11-minute mark of the second half. It's blatant and was almost a lot worse. A bench person (assuming one of GU's army of tracksuit players) clearly grabbed an Edinboro player while play was live. They all jumped up to celebrate a three and one of them reached out and grabbed the Edinboro players jersey.

Cleary justifiably went all Bobby Knight because it happened right in front of the official. It was a little white dude in a track suite that grabbed (in the back) the Edinboro players' jersey. Total bush league crap. Cleary should certainly file that with the home office.

Comment

Yeah it happened at around the (approx) 11-minute mark of the second half. It's blatant and was almost a lot worse. A bench person (assuming one of GU's army of tracksuit players) clearly grabbed an Edinboro player while play was live. They all jumped up to celebrate a three and one of them reached out and grabbed the Edinboro players jersey.

Cleary justifiably went all Bobby Knight because it happened right in front of the official. It was a little white dude in a track suite that grabbed (in the back) the Edinboro players' jersey. Total bush league crap. Cleary should certainly file that with the home office.
              I'll try and check that out. Unreal how undisciplined that team has got.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'll try and check that out. Unreal how undisciplined that team has got.
                It was at the 11:30 mark. I just checked it out. The little punk actually shoved the back of the neck of the Edinboro player. The official under the basket clearly saw it and did nothing. The Gannon HC saw it and just gave the kid a stare down. He’s lucky 22 for Boro didn’t go back and deck him.

It’s astonishing that nothing was done about it. The kid should have gotten a T and ejected. When that didn’t happen, the coach should have thrown him off the bench. As it was, play went on. I give the Boro HC credit for defending his player there. It looks like the player was Erik Jarecki, a freshman from Staten Island, NY who hasn’t appeared in a single game based on team statistics. Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It was at the 11:30 mark. I just checked it out. The little punk actually shoved the back of the neck of the Edinboro player. The official under the basket clearly saw it and did nothing. The Gannon HC saw it and just gave the kid a stare down. He’s lucky 22 for Boro didn’t go back and deck him.

It’s astonishing that nothing was done about it. The kid should have gotten a T and ejected. When that didn’t happen, the coach should have thrown him off the bench. As it was, play went on. I give the Boro HC credit for defending his player there. It looks like the player was Erik Jarecki, a freshman from Staten Island, NY who hasn’t appeared in a single game based on team statistics. Shocker.
                  GU has some real mouthy dudes in their tracksuit army. I guess it's easy to be punks while being season-long lawn ornaments.

Cleary should have tossed a fit (like he did) and then pulled his team off the floor and went home. Not only was that a dangerous and dirty action, but it was let go.

Comment

February 24, 2016

Hard to believe that game was 7 years ago already.

IUP walked right in to a hornets' nest that night. That is Seton Hill's lone win in the series' history.

Joe finally lost it with all the theatrics and got T'd up at the end to pretty much seal the loss.

As you said, I've never seen anything like it. Since that night, however, much has changed in that venue -- likely a result of IUP filing major complaints. The seats under the basket are typically now closed (unlike that night). Those aren't like most gym seats where the bleachers/seats are 'behind' the basket ... those are like under the basket. That was insanity.

Looking back, that was probably Joe's worst team aside from this first one, but they were in the thick of things prior to that trip to Greensburg. That loss likely cost them an at-large bid that year. He's paid back the debt down there ... winning by 50 and 60 points in McKenna.

They better be ready for Wednesday. Seton Hill gave them a tussle for 30 minutes in the first game even without their best player. They'll need a repeat of SRU last week. Start fast and quiet that crowd. They tried it last year down there ... that place was slammed when the men's game started. IUP opened a 20-0 lead to start the game and the place was empty by halftime. Obviously, SH is much better this year. The good thing is that is a very short trip from Indiana, so IUP always travels really well down there.
                    I'll never forget watching that game. If you were a neutral observer who loves college atmospheres, you would have loved watching that night. It reminded me, in a way, to the D3 Taylor University "Silent Night" tradition (which failed at IUP lol). Those students are on the floor at multiple points during the game. The home squad has to burn timeouts to avoid getting technical fouls called on them. It would drive me crazy as a coach.

I still can't get over how there were 20 people on the court as the game was being playing in that end. Unlike anything I've ever seen watching a sporting event at any level.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Thanks for finding the exact time stamp (and now this has become the most watched Gannon feed of the season LOL).

And, yes, that's absolutely unbelievable that nothing was done. Hats off to Kierell Green for being the classier player in this situaiton. He seemed stunned more than anything, but it took a big man not to go into that bench swinging.

If any of you PSAC guys find out about any after-the-fact discipline on this issue, keep us posted. That's crazy.

Comment

• Can you imagine what would have happened if little Peter on the Gannon bench had pulled this shiz on an IUP player?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Can you imagine what would have happened if little Peter on the Gannon bench had pulled this shiz on an IUP player?
                          The IUP Erie Maffia would have handled it.

I think we had more fans at the Hammermill than they did.

Needless to say Joe Dirt Jr. better not try that crap this Saturday.

Comment

• Not a great schedule tonight in the PSAC ... but, it should be an interesting night betting the point spreads.

Lock Haven at Bloomsburg - The Bald Eagles were red hot prior to Saturday's loss to Shippensburg. A trip to Bloomsburg should be the perfect remedy -- although, the Huskies hung tough in the first meeting. Four East teams now have identical 9-5 conference records, so, every game is a big game from here out. Vegas says Bald Eagles by double digits. LH -12.5

California at Clarion - The Vulcans are coming off a heartbreaking, home loss to UPJ. The good news is Cal is just a game out of 4th place in the West. Recall they finished 4th in the West a year ago and made it to the Regional Final. The first meeting was a blowout. This will be, too. Vegas says Danny -20.5

Mercyhurst at Edinboro - The Lakers won the first meeting by a whopping 32 points -- holding the Scots to just 48 points. Round 2 is at least in McComb, but that likely won't make much difference. This is just a horrible match-up for Edinboro's offense (and defense). Vegas says it will be a bit closer, but Mercyhurst has been a real bully to the mid-level teams. Lakers -19.5

Shepherd at Millersville - Whatever money you want to bet on this game ... just take out a lighter and set it on fire. Save yourself the agony of taking either of these teams. They can both look real good at times. They can both look real average at times. And, they can both look pretty bad at times. Predicting which version will show up from night to night is mind-boggling. The Rams won their home meeting by 7 points in an old-school, West-type, 57-50, slugfest. So, tonight will likely be the total opposite. Vegas says take the Rams in a much higher scoring affair. Shepherd -6.5

East Stroudsburg at Mansfield - This road trip is exactly what the doctor ordered for a struggling Warriors' teams. ESU has (rather amazingly) lost 4 of its past 5 games. The good news is they beat Mansfield by 35 points three weeks ago. Vegas says this will be a long night for the Mounties. Some frustrations get taken out. ESU -25.5

Kutztown at West Chester - The Golden Bears are a tough out, but, nonetheless, have lost 6 straight. Vegas says KU's roster and lineup is too hard to predict. Put your money on the walk-ons. WCU wins a somewhat tight one. Rams -6.5

Slippery Rock at Gannon - Not long ago, this was perhaps the most-heated rivalry in the league. Those days are long gone -- and Gannon seemingly hasn't played a road game since 2019. Round 1 was a pretty entertaining game. SRU pulled away late in Morrow Field House. The Knights have made some strides since then -- and, this should be a good game. Gannon matches up pretty well with SRU. Vegas says The Rock should win -- so long as its players stay away from the cheap shot-throwing Gannon lawn ornaments in tracksuits. Rock -5.5

IUP at Seton Hill - Some are saying this will be close. Others are saying IUP will win big. Some even are calling for an upset tonight in Greensburg. If IUP takes control early, the Crimson Hawks should slowly pull away. If the Griffins hang around -- and that building, which will be close to sold out, starts buzzing -- who knows. Vegas says IUP escapes Greensburg with a win, but, it won't be easy. Crimson Hawks -7.5

Comment

Not a great schedule tonight in the PSAC ... but, it should be an interesting night betting the point spreads.

Lock Haven at Bloomsburg - The Bald Eagles were red hot prior to Saturday's loss to Shippensburg. A trip to Bloomsburg should be the perfect remedy -- although, the Huskies hung tough in the first meeting. Four East teams now have identical 9-5 conference records, so, every game is a big game from here out. Vegas says Bald Eagles by double digits. LH -12.5

California at Clarion - The Vulcans are coming off a heartbreaking, home loss to UPJ. The good news is Cal is just a game out of 4th place in the West. Recall they finished 4th in the West a year ago and made it to the Regional Final. The first meeting was a blowout. This will be, too. Vegas says Danny -20.5

Mercyhurst at Edinboro - The Lakers won the first meeting by a whopping 32 points -- holding the Scots to just 48 points. Round 2 is at least in McComb, but that likely won't make much difference. This is just a horrible match-up for Edinboro's offense (and defense). Vegas says it will be a bit closer, but Mercyhurst has been a real bully to the mid-level teams. Lakers -19.5

Shepherd at Millersville - Whatever money you want to bet on this game ... just take out a lighter and set it on fire. Save yourself the agony of taking either of these teams. They can both look real good at times. They can both look real average at times. And, they can both look pretty bad at times. Predicting which version will show up from night to night is mind-boggling. The Rams won their home meeting by 7 points in an old-school, West-type, 57-50, slugfest. So, tonight will likely be the total opposite. Vegas says take the Rams in a much higher scoring affair. Shepherd -6.5

East Stroudsburg at Mansfield - This road trip is exactly what the doctor ordered for a struggling Warriors' teams. ESU has (rather amazingly) lost 4 of its past 5 games. The good news is they beat Mansfield by 35 points three weeks ago. Vegas says this will be a long night for the Mounties. Some frustrations get taken out. ESU -25.5

Kutztown at West Chester - The Golden Bears are a tough out, but, nonetheless, have lost 6 straight. Vegas says KU's roster and lineup is too hard to predict. Put your money on the walk-ons. WCU wins a somewhat tight one. Rams -6.5

Slippery Rock at Gannon - Not long ago, this was perhaps the most-heated rivalry in the league. Those days are long gone -- and Gannon seemingly hasn't played a road game since 2019. Round 1 was a pretty entertaining game. SRU pulled away late in Morrow Field House. The Knights have made some strides since then -- and, this should be a good game. Gannon matches up pretty well with SRU. Vegas says The Rock should win -- so long as its players stay away from the cheap shot-throwing Gannon lawn ornaments in tracksuits. Rock -5.5

IUP at Seton Hill - Some are saying this will be close. Others are saying IUP will win big. Some even are calling for an upset tonight in Greensburg. If IUP takes control early, the Crimson Hawks should slowly pull away. If the Griffins hang around -- and that building, which will be close to sold out, starts buzzing -- who knows. Vegas says IUP escapes Greensburg with a win, but, it won't be easy. Crimson Hawks -7.5
                              That's a good line for the IUP game. I think Vegas would have it at 9.5. The casual better would say, "Number 1 team in the nation? Against Seton Hill? IUP wins by double digits easy." The experienced guy says, "9.5 could be a lot of points in a likely tough road environment. I'll take the Griffs." The smart bettor keeps his money in his wallet.

Comment

Shepherd at Millersville - Whatever money you want to bet on this game ... just take out a lighter and set it on fire.
                                Glad you didn't put that one on the Pick 'Em!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X