Seton Hill 9-8 14-9 W2
    Slippery Rock 8-9 14-9 L2
    California 8-9 11-12 W2
    Edinboro 3-13 5-16 L5
    Gannon 2-15 2-19 L3
    Clarion 1-16 3-19 L2

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Even if it's not stated in the official rules, every sport has unwritten rules (i.e., don't bunt for a base hit in the 8th inning of a no-hitter) that dictate whether or not you're displaying good sportsmanship. So even if it's not against the rules, it's terrible sportsmanship which says a lot about the program within which it occurs. There's a fine line between gamesmanship and bad sportsmanship, but this seems like a fairly obvious violation of sportsmanship IMHO.

And, yes, if the bench is standing during an opponent's offensive set, the ref should sit them down. MEC refs do it all the time--not sure why the PSAC refs let it go on.
      What world are you living in? Do you not see players flop to get a foul call? Is THAT good sportsmanship. I see it almost every Men's game I call...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What world are you living in? Do you not see players flop to get a foul call? Is THAT good sportsmanship. I see it almost every Men's game I call...
        Obviously, flopping is not good sportsmanship. That is why there's now a rule against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Obviously, flopping is not good sportsmanship. That is why there's now a rule against it.
          That rule is unfortunately called about 5% of the time.

They were calling it in early November but it has about vanished.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That rule is unfortunately called about 5% of the time.

They were calling it in early November but it has about vanished.
            Yeah, they certainly don't call it enough. Also hardly ever called is three seconds in the lane and carrying the ball when dribbling (what we used to call palming in my youth). Most of today's guards would have trouble dribbling the ball downcourt if they didn't carry it,

Comment

• Who wants that final spot ... Gannon or Edinboro?

It's going to be tight.

Comment

• OK, boys and girls. It's not 'early' anymore. There's not 'plenty of time' left anymore. These last 5-6 games in the West are massive for many teams. Success in conference tournaments is typically directly related to match-ups. Let's take a look at what remains.

IUP (5 games left) - The Hawks finally hit the pothole. Life goes on. As of today, IUP has a comfortable, 2-game lead in the West. Now, said lead gets a lot less comfy should the Hawks lose to UPJ tomorrow (which is certainly possible). IUP has (5) games left -- against UPJ, (at) Clarion, Edinboro, Slippery Rock and (at) California. With two of three big ones in the KCAC, odds are leaning toward IUP winning the West. They could take another loss but that starts getting the Regional a little dicey. Prediction: 5-0

Mercyhurst (6 games left) - The Lakers got some revenge but still have a tough path ahead. Will they show up in Morrow with a hangover tomorrow? Possibly. After that, they get three in a row at home (Cal, UPJ and Clarion) in advance of a potentially tricky trip to Seton Hill. A visit from Gannon comes on the final day. UPJ beat them earlier and Mercyhurst beat Cal by just a point. So, they have some work ahead of them. Even Gannon in the finale isn't an easy game. It will be a physical one regardless of the final score. Prediction: 6-0

Pitt-Johnstown (6 games left) - The Mountain Cats have (6) games remaining -- starting with tomorrow's short trip to Indiana. UPJ's remaining schedule is really backloaded (i.e. tough). After IUP, they host Seton Hill before traveling to Mercyhurst. Edinboro and Cal visit Johnstown before the finale at Slippery Rock. They will have to work in 5 of those 6 games. Prediction: 4-2

Seton Hill (5 games left) - The Griffins host Edinboro tomorrow before back-to-back trips to UPJ and California. They finish the year out with home dates against Gannon and Mercyhurst. So, while it's been a nice story, there's a lot of tough games coming up fast for Seton Hill. Prediction: 2-3

Slippery Rock (5 games left) - There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear (name the singer and you get a bonus). SRU has lost 5 of its past 7 games -- including getting smacked in the Mon Valley last night (a month after smacking those same Vulcans in Morrow). Mercyhurst visits tomorrow night. Could this be one of those famous Morrow traps? Doubtful, but it is possible. The Rock then has two on the road at Edinboro and IUP followed by home games with Clarion and UPJ. Prediction: 2-3

California (5 games left) - The Vulcans may be the best (current) 6th seed in the history of the PSAC West. Although, I don't think they'll remain in the 6 hole much longer. Cal hosts a tricky (when motivated) Gannon prior to a trip to Mercyhurst. Seton Hill and IUP visit the Angelo Dome with a trip to Johnstown sandwiched in between. This is a team capable of making some noise on a given night. Prediction: 2-3

Edinboro (6 games left) - The Scots are hanging on to the final conference tournament spot for dear life. Edinboro isn't helping itself having lost 5 in a row and 10 of its past 11 games. As such, Gannon finds itself right in the mix for the final spot. A brutal stretch awaits, however, to close things out. Tomorrow, the Scots play in tough McKenna Field House and will be a road dog against Seton Hill. Slippery Rock then visits prior to a trip to IUP. Gannon and Clarion round out the schedule -- both in McComb. Gannon's visit should not only be a 'friendly' affair but quite possibly (likely) a massive game. Prediction: 1-5

Gannon (5 games left) - If the Knights have been anything this year, they've been an entertaining bunch. They play hard. Their bench cheers hard, too. The Knights travel to California tomorrow before returning home to face Clarion. Back-to-back roadies to Seton Hill and Edinboro follow. Gannon hosts crosstown rival Mercyhurst in the finale. Prediction: 2-3

Clarion (5 games left) - The Golden Eagles are not yet mathematically eliminated. They have a bye prior to IUP's visit this weekend and then have four straight road games to close out the regular season (at GU, Mercyhurst, SRU and Edinboro). Prediction: 0-5

Based on predictions, these would be the final regular season standings in the West (conference only record listed):

IUP (21-1)
                ------------------------------------------------ Round 1 bye
                Mercyhurst (19-3)
                Pitt-Johnstown (17-5)
                Seton Hill (11-11)
                Slippery Rock (10-12)
                California (10-12)
                Gannon (4-18)
                ------------------------------------------------ GU takes tie-breaker with season sweep
                Edinboro (4-18)
                Clarion (1-21)

Comment

• There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear (name the singer and you get a bonus) Buffalo Springfield........ :)

Comment

OK, boys and girls. It's not 'early' anymore. There's not 'plenty of time' left anymore. These last 5-6 games in the West are massive for many teams. Success in conference tournaments is typically directly related to match-ups. Let's take a look at what remains.

IUP (5 games left) - The Hawks finally hit the pothole. Life goes on. As of today, IUP has a comfortable, 2-game lead in the West. Now, said lead gets a lot less comfy should the Hawks lose to UPJ tomorrow (which is certainly possible). IUP has (5) games left -- against UPJ, (at) Clarion, Edinboro, Slippery Rock and (at) California. With two of three big ones in the KCAC, odds are leaning toward IUP winning the West. They could take another loss but that starts getting the Regional a little dicey. Prediction: 5-0

Mercyhurst (6 games left) - The Lakers got some revenge but still have a tough path ahead. Will they show up in Morrow with a hangover tomorrow? Possibly. After that, they get three in a row at home (Cal, UPJ and Clarion) in advance of a potentially tricky trip to Seton Hill. A visit from Gannon comes on the final day. UPJ beat them earlier and Mercyhurst beat Cal by just a point. So, they have some work ahead of them. Even Gannon in the finale isn't an easy game. It will be a physical one regardless of the final score. Prediction: 6-0

Pitt-Johnstown (6 games left) - The Mountain Cats have (6) games remaining -- starting with tomorrow's short trip to Indiana. UPJ's remaining schedule is really backloaded (i.e. tough). After IUP, they host Seton Hill before traveling to Mercyhurst. Edinboro and Cal visit Johnstown before the finale at Slippery Rock. They will have to work in 5 of those 6 games. Prediction: 4-2

Seton Hill (5 games left) - The Griffins host Edinboro tomorrow before back-to-back trips to UPJ and California. They finish the year out with home dates against Gannon and Mercyhurst. So, while it's been a nice story, there's a lot of tough games coming up fast for Seton Hill. Prediction: 2-3

Slippery Rock (5 games left) - There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear (name the singer and you get a bonus). SRU has lost 5 of its past 7 games -- including getting smacked in the Mon Valley last night (a month after smacking those same Vulcans in Morrow). Mercyhurst visits tomorrow night. Could this be one of those famous Morrow traps? Doubtful, but it is possible. The Rock then has two on the road at Edinboro and IUP followed by home games with Clarion and UPJ. Prediction: 2-3

California (5 games left) - The Vulcans may be the best (current) 6th seed in the history of the PSAC West. Although, I don't think they'll remain in the 6 hole much longer. Cal hosts a tricky (when motivated) Gannon prior to a trip to Mercyhurst. Seton Hill and IUP visit the Angelo Dome with a trip to Johnstown sandwiched in between. This is a team capable of making some noise on a given night. Prediction: 2-3

Edinboro (6 games left) - The Scots are hanging on to the final conference tournament spot for dear life. Edinboro isn't helping itself having lost 5 in a row and 10 of its past 11 games. As such, Gannon finds itself right in the mix for the final spot. A brutal stretch awaits, however, to close things out. Tomorrow, the Scots play in tough McKenna Field House and will be a road dog against Seton Hill. Slippery Rock then visits prior to a trip to IUP. Gannon and Clarion round out the schedule -- both in McComb. Gannon's visit should not only be a 'friendly' affair but quite possibly (likely) a massive game. Prediction: 1-5

Gannon (5 games left) - If the Knights have been anything this year, they've been an entertaining bunch. They play hard. Their bench cheers hard, too. The Knights travel to California tomorrow before returning home to face Clarion. Back-to-back roadies to Seton Hill and Edinboro follow. Gannon hosts crosstown rival Mercyhurst in the finale. Prediction: 2-3

Clarion (5 games left) - The Golden Eagles are not yet mathematically eliminated. They have a bye prior to IUP's visit this weekend and then have four straight road games to close out the regular season (at GU, Mercyhurst, SRU and Edinboro). Prediction: 0-5

Based on predictions, these would be the final regular season standings in the West (conference only record listed):

IUP (21-1)
                    ------------------------------------------------ Round 1 bye
                    Mercyhurst (19-3)
                    Pitt-Johnstown (17-5)
                    Seton Hill (11-11)
                    Slippery Rock (10-12)
                    California (10-12)
                    Gannon (4-18)
                    ------------------------------------------------ GU takes tie-breaker with season sweep
                    Edinboro (4-18)
                    Clarion (1-21)
                    Are they taking 7 teams to playoffs now? Or just the usual 6? For the love of God I hope 6 because Gannon being involved in anything outside of the regular season would be a disgrace

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Are they taking 7 teams to playoffs now? Or just the usual 6? For the love of God I hope 6 because Gannon being involved in anything outside of the regular season would be a disgrace
                      PSAC site says top 6 teams each division, so Gannon is officially out. Thank God

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

PSAC site says top 6 teams each division, so Gannon is officially out. Thank God
                        My fault. I don't why I thought 7 made it.

Yes, probably for the best.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the top 2 seeds get a bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I'm pretty sure the top 2 seeds get a bye.
                            That is the way it's been. In the first round, third seed plays sixth, and fourth seed plays fifth.

Comment

Isn't football top 7?

Comment

All good - just glad you were wrong haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X