Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I ran into coach Cooper over the weekend and congratulated him on his new job. Y'all be glad to know he was wearing his KWC garb. He seemed optimistic that we would get a BU v. KWC game this coming season.

Comment

thanks KM I hope we have a team that would make it interesting.

Comment

• Comment

He said he "Hoped" KWC could make it interesting against Bellarmine. One look at your latest posts page confirms that you are in hyper jerk mode.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
            He said he "Hoped" KWC could make it interesting against Bellarmine. One look at your latest posts page confirms that you are in hyper jerk mode.
            Slayer is always in hyper jerk mode. That's the only reason he gets on this message board.

Comment

Anything on recruiting guys? Need to fill all but 3 slots, thought someone would be signed by now

Comment

Well, we got four new guys.

I wish at least a couple more from the current roster were staying.

http://kwcpanthers.com/news/2018/5/1...f-signees.aspx

Comment

Aside from having no jump shot, Erik Bell is a very good point guard. I've heard the coaching staff didn't renew the scholarships of the others that hadn't already left. I'd also heard that at least some of them were not committed to staying anyway, they just hadn't announced that they were transferring yet. So who knows. I do like that he's getting Kentucky kids, not to mention a local Owensboro product in Boyle. That's the kind of signee that puts butts in the seats in a town like ours.

Comment

Interesting signs...interesting not exciting! I think for the next couple of years we will take our lumps but these one or two years and done guys do nothing for the school. They do not respect what they have.

These new guys will play hard, play team ball and then raise families in Kentucky. If Coop is as good a coach as I think the team will in a couple of year be better than the players.

It will not surprise me when we go NAIA. Playing schools in Ky., Ind.,Tenn. makes a lot of sense. Basketball is the heart and soul of KWC but sometimes you must use your head.

Title IX has killed/wounded many good things.

Comment

The 2 that are staying were not the 2 i was hoping that would stay. I hope we are kidding about NAIA. Boyle was not on my radar, as i only thought one player locally that was a senior was good enough to be competitive on the D 2 level. It is refreshing to see we are signing High School seniors though. I thought it was interesting that we lost the st x kid to wheeling/jesuit, a d2 program in WV. Hopefully we can be competitive in a couple of years

Comment

Probably shouldn't joke about going NAIA. Before you know it your administration will start thinking and that's rarely a good thing.

Comment

Hatton and Harris leaving the program takes us from a "not good" team to a "bad" one FAST...I think we will be lucky to win 10 games next year. The fact that they are holding up a walk-on who has been on crutches the last two years due to knee injuries tells you something. Can the program survive 3+ losing seasons in a row?

Comment

10 games could be a stretch. This next season is shaping up to possibly being the worst KWC basketball team ever. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a little early in Coach Cooper's tenure to already be starting the "sky is falling" talk...

Comment

I do agree with you, u have to give him at least 3 years to see if he is building the program back up. We are not use to high school players, and evaluating them

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X