X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma QB in portal

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ultimately I think that is correct. FSU failed the eye test against Louisville and it cost them big time.
      Alabama failed the win/loss test against Texas. It should have cost them bigger time. Also worth noting that Bama and FSU actually played a common opponent during regular season in LSU and FSU beat ‘em worse than Bama did.

Comment

• The Jacksonville Jaguars will now be forced out of any playoff field due to the unavailability of their QB Martina Navratilova Lawrence.

:-)

Comment

• IU took Shanahan as OC.

JMU is hiring Holy Cross HC Bob Chesney, a guy from Mt Carmel area. He made Assumption a competitive D2 program before going to Holy Cross.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            IU took Shanahan as OC.

JMU is hiring Holy Cross HC Bob Chesney, a guy from Mt Carmel area. He made Assumption a competitive D2 program before going to Holy Cross.
            Holy Cross could certainly draw the attention of some D2 coaches this cycle.

Comment

IU took Shanahan as OC.

Word is Curt is taking several of his star players with him to Bloomington.

Comment

Yeah especially the one in Clinton County.

I honestly don't think Clements leaves for anything outside SEPA, and that leaves very little room for him to improve his situation. If only there were a D1 or D2 coaching vacancy closer than his current hour commute.

Comment

Doesn't a Holy Cross try to stay within the private school realm?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So (Frank Cignetti is) going to Fake Indiana University.
                    I was wondering if IUPNation would call that other Indiana University "fake Indiana" or something like that. He didn't disappoint!

I'm proud of you of IUP Nation! :D

Comment

IU took Shanahan as OC.

He's on the right trajectory from a coaching standpoint. He's very young and has climbed the ladder pretty quickly. I think for him to ultimately take the next step in his coaching career, he's eventually going to have to get away from Cignetti and take an OC job in a similar or lesser program in a lateral move of sorts. He's been attached at the hip of Cignetti since coaching at IUP. Curt is heavily involved in the offense and I believe he is still calling a lot of the plays on that staff.

I had actually read that those factors were things that had given some programs reservations on brining him in as a potential OC, even though he had that position at JMU. He's still very young. And things will open up for him with time. But I think he's going to need to get into a role where he can succeed without having Curt on the headset guiding him through what to call on 4th and 3 at the opponent's 42 yard line while nursing a 4 point lead with a running clock at the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter. But again, I think those opportunities will open up with time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I was wondering if IUPNation would call that other Indiana University "fake Indiana" or something like that. He didn't disappoint!

I'm proud of you of IUP Nation! :D
                        I’m consistent!

Comment

Oklahoma QB in portal
                          This is an evergreen post... doesn't it seem like an Okie Doke QB is in the portal every year?
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Aliquippa won the PIAA 4A title yesterday, 60-14.

Keep in mind the Quips should in in 1A, enrollment-wise.

Comment

Aliquippa won the PIAA 4A title yesterday, 60-14.

Keep in mind the Quips should in in 1A, enrollment-wise.
                              Absolutely insane. And like some other schools like Clairton and Farrell, these are not economically prosperous communities like you typically see at the higher levels.

Aliquippa sits on the Ohio River downriver from Pittsburgh and is a former J&L Steel town. The mill at one time employed almost 30,000. The town population is 1/3 of what it once was with little sustaining it and a neighboring white flight community and school district (Hopewell) that is relatively stable. But they've produced several NFL Hall of Famers and a few other notables like Henry Mancini.

Comment

Absolutely insane. And like some other schools like Clairton and Farrell, these are not economically prosperous communities like you typically see at the higher levels.

Aliquippa sits on the Ohio River downriver from Pittsburgh and is a former J&L Steel town. The mill at one time employed almost 30,000. The town population is 1/3 of what it once was with little sustaining it and a neighboring white flight community and school district (Hopewell) that is relatively stable. But they've produced several NFL Hall of Famers and a few other notables like Henry Mancini.
                                What's amazing is the success year after year. It's unbelievable in a town that size.

Those teams just have a toughness others do not.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X