• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2P and Kenny Pickett getting serious live on GameDay

Comment

• H2P

Comment

• Took the fam to the Carnegie Science Center today. North Shore was a total zoo with tailgating, semi drunk Pitt fans, and Clemson fans wandering aimlessly. Couldn't believe how empty the stadium was when we drove past. What a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Took the fam to the Carnegie Science Center today. North Shore was a total zoo with tailgating, semi drunk Pitt fans, and Clemson fans wandering aimlessly. Couldn't believe how empty the stadium was when we drove past. What a shame.

Comment

• Believe it or not, there is a path for Pitt to make the playoff.

Need some help. But, win out and win the ACC title game over a possibly undefeated Wake Forest ...

Pickett for Hesiman is gaining actual steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Believe it or not, there is a path for Pitt to make the playoff.

Need some help. But, win out and win the ACC title game over a possibly undefeated Wake Forest ...

Comment

Believe it or not, there is a path for Pitt to make the playoff.

Comment

• Lol yeah ... Miami slaps Pitt around nearly every year.

They looked good last night. Nice win over NC State.

I'm terrified of NC. They seem to own the 'Duz.

Comment

Lol yeah ... Miami slaps Pitt around nearly every year.

They looked good last night. Nice win over NC State.

I'm terrified of NC. They seem to own the 'Duz.

Comment

• I may hop on the bandwagon and go down and see the U this weekend.

Comment

• This might of been on here before but a few games back I heard the announcers say Pickett's dad was a LB at Shipp

Ken Pickett (2012) - Hall of Fame - Shippensburg University Athletics (shipraiders.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Took the fam to the Carnegie Science Center today. North Shore was a total zoo with tailgating, semi drunk Pitt fans, and Clemson fans wandering aimlessly. Couldn't believe how empty the stadium was when we drove past. What a shame.
                          I don't understand this post at all. "What a shame." Did you watch the game on television? Did you take your family to the football game after going to the science center? There were every bit of 60,000 people at that football game. And they were really, really involved in the football game from the opening kickoff to the end of the 4th quarter. I'm not sure when you drove past. The entire lower bowl was filled. The upper level in the end zone and on the home side were mostly filled. The only area of the stadium not filled was the upper level on the visitors sideline. I'm a Pitt season ticket holder. I rarely miss a home game. The atmosphere in Heinz Field was every bit as electric and raucous as it was for the Penn State game in 2016. It was an awesome crowd. One of the two best I've ever experienced for a Pitt game. Pitt's not getting 70,000 into Heinz Field. They just aren't that size of a fan base.

There's one city in the America where this conversation occurs regularly, and it's in Pittsburgh. Nowhere else. There is NOTHING wrong with Pitt's attendance at football games. Go and look at the average attendance during Pitt's best 5 year stretch ever in their program's history from 1976-1981. Their average attendance never once cracked 50,000 people. Around the country, the average attendance at college football games is about 45,000. Pitt drew 43,000 as an average in 2019. Right in line with the rest of the country. Outside of Clemson and Florida State, Pitt's attendance is similar to that of every other school in the ACC, with the exception of Louisville when they had Lamar Jackson.

Maybe you were taking a shot across the bow. Maybe not. Maybe you're a Pitt fan and I'm just reacting and/or reading too much into the post. I don't know. But I'm tired of this conversation.

UCLA tarps off 25,000 at home games. They don't come close to selling out the remaining seats. People in LA don't care or make it a conversation weekly. This conversation is driven by the local media in Pittsburgh, many of whom are Penn State grads, and the large faction of Penn State graduates who live in Allegheny County. Outside of those two parties, nobody else cares. If you look at cities around the country in major markets with multiple professional teams, none draw any better than Pitt does. Boston College, Georgia Tech, Miami, South Florida, UCLA, heck, even USC doesn't sell out. The only problem with Pitt is that they simply play in a stadium that's too large for the size of their fan base.

Locally there are just so many factors. Pitt just doesn't have the size of a fan base to regularly put 70,000, even 60,000 in Heinz Field. They just don't. They have less than 20,000 students on campus. Penn State has over 46,000. Consider the difference in the graduates and alumni network. It's massive. Graduating 4,000 annually compared to 12,000 is a huge number. You have a lot more opportunities to have alumni come back as fans, season ticket holders, or donors after they graduate. You have a greater chance with a larger alumni network to have somebody hit it rich and write massive checks as a donation to your program. I wish people could just either root for or against Pitt without caring about how many people are in the seats. Because there's nothing wrong with their attendance.

Comment

• If Penn State loses to Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State, which is possible, they might play in one of the bowl games that their fans make fun of Pitt for playing in every year.

Comment

• Pitt can lose to Miami, but it won't be because they lost focus or got a big head. Miami has arguably the most talented roster in the ACC every year. The recruiting rankings would back that up. It's simply a matter of how focused they are each week. Personally, I'm glad they are playing Miami this week instead of somebody like Syracuse. They'll understand that they have a good football team coming in that wants to beat them on Saturday. Them being next up forces them to refocus really quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I don't understand this post at all. "What a shame." Did you watch the game on television? Did you take your family to the football game after going to the science center? There were every bit of 60,000 people at that football game. And they were really, really involved in the football game from the opening kickoff to the end of the 4th quarter. I'm not sure when you drove past. The entire lower bowl was filled. The upper level in the end zone and on the home side were mostly filled. The only area of the stadium not filled was the upper level on the visitors sideline. I'm a Pitt season ticket holder. I rarely miss a home game. The atmosphere in Heinz Field was every bit as electric and raucous as it was for the Penn State game in 2016. It was an awesome crowd. One of the two best I've ever experienced for a Pitt game. Pitt's not getting 70,000 into Heinz Field. They just aren't that size of a fan base.

There's one city in the America where this conversation occurs regularly, and it's in Pittsburgh. Nowhere else. There is NOTHING wrong with Pitt's attendance at football games. Go and look at the average attendance during Pitt's best 5 year stretch ever in their program's history from 1976-1981. Their average attendance never once cracked 50,000 people. Around the country, the average attendance at college football games is about 45,000. Pitt drew 43,000 as an average in 2019. Right in line with the rest of the country. Outside of Clemson and Florida State, Pitt's attendance is similar to that of every other school in the ACC, with the exception of Louisville when they had Lamar Jackson.

Maybe you were taking a shot across the bow. Maybe not. Maybe you're a Pitt fan and I'm just reacting and/or reading too much into the post. I don't know. But I'm tired of this conversation.

UCLA tarps off 25,000 at home games. They don't come close to selling out the remaining seats. People in LA don't care or make it a conversation weekly. This conversation is driven by the local media in Pittsburgh, many of whom are Penn State grads, and the large faction of Penn State graduates who live in Allegheny County. Outside of those two parties, nobody else cares. If you look at cities around the country in major markets with multiple professional teams, none draw any better than Pitt does. Boston College, Georgia Tech, Miami, South Florida, UCLA, heck, even USC doesn't sell out. The only problem with Pitt is that they simply play in a stadium that's too large for the size of their fan base.

Locally there are just so many factors. Pitt just doesn't have the size of a fan base to regularly put 70,000, even 60,000 in Heinz Field. They just don't. They have less than 20,000 students on campus. Penn State has over 46,000. Consider the difference in the graduates and alumni network. It's massive. Graduating 4,000 annually compared to 12,000 is a huge number. You have a lot more opportunities to have alumni come back as fans, season ticket holders, or donors after they graduate. You have a greater chance with a larger alumni network to have somebody hit it rich and write massive checks as a donation to your program. I wish people could just either root for or against Pitt without caring about how many people are in the seats. Because there's nothing wrong with their attendance.
                                It was the start of the 4th quarter. I thought the game was over or it was a blowout because the upper bowl was nearly empty and the lower bowl was maybe half full and I could see blue & gold walking all over the North Shore. Flipped on the radio broadcast and was surprised that the game was still on let alone close (Pitt was up by 10 at that point).

LOL why would I take my family to a Pitt football game?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X