Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK getting 10 years, $95 million

Other names mentioned are Matt Rhule...and John Harbaugh.

Comment

• Like who? Seems like this is only going to get weirder as the week goes on.

Comment

• The amazing thing is Notre Dame still has a shot at the playoff. Some things need to go right for the Irish, but it's possible.

So, you have a coach leaving (today) a possible playoff team to take over a rebuilding job at a program which just fired its coach 1.5 years after winning a national title.

Weren't we harping about player loyalty a week ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          The amazing thing is Notre Dame still has a shot at the playoff. Some things need to go right for the Irish, but it's possible.

So, you have a coach leaving (today) a possible playoff team to take over a rebuilding job at a program which just fired its coach 1.5 years after winning a national title.

Weren't we harping about player loyalty a week ago?
          And the top candidate for ND is a coach at another school that is in the top 4 of the playoff in Luke Fickell Cincinnati. Loyalty is dead, unless its you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Like who? Seems like this is only going to get weirder as the week goes on.

Comment

• ESPN reporting Brian Kelly met with his players this morning for 11 minutes and then left for LSU. He will not coach the Irish should they make the playoff.

Should a coach be contractually required to finish a season before moving along? Kelly just gave a big middle finger to Notre Dame. Hard to fathom.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Program wise...they are just so irrelevant right now. He has a lot of work to do. IT's kind of mind boggling that Kollyfornia doesn't have at least one program in the running every year...it's not like the state is lacking in high school talent.
                Florida, Florida State, and Miami were all mediocre this year. Not like there's no talent in that state.

Comment

ESPN reporting Brian Kelly met with his players this morning for 11 minutes and then left for LSU. He will not coach the Irish should they make the playoff.

Should a coach be contractually required to finish a season before moving along? Kelly just gave a big middle finger to Notre Dame. Hard to fathom.
                  Kelly is no great loss. I was at Notre Dame Stadium in 2014 when he stupidly blew a game to a sub-,500 Northwestern team. At the toll road rest stops on my way back to Pa., I told the Notre Dame fans to thank their coach for the win if they saw him. Most seemed ready to do so. Others can win at Notre Dame.

Comment

ESPN reporting Brian Kelly met with his players this morning for 11 minutes and then left for LSU. He will not coach the Irish should they make the playoff.

I think its dependent on the contract language. I agree that I'd like to see coaches finish the competitive season when they break their contract. Hopefully that can become a standard thing. Clearly the big buyouts have stopped very little.

Comment

• This is why I tell players in High School I counsel through the recruiting process to pick a program and school and not coaches because at the drop of a dime unless you're playing for Saban those coaches will leave for the next big job and you'll be nothing but a distant memory to them.

Comment

• I have a few kids with PSU offers now questioning if they're scholarships will still be honored for 22 and 23 kids because Brent is now going to Virginia Tech smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                          This is why I tell players in High School I counsel through the recruiting process to pick a program and school and not coaches because at the drop of a dime unless you're playing for Saban those coaches will leave for the next big job and you'll be nothing but a distant memory to them.
                          Unfortunately, I don't think this happens very often.

Luckily at the D2 level many programs have stability (and HCs not counting down to each off-season to see what better comes along). Just different animals.

Comment

I have a few kids with PSU offers now questioning if they're scholarships will still be honored for 22 and 23 kids because Brent is now going to Virginia Tech smh.
                            That's always happened though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's always happened though.
                              True but with limited #'s at schools thanks to the extra year of eligibility given out kids fear they'll be left without an offer at the P5 level and if they burned bridges when they made their commitment they'll be forced to prep for a year, go the JUCO route or play down at the FCS level. One kid is a 22 recruit 4 star so I believe whoever the new DC is will honor his deal, the other is a 23 recruit 3 star who I feel may get his offer turned into non committable offer at least temporarily until the new DC sees what he has to work with currently at State College..

Comment

True but with limited #'s at schools thanks to the extra year of eligibility given out kids fear they'll be left without an offer at the P5 level and if they burned bridges when they made their commitment they'll be forced to prep for a year, go the JUCO route or play down at the FCS level. One kid is a 22 recruit 4 star so I believe whoever the new DC is will honor his deal, the other is a 23 recruit 3 star who I feel may get his offer turned into non committable offer at least temporarily until the new DC sees what he has to work with currently at State College..
                                Yeah this year is just a giant mess. On Sunday, I was talking at church with a dad whose son is a lineman recruit. He got some offers from those MEC schools that are early & often with WPIAL kids but has struggled to get offers because of the coaching carousel, extra year of eligibility, increased transfer pool, etc. Unfortunately not many PSAC schools have civil engineering either.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X