Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    The James Franklin news overshadowed something just as shocking - Liberty has given Hugh Freeze an extension giving him $4MM a year. That's crazy money for a school that was playing PSAC schools in the 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

And yet they went into Columbus and gave OSU all they could handle. And they were right there in every other game they lost. It was a disappointing year on the heels of a messy year with COVID. The sky is hardly falling.
      And yet they lost to an Illinois team that had trouble gaining 100 yards on Rutgers the following week. They're a .500 team in the Big 10 for a reason. When you're a one-dimensional offensive team it catches up with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think Penn State football is also used to the continuity of having your head coach for a long time. I like that too. I agree that a 10-year extension is probably too much until he can win the Big Ten or at least beat Ohio State. But they bring in the revenue to have his salary match.
        As difficult as it is to wrap your brain around in today's sports world, Penn State has always measured their success in more ways than just winning. Winning is important. It's real important but not everything. Yes, the continuity aspect is a positive for them. Like so many aspects of big-time college sports over the years, they are probably right. So, in their case, any attempts to jump off of the crazy coaching carousel should be applauded. Also, like all long-term deals, after a few years, it will be cheap for PSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

As difficult as it is to wrap your brain around in today's sports world, Penn State has always measured their success in more ways than just winning. Winning is important. It's real important but not everything. Yes, the continuity aspect is a positive for them. Like so many aspects of big-time college sports over the years, they are probably right. So, in their case, any attempts to jump off of the crazy coaching carousel should be applauded. Also, like all long-term deals, after a few years, it will be cheap for PSU.

Comment

• Lol. Sad but true

Comment

• That's what Bloom's HC Darragh did too with back to back championship appearances his first 2 years, and all down hill afterwards.

If Franklin shares some of that 70 million with ESU, they will be sitting pretty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

That's what Bloom's HC Darragh did too with back to back championship appearances his first 2 years, and all down hill afterwards.

If Franklin shares some of that 70 million with ESU, they will be sitting pretty.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 11-25-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• From 2016-2019 he won 11 games 3 times. Wake up son!!!
                  Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-26-2021, 06:16 AM.

Comment

That's what Bloom's HC Darragh did too with back to back championship appearances his first 2 years, and all down hill afterwards.

No reason East Stroudsburg shouldn't be fully funded tomorrow.

Comment

• The Joebots seem torn on the move. The PSU message boards are probably 50/50 on the extention.

Comment

• Some really interesting names being circulated for the Akron job. Then again, Terry Bowden was a good hire that wasn't successful. Too many MAC schools in Ohio for anyone to build anything consistent.

Comment

• Saban says it all.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463691609296584706

Comment

I think that's great. Not because it's Nick Saban, but because I like to see people say what they really think. Football-wise, he's right and the pressure must be incredible at Alabama.

But I'm just tired of people in our society regurgitating what others tell them to say and think what others tell them to think. It's a relief actually to see somebody just let it all out and in a cogent way.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I think that's great. Not because it's Nick Saban, but because I like to see people say what they really think. Football-wise, he's right and the pressure must be incredible at Alabama.

But I'm just tired of people in our society regurgitating what others tell them to say and think what others tell them to think. It's a relief actually to see somebody just let it all out and in a cogent way.
                              One of the first to really take on fans who think they should win every game and find fault with coaching and players when they lose. Everyone wants to win, and winning covers up and soothes many of the complainers.

Comment

Dammit, Saban said something very intelligent and I kinda like him for that. Now I'm gonna have to up my meds. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X