Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Philly is a pro sports town however when Temple wins and consistently the city gets behind them hence the 2015 season where we filled the Linc for Notre Dame and Penn State as well as had 45k for homecoming. HC's look at it as a stepping stone job however there are a couple candidates from Philly area who would use this job as a life long job and not look to jump the ship for a larger job. Francis Brown currently Rutgers recruiting coordinator and CB coach, current Temple RC/RB coach Gabe Infante and Panthers STC Ed Foley all would not look to jump ship and make Temple what Houston is currently. Plus Temple pays $2 million base salary for the HC position plus incentives.
    Fair points. However, I'd also say the only time Pitt sells out Heinz Field is when Penn State and Notre Dame come to town. I think it could be a good job. But, yes, I think the hire has to be just right. If you go with a young up and comer, he'll be gone in three years. The retread looking for one more job probably won't move the needle much. Those under the radar types like you mentioned may be the recipe.

Comment

• Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal.

Pretty odd case. Not many start the season as a Heisman front-runner and then get benched.

His phone will be blowing up. Wonder if Tort could get him to IUP? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal.

Pretty odd case. Not many start the season as a Heisman front-runner and then get benched.

Maybe Spencer to IUP would get fans in the stands for home games and they can finally fill the stadium besides SRU coming to town. It's worth a shot for Tort to throw the offer out there lol. I'm sure Pitt & PSU have already reached out to Spencer about their QB vacancies lol.

Comment

Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler has entered the transfer portal.

Should go as well as Chase Haslett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You're not wrong. And his lack of success surprised me given his decent track record at Northern Illinois. Starting to think Temple is a place careers go to die.
            It will always be a stepping stone position. Matt Rhule used it on his way to the NFL. Bruce Arians was once the head coach there.

They could have a decent Group of 5 program. The school was on board to have an on campus stadium but that seems to have gone quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It makes perfect sense to me.

1. More money.
              2. L.A. is obviously a bigger spotlight than Norman, Okla.
              3. As you alluded to, the new SEC will be brutal for any team to get through just to make it to the playoffs. If he stayed at Oklahoma, he could go 10-2 every year, miss the playoffs and get fired. In the Pac-12, there's like one or two decent teams but nobody the likes of Alabama, Georgia, etc. He could go 10-2, lose in the playoffs and get an extension.
              Program wise...they are just so irrelevant right now. He has a lot of work to do. IT's kind of mind boggling that Kollyfornia doesn't have at least one program in the running every year...it's not like the state is lacking in high school talent.

Comment

Rod Carey out at Temple after just 3 years.
                As a Temple fan, all I can say is "thank God".

Comment

You're not wrong. And his lack of success surprised me given his decent track record at Northern Illinois. Starting to think Temple is a place careers go to die.
                  From what I've read on multiple sites, many Northern Illinois fans were happy to see Carey go when Temple hired him, thinking the program declined under his tenure as NIU's head coach.

Comment

• Brian Kelly is allegedly leaving Notre Dame to take the LSU job. Not confirmed but it is being reported by numerous reputable outlets.

Urban Meyer's 'dream job' may be open in South Bend.

Comment

Brian Kelly is allegedly leaving Notre Dame to take the LSU job. Not confirmed but it is being reported by numerous reputable outlets.

Urban Meyer's 'dream job' may be open in South Bend.
                      But does Notre Dame want Urban Liar?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But does Notre Dame want Urban Liar?
                        Names leaking out on top of the ND wish list:

Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Luke Fickell (Cincy)

Pat Fitzgerald (Northwestern)

In-house candidate - Marcus Freeman (current D-Coord)

Wildcard - Bob Stoops (current Fox Sports Analyst and now interim coach at OU)

The What If - Urban Meyer (NFL)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Program wise...they are just so irrelevant right now. He has a lot of work to do. IT's kind of mind boggling that Kollyfornia doesn't have at least one program in the running every year...it's not like the state is lacking in high school talent.

Comment

• Where do I sign?

Comment

• A couple ND articles are actually mentioning Pitt HC Pat Narduzzi as a candidate.

Granted, some of these sites tend to just start tossing names sometimes, but I didn't expect to see his name surface.

Touchdown Jesus ... meet the 'Duzz
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-30-2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X