Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Louisiana's Billy Napier will be named next HC at Florida.

Ohio State's Ryan Day getting heavy buzz to be next HC of the Chicago Bears.

As a lifelong Bears fan I'd be surprised if Day is that dumb, but you never know. The McCaskey family has slowly ruined what used to be one of the keystone franchises of the NFL.

Comment

• It makes perfect sense to me.

1. More money.
      2. L.A. is obviously a bigger spotlight than Norman, Okla.
      3. As you alluded to, the new SEC will be brutal for any team to get through just to make it to the playoffs. If he stayed at Oklahoma, he could go 10-2 every year, miss the playoffs and get fired. In the Pac-12, there's like one or two decent teams but nobody the likes of Alabama, Georgia, etc. He could go 10-2, lose in the playoffs and get an extension.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It makes perfect sense to me.

1. More money.
        2. L.A. is obviously a bigger spotlight than Norman, Okla.
        3. As you alluded to, the new SEC will be brutal for any team to get through just to make it to the playoffs. If he stayed at Oklahoma, he could go 10-2 every year, miss the playoffs and get fired. In the Pac-12, there's like one or two decent teams but nobody the likes of Alabama, Georgia, etc. He could go 10-2, lose in the playoffs and get an extension.
        And, of the Pac-12 schools, USC is the one where the right person can win big. It's the bright lights, Hollywood, etc.

Comment

• Rod Carey out at Temple after just 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Rod Carey out at Temple after just 3 years.
            Duke job is now open, too.

Crazy movements otw.

Comment

Duke job is now open, too.

Crazy movements otw.
              Delaware too.

Comment

• Lincoln Riley just arrived in LA.

That's crazy to think he was coaching Bedlam less than 48 hours ago. Obviously, that deal was basically done prior to yesterday. But, it was kept a pretty big secret. No OU players were made aware of it. Pick the school. Not the coach. Here today and in LA tomorrow. Perfect example why I have no issues with the transfer portal. Coaches can yap loyalty all they want -- until they get a better offer.

I hope he does well. College football is better with USC involved. But, much like UCLA basketball, many have failed out there under the bright lights.

Comment

Lincoln Riley just arrived in LA.

That's crazy to think he was coaching Bedlam less than 48 hours ago. Obviously, that deal was basically done prior to yesterday. But, it was kept a pretty big secret. No OU players were made aware of it. Pick the school. Not the coach. Here today and in LA tomorrow. Perfect example why I have no issues with the transfer portal. Coaches can yap loyalty all they want -- until they get a better offer.

I hope he does well. College football is better with USC involved. But, much like UCLA basketball, many have failed out there under the bright lights.
                  I agree that college football is better with some good P5 teams on the west coast. Somebody. Anybody.

Comment

I agree that college football is better with some good P5 teams on the west coast. Somebody. Anybody.
                    I spent a lot of time working in LA during the Pete Carroll years. He obviously went a little overboard with the 'Hollywood' culture, but those guys were the biggest celebrities in LA during that run.

Snoop and Will Farrell hanging at practice was a pretty big recruiting draw. Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush ... they were A-List celebs. All came crashing down, of course.

Comment

Rod Carey out at Temple after just 3 years.
                      In all honesty he should have been dismissed after last year. COVID just brought him an additional year and he stunk even worse this year somehow. Was the wrong choice from Day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

In all honesty he should have been dismissed after last year. COVID just brought him an additional year and he stunk even worse this year somehow. Was the wrong choice from Day 1.
                        You're not wrong. And his lack of success surprised me given his decent track record at Northern Illinois. Starting to think Temple is a place careers go to die.

Comment

You're not wrong. And his lack of success surprised me given his decent track record at Northern Illinois. Starting to think Temple is a place careers go to die.
                          Temple is just stuck right in the no-man's-land of D1. If you get a coach who does well there, ... first thing he's going to do is leave (Al Golden).

Philly is a pro sports town much like Pittsburgh. Pitt at least has the advantage of being in a P5 conference and the ability to pay the HCs more attractive salaries.

Comment

• No reason why USC and UCLA aren't power houses every year!!!

Comment

No if you hire the right person who knows what it takes to succeed Temple is a good FBS job, Al Golden laid the blue print Steve Adazio followed it to land the BC job, Matt Rhule followed it to land the Baylor job, and Collins used it to land the Georgia Tech job. Adazio retained key members of Golden's staff, and Rhule did the same as did Collins. Temple can hire Ed Foley the Panthers STC who was the Temple STC for years and had all conference/american kickers/punters/returners who knows the program inside and out and he's a Temple lifer he will pretty much groom the next HC whether it be Fran Brown or Gabe Infante two highly respected assistants but lack experience as HC

Comment

Temple is just stuck right in the no-man's-land of D1. If you get a coach who does well there, ... first thing he's going to do is leave (Al Golden).

Philly is a pro sports town much like Pittsburgh. Pitt at least has the advantage of being in a P5 conference and the ability to pay the HCs more attractive salaries.
                                Philly is a pro sports town however when Temple wins and consistently the city gets behind them hence the 2015 season where we filled the Linc for Notre Dame and Penn State as well as had 45k for homecoming. HC's look at it as a stepping stone job however there are a couple candidates from Philly area who would use this job as a life long job and not look to jump the ship for a larger job. Francis Brown currently Rutgers recruiting coordinator and CB coach, current Temple RC/RB coach Gabe Infante and Panthers STC Ed Foley all would not look to jump ship and make Temple what Houston is currently. Plus Temple pays $2 million base salary for the HC position plus incentives.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X